SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve purchased a 18 hellcat from auction and got it all fixed up after it was in a accident. The car is ready to go except for tires and alignment. I have all these sensor codes after putting the new bumpers in and the parking sensors and all that. They’re all on my dash and I brought the car to the dealer and they wouldn’t clear. My buddy who works there says he can go through and clear them next week. I know this car runs good and just want the codes cleared. Could it be just his scanner and maybe a different scanner will clear them or is it the actual car? Could it also be just the car needing to be driven for the car to reconfigure everything. Just a FYI I purchased every part from the Dealer so everything was done properly.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,564 Posts
Accident repair can have the engine started to move the car around the shop in and out of the shop. This runs down the battery. I'd ensure the battery is fully charged up.

If the codes are OBD2 codes any OBD2 scan tool of any quality to speak of should be able to issue a clear codes command.

If the codes are not cleared, are still active, this is because the underlying error condition is still present and is detected by the engine controller (or some other controller).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts