SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone else experienced the heated steering not working? Since I bought the car it has never worked, it lights on (in the display) and then goes off after around 2 seconds?

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,102 Posts
Hi has anyone else experienced the heated steering not working? Since I bought the car it has never worked, it lights on (in the display) and then goes off after around 2 seconds?
Are your hands cold? You have to have cold hands to qualify for heated steering wheel use

;)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
Sounds like a short. Should be an easy fix at the dealer. Is your warranty out or maybe you bought it used...

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No dealer or warranty in the UK. All warranties from dodge are revoked if you export to the UK unfortunately , and yes I live in the north east of the UK so my hands are cold :)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,739 Posts
No dealer or warranty in the UK. All warranties from dodge are revoked if you export to the UK unfortunately , and yes I live in the north east of the UK so my hands are cold :)
Aw man that sucks. Well at least it‘s prob not a big dollar repair.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,102 Posts
"I read the Owners manual, and it says:
HEATED STEERING WHEEL — IF EQUIPPED
The steering wheel contains a heating element that helps
warm your hands in cold weather. The heated steering
wheel has only one temperature setting. Once the heated
steering wheel has been turned on it can operate for up to
120 minutes before automatically shutting off. The heated
steering wheel can shut off early or may not turn on
when the steering wheel is already warm."

Its somehow sensing that its already warm I bet by the looks of it. I would check the settings to see if its set to come on automatically when you turn the car on (I had to turn mine off), maybe your car being newer has an extra setting that my 16 didnt have.

link to other problem reports; Heated Steering Wheel Duration 30-45 seconds? | Dodge Challenger Forum (challengertalk.com)

Dodge Bulletin attached

Attachments

·
Registered
In The Market
1,318 Posts
Mine came on unexpectedly one morning when it dropped to 19F in the Eastern Sierra. Nice. Unexpected. Seems to know what to do on its own for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,978 Posts
Have you tried checking if the left side gets hot, where the steering wheel should be?

Reactions: Baldnut

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Redeye
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many thanks for the info (y)

I have only tried mine when its been very cold and I have had the heating on full.I will try and play a little further but we are not talking 25-30 seconds more like 2 to 3 seconds before it goes off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts