SRT Hellcat Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts
For added certainty, you can always take a centerpunch and tap a few holes around the perimeter of the flange to hold in the magnet from moving outwards.
Or spend a bit more and buy Votex plugs.

Reactions: BHoward
And in the "one good deed deserves another" department...all this oil changin' talk got me all hot and bothered to do mine.

So I just decided to change my oil since I put 1,000 more miles on the car since the last (first) oil change at 500 miles. I pull the belly pans off and see there a lot of drippage under the cooler drainplug. And go to check the drain plug and it it finger tight. YEaH! and that is after I did the oil drain and change last time and made sure I torqued the factory drainplug to spec. That drainplug is going into the "archive box" and I am swapping it with a real magnetic one that has a real one-time-use, gasket and not the molded rubber pseudo-gasket on the factory piece. It's M12x1.75 in case you're wondering.

Reactions: Jimmy N.
Do you happen to know which Votex plugs fit? I have not pulled mine yet and did not know of the 'flanged' version works or if you have to find the flush version.
Dang, I just looked in my plug pile today, but didn't pay attention to the part numbers. Used an M16 1.5 for the diff today, that much I remember. What fits It's probably on their web site...or I can look tomorrow.

Dang, I just looked in my plug pile today, but didn't pay attention to the part numbers. Used an M16 1.5 for the diff today, that much I remember. What fits It's probably on their web site...or I can look tomorrow.
I checked their site. All they show under fitment are the oil pan drain plugs, at least by application. I searched M16 and it came up with some Subaru applications, etc.

So, the service tech comes out and says, "Man, why didn't you get this thing in a manual?

"It's a Redeye."

"What's a Redeye?"

Oh dear.
I would immediately say pack it up, I need to leave…then find an srt-certified dealer to do your oil changes, if possible!

I would immediately say pack it up, I need to leave…then find an srt-certified dealer to do your oil changes, if possible!
SRT certified dealer?
I am certain it would not make a difference for me as I have trust issues when it comes to other people working on my car LOL.
However I have never heard of a SRT certified dealer. This is interesting I may need to do some research.

Discussion starter · #69 ·
SRT certified dealer?
I am certain it would not make a difference for me as I have trust issues when it comes to other people working on my car LOL.
However I have never heard of a SRT certified dealer. This is interesting I may need to do some research.
We call them Power Brokers, usually. I don't know when they stopped doing it, but Dodge, for a while, had programs techs could go to get them SRT certified experience.

We call them Power Brokers, usually. I don't know when they stopped doing it, but Dodge, for a while, had programs techs could go to get them SRT certified experience.
Ok gotcha.
I'm definitely familiar with the power broker dealership program.
Unfortunately with me doing my little investigative research, apparently I know more about the power broker dealerships than the actual power broker dealerships themselves lol.

Just changed the oil this morning with race ramps. As I was doing the change making sure my hands were clean before touching the car and wiping any oil splashed I was thinking how the dealer wouldn’t give a rats ass lol. I even torqued the oil and cooler drain plugs to spec, also wondered if the dealer would do that or just give it a nice gorilla turn.

drained the oil cooler too, a good amount came out I think I will continue doing the drain.

Just changed the oil this morning with race ramps. As I was doing the change making sure my hands were clean before touching the car and wiping any oil splashed I was thinking how the dealer wouldn’t give a rats ass lol. I even torqued the oil and cooler drain plugs to spec, also wondered if the dealer would do that or just give it a nice gorilla turn.

drained the oil cooler too, a good amount came out I think I will continue doing the drain.
Just my opinion because I know that somewhere there's got to be a dealership that does take pride in what they do. I believe the majority of dealerships use individuals that just got fired from McDonald's to change the oil, I'm pretty sure they don't need any type of certification they just need to know Lefty Loosey righty tighty.
I try to use a high quality torque wrench on nearly every fastener.
I would bet the the oil change Tech does not use any torque wrench and would probably be considered lucky if they didn't use the impact to put the drain bolt back on cross threaded.

...I'm pretty sure they don't need any type of certification they just need to learn Lefty Loosey righty tighty on the job.
There, I fixed it for you.

• Haha
Do you happen to know which Votex plugs fit? I have not pulled mine yet and did not know of the 'flanged' version works or if you have to find the flush version.
Looks like I used the DP009. Have a few empty bags with that P/N, and they're M16X1.5.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.