SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1812 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
258 Posts
How can you tell if they aren't rubbing outside of pulling the wheel? I got the 20x11 with 315 DWS06 tires and just from hand feel they feel like it's going to be really tight. I'm tempted to throw the 3mm spacers on just to not worry about it. She got a bit ol booty now!

Edit: I ended up putting the spacers on as I didn't want to risk it rubbing. Much more room and the 3mm (.11 inches) isn't noticeable with sticking out.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
258 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone still checks this threat but anyone who has gotten a full set of wheels with 9.5s up front, do your lugs stick out? It's driving me a bit crazy due to the comments I keep getting from people about the front lugs not being flush. I ordered some shorter lugs that look exactly the same and even those stick out. From looking at all the pictures I can find they all seem to stick out. I've annoyed Paul too much about it already.

If they did and you were able to fix it.. how?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
167 Posts
Yes, they stick out.
The lugs nuts are all the same length and need to be for the lug stud length.
The wheel's flange thickness changes with the offset.
I don't see any reason to fix it and I'm pretty anal about symmetry.
If you absolutely need to fix it, you'll need to custom cut some shorter lugs studs and modify lug nuts to fit flush.
These modifications need to be properly otherwise you sacrifice safety.
Not worth the headache.

Reactions: Dextar

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,415 Posts
Question: Did you experience any rubbing? I also am running MPSS 315,s on 11” Hellraiser’s and had minor rubbing on LH turns etc. at inboard rear of wheel wells.. your experience is appreciated 😊
I did get some minor rubbing under the same situation. I added a 3mm spacer and it helped.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
258 Posts
But these guys have Challengers, and there's "supposedly" more room on the Charger rear....correct?
I have a Charger, 20x11 with 315 Continental DWS06 on the rear and I added a 3mm spacer. There was no way they wouldn't have rubbed without it, especially if you loaded people in the rear.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Please keep me informed as to Michelin 315’s rubbing issue. I have 1/8” spacers coming and have done the wheel well mods of rivet hole relocation.. maybe a MP4S is smaller than a MPSS, but I think they are the same..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Please keep me informed as to Michelin 315’s rubbing issue. I have 1/8” spacers coming and have done the wheel well mods of rivet hole relocation.. maybe a MP4S is smaller than a MPSS, but I think they are the same..
I haven't installed the rims n tires yet, once I do, I'll post impressions.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
22 Posts
Here’s the final “setup”
2017 HC Challenger
HR5 Hellraiser 20x11” wheels
Michelin Pilot super sport
In 315/35-20 size (Rear only)
Speed logic 1/8” /( 3mm) Spacers
They rubbed so I trimmed, relocated front rivit hole, etc.. still rubbed on inside of front part of the wheel well..
Installed spacers and ShaZam.. no more problems/ rubbing..
Thanks to the info found here on this site!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I plan on going close to the same route. Same brands but 10.5 /305 from your experience do you think there will be a need to trim or space with that setup? Great looking car!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
70 Posts
Thank you, so far I’m very content with how I’ve modded my Cat.
Compared to my set up, yours is slightly more conservative, so I don’t think you’d need to trim or add spacers.
But I’m not the expert on this.

1781 - 1800 of 1812 Posts