SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat Content (Tips & Tricks, How To's, & Reviews)

8K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  SublimeHellcat 
#1 ·
So I had this thought last night of putting together some content for those of you who are waiting to pick up your hellcat or just want some tips if you already own one.

Before I picked up my Hellcat A8 a few weeks ago I spent a lot of my time looking up every little detail of the car and had lots of different questions about it. So I had a great idea of writing an ebook on hellcat 101 and answering a lot of common questions about the car, but also some more advanced things you might not have known about the vehicle.

Also, I'm going to be flying to North California to pick up my second hellcat with the six-speed in two weeks since I'm going to be giving my current hellcat to my dad as an early birthday present. I'm going to be driving the hellcat all the way back down to the Los Angeles area which is going to be a 500 mile trip(perfect for break in period) and I was thinking if you guys are interested I would film the trip and review the car on my way back down while also talking about the break in period, and go into depth of any questions you guys might have about the vehicle.

I can make some more in depth videos covering any questions or things about the hellcat you guys would want to see or know more about.

So if you guys think its a good idea, just let me know and I'd love to hear your guy's feedback or things everyone would like to see.

Thank You,
Nightmare

See less See more
#2 ·
Night...I like it. I think it is creative and will be very useful. Hopefully you will keep adding/updating it as things develop. Take as much info and put it in video form...Thanks Much!!

Reactions: Nightmare
#6 ·
Night I see from your photo that you bought from Moss...SB or MV? I'm pretty close to both here in the I.E.

#13 ·
thank you:) and I originally placed an order back in September and they finally told me it's going to be delivered in two weeks lol but I got impatient last month with no word Back and decided to buy one off the dealers lot when I was getting my Jeep serviced.

#12 ·
So nice of you to share with us all!
Look forward to the video!
Still snow here!

#16 ·
NightmareHellcat - Great idea. Just make sure you try not to repeat or capture the information that is already posted on this forum. Others have created a few threads providing very useful information similar to your idea like DrBuick, tsc, and Tammie just to name a few. Or if you're really feeling motivated, you can consolidate it all with your new idea.

#18 ·
People are still hungry for Hellcat videos. My silly YouTube videos get tons of reviews. Anything that provides details and info will be greatly enjoyed by many. Also be sure to post your details on the forum. Everyone here is great at sharing info. :D

#19 ·
People are still hungry for Hellcat videos. My silly YouTube videos get tons of reviews. Anything that provides details and info will be greatly enjoyed by many. Also, be sure to post your details on the forum. Everyone here is great at sharing info. :D
I'm always on the lookout for hellcat videos! I actually watched yours before I even joined the forum and realized later on that they were yours:p

Also, I was wondering if you can share a pic of your weather tech floor mats? I just ordered mine and I was curious how they look in the car, thank you:)

#26 ·
Even better. Sounds like you will put up some quality stuff (not that it really matters -- we are Hellcat junkies)

#24 ·
Hey nightmare when are you coming to Northern Cal I live up here. what dealership are you getting your HC from? When I get my hellcat my first road trip is the San Diego will have to hook up !!! And I think your idea of videos would be great I look for it HC videos all the time!! All my friends and family says I have hellcat -itis there right I do. ;) .....

#25 ·
Everybody here is like a fat kid in a candy store. Just can't get enough of anything Hellcat. I'll look forward to your video(s) etc... Best of luck picking up the new cat and safe travels home! Keep an eye on the weather!!!

#31 ·
Too bad they don't design the drivers mat in a way where the mat extends all the way up the dead pedal on the left.

We have so much sand and crud here in the winter it will just slide right behind the mat in that place.

I still remove my mats at least once a week to vacuum junk up but that change would help a lot on this car (and many others).

#32 ·
Too bad they don't design the drivers mat in a way where the mat extends all the way up the dead pedal on the left.

We have so much sand and crud here in the winter it will just slide right behind the mat in that place.

I still remove my mats at least once a week to vacuum junk up but that change would help a lot on this car (and many others).
I thought that too! That is always where my foot goes when I'm not shifting.

#33 ·
I also wish they would extend the mats well up behind the pedals. If they go higher up there is no chance of snagging the pedal and then the stuff that comes off your foot does go behind the mat there either (falls down into the mat where you want it).

I like the Weathertech mats, but every set I have owned quite a few sets for different cars and I have always been a bit disappointed in that I thought they could be designed even better without much effort. The other issue I ran into is that since the mats are plastic (no carpet) the dirt grinds into dress shoes when driving (mucks up my good leather LOL). Again, I clean the mats often but we have some messy slop to deal with in the winters.

Last few cars I went with Lloyd carpet mats for daily use (Utlimat I think - I'd have to check my receipt) and I find they keep the car cleaner than the weather techs (stuff stays in the carpeted matt).

Nothing is perfect. I have to get something for the Hellcat when it arrives but not sure what yet.

#35 ·
Maybe I should write WeatherTech and tell them we need an OCD EXTREME version of the matts and tell them what I feel they should do. The new mats will come with a white Tyvek jumpsuit with attached booties that you put on before getting in your car LOL!

Imagine the look when you get out at the grocery store, remove your suit in the parking lot, fold it up and put it in a box in the trunk.

#39 ·
Great idea... I drove mine from socal to norcal, the 500 mile break in was sweet. We got a lot of thumbs up and a few foolish imports trying to keep up. I wish I was buying a second cat. you rock
I always have people trying to race me and I just nod my head knowing they're not ready for this beast! It's always high school kids too that think their ricers can keep up:p

I'm looking forward to the road trip though, I'm going to stop by San Francisco for a little while and I have myself a well-deserved vacation with the hellcat and a few friends for the week;)

#40 ·
Yeah, one of those knuckleheads ran through a turn lane and then cut in front of me at the light to go straight. I scared the shizzy out of him and I am sure his ticket is in the mail since there is a camera at that light!!! Dumba$$! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.