SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
Good points made on saving up for a supercharger rebuild in the 75-125k mile range. Assuming Kenne Bell is still in business at that point and my compression is still good some interesting possibilities open up. :D:p
 

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Joined
·
646 Posts
I have no reason to believe that this engine would have any longevity issues at the 800-900 hp range with proper tuning and maintenance. Pin the crank and use the proper plugs for your boost and fuel. Injected and OST really know their stuff here when you're ready for the tune.
 

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Joined
·
197 Posts
I was Chrysler tech for 28 years,have seen their engines with 300,000 -600,000,I don't worry about miles with maintenance performed regularly.my only worry would be supercharger but replace it and drive on.have friends with 5.7 hemis with over 300,000 miles still running strong
 

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Joined
·
28 Posts
That's exactly how I feel. The first owner put 7200 kms on my car in three and a half years. I've put 2500 km on it in three months. I'm beginning to feel "at home" in the car, how things work, where the limits are, that kind of thing. The first owner probably never did.
Don't save your car for the next owner. It ain't worth it.
Bought my 2017 in Feb with 1471 miles on it. It now has 11k and some change and I have a smile for every mile.
 

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Joined
·
349 Posts
My 2016 is a daily driver. I’m at 16,000 miles now, and I have done 3-4 oil changes, new tires and ceramic clear coat. Car looks and runs like new. I have no worries on longevity.
 

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
At the most I’ll put 4,000 miles a year on my Hellcat. If the motor tanks at 100,000 miles that would give me 25 years of joy. I seriously doubt I’ll have the car that long. When I’m near the end of the factory warranty I’ll either invest in a Mopar extended warranty or let the car go. I’ve got a little more than four years to make that choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
For what its worth, mine is my only car. I've put over 18k miles on it, even though I've only had it ten months. It has taken a 1,400 mile road trip (round trip), and it gets hundreds of miles a month of in-town use and highway cruising time. Keeping it in street mode, and long cruises at 1,800 RPMs have very low wear on the car IMO. I've had 0 issues, and have been changing my oil every 4-5k miles. I only drive it really hard about 5-10% of the time, and find myself just enjoying the comfort, the sound, and the road the other 90%. Hoping to hit 150k in 7 years or so!
 
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Top