SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Hellcat allocation in Canada

1849 Views 36 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Sublime_Seat delete SS
Good evening guys. I placed an "order" for a 2022 Hellcat Charger Widebody May 2, 2022. I was told it would be at least a couple months until I receive a VIN and minimum 6 month wait until I will receive my car. I have been waiting 7 months and still have not received a VIN number or VON number and I'm just wondering if there are any further steps I can take to make sure I will get the car. May 5, I was advised that my car already got "accepted" by the factory and that it at BG status. I messaged my salesman a month later and he told me the car was now in BX status. Agust 9th I asked my salesman how things were looking and he said its looking like my 2022 order will turn into a 2023. August 16 I received a text from him stating I will have to choose a different colour than Hellraisin because the colour isn't available for 2023.. No problem (I guess) November 1st I sent him a text and I'm still at the same status as I was May 5th, 7 months ago. Now, I don't know if i should keep being patient, bugging my salesman, or calling the dealership to speak directly with the sales manager. Ive done my absolute best to be patient for the last 7 months and I am just starting to get worried that I won't get the car. My grandfather had bought a 1968 Charger from factory when he was 26 years old. (my father owns now) and my grandmother bought a 1970 roadrunner 440 4 speed from factory (sadly not in family anymore) and since 2015 when I first seen the Hellcats I knew I wanted to own one, one day, and they have been my favourite car for the past 7 years. My order was placed through Peel Chrysler in Ontario, which are very reputable and the most SRT vehicles in Ontario. Thanks for any input and opinions because they are much needed and I am kind of stuck on what move to do next.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 Challenger Jail Break
2,427 Posts
No jailbreak. And with my order status at BX makes me think that I got an allocation.
no that’s not true. I placed an order for a 2022 JB in January and it stayed at BX until June. The dealer admitted in March to me that they didn’t have an allocation but they would apply the first one they will get to my order. They got one in June and applied to my order and I went to D in a few days.
So an unallocated order will sit at BX.

· Registered
18 Posts
I know of people that have been waiting since JAN 2O22. I ordered in Aug. With the allocations playing out now in the states. I am not holding my breath for a car at all. And honestly I am kinda pissed with Dodge. Cant you at least let us Canadians in on some information.

· Registered
2022 Challenger REWB F8
119 Posts
I think you are following up about four months too late. Better start looking for a new one someone might have in stock or start shopping for a used one. I wish you luck. Glad I’m on the other side of the border.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hello fellow SRT owners. I think I can one up you here, On order status, (not to steal thread.)
I ordered a Challenger super stock Dec. 2, 2021. VON received immediately. Car went to BG status. Never received VIN. Still waiting with no end in sight. Dec. 8, 2022. Now over a year later my R/T widebody trade has been left in limbo. Dealer said it is being switched to 2023.
Dodge doesn’t give a crap about you. Why are dealers taking orders and playing with your emotions and trade in values. Thx for letting me rant.

· Registered
233 Posts
I know when I was waiting on my 2021 Redeye, it seemed that pretty much all the Canadian orders were ignored. Someone had posted a pic of his dealers order screen showing that they had numerous scatpacks and hellcats all stuck in BX state and never advanced.

There must be some reason dodge is basically ignoring Canadian orders. I’m sure it comes down to money, but it does seem strange that they just wouldn’t explain the reason or just tell Canadian buyers can’t order. Because it does seem like most Canadian orders just don’t get built. Though maybe that’s a wrong impression from the various dodge boards.

· Registered
2022 Challenger REWB F8
119 Posts
Hello fellow SRT owners. I think I can one up you here, On order status, (not to steal thread.)
I ordered a Challenger super stock Dec. 2, 2021. VON received immediately. Car went to BG status. Never received VIN. Still waiting with no end in sight. Dec. 8, 2022. Now over a year later my R/T widebody trade has been left in limbo. Dealer said it is being switched to 2023.
Dodge doesn’t give a crap about you. Why are dealers taking orders and playing with your emotions and trade in values. Thx for letting me rant.
What dealer did you order from?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
I must have one of the oldest orders in Canada. I ordered a 2021 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat RedEye Widebody on August 5, 2021. The order was transferred to 2022 in November 2021 with the change to a Jailbreak model as there were fewer options on the RedEye. My order fell into error status last September because the Indigo Blue color is no longer available. After over a month the color change to Frostbite was accepted and I returned to BG status. Awaiting transfer in 2023. No one knows when orders will open and/or allocations will be awarded for the Canadian market.

· Registered
2 Posts
I feel your pain I had placed an order for a Jailbreak in Jan 2022 with my local dealer in Alberta. No movement at all stuck in BG status for whole year. The dealer called me last month to tell me that I can reorder a 2023 jailbreak as the original order was not picked up. I cancelled the order in the end and found a nice black 22 redeye instead that was on the lot (luckily). Happy with it but frustrated on the lack of communication from both Dodge Canada and the dealer being clueless on if they can or cant actually get a car that is ordered. Not sure what the employees at Dodge Canada actually do if they are not able to organize the number of cars allocated for US and Canada? When I bought my black redeye I got the dealer to pull up their order list for challengers and all of them where in BG status and some jailbreaks ordered in 2021 were also in BG status so its almost hopeless unless you find one used or one on the lot in Canada. Best of luck and it’s totally worth it when you find one :).

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
62 Posts
I feel your pain I had placed an order for a Jailbreak in Jan 2022 with my local dealer in Alberta. No movement at all stuck in BG status for whole year. The dealer called me last month to tell me that I can reorder a 2023 jailbreak as the original order was not picked up. I cancelled the order in the end and found a nice black 22 redeye instead that was on the lot (luckily). Happy with it but frustrated on the lack of communication from both Dodge Canada and the dealer being clueless on if they can or cant actually get a car that is ordered. Not sure what the employees at Dodge Canada actually do if they are not able to organize the number of cars allocated for US and Canada? When I bought my black redeye I got the dealer to pull up their order list for challengers and all of them where in BG status and some jailbreaks ordered in 2021 were also in BG status so its almost hopeless unless you find one used or one on the lot in Canada. Best of luck and it’s totally worth it when you find one :).
If I don't receive my order after waiting all this time and being transferred twice, I will sell my 3 Challenger and my 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and I will never have Stellantis products again. Unfortunately, the manufacturer does not give a damn about Canadian customers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts