SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, one of the dealer lists I'm on (waiting to order)... That dealer emailed me this morning saying to be next to my phone tomorrow morning at 9am because he will know about his next allocation for charger and challenger hellcat. He will be calling all 50-100 people that put themselves on the wait list and will likely start the markup in the same ballpark he sold his first allocated cars ($15k over). He'll probably run through his list until he gets the highest bidders. I'm not sure how many on the wait list are still waiting (I'm not) or how many or going to be willing to pay even more than $5k over MSRP; maybe they will for the charger.

Anyways, the next allocation is likely getting announced tonight or tomorrow morning. Anyone who is waiting to order might like to know that information! Good luck!

Btw, I spotted my first Hellcat Challenger on the street yesterday. Redline, going the opposite direction on a 50mph 2 lane with a median. That car looks so damn good!! I can't wait for mine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Houston, I ordered mine at msrp. What dealer are you dealing with?
I'm in Houston, too. I am on the wait list at Autonation Spring CJD (that's who emailed me to wait by my phone tomorrow morning). I am on the wait list at a few other places, too.

With so many dealers playing games with buyers, I decided to give my business to Bob Frederick up in Ohio. I'll have to wait until late next spring but that works better for my situation (saving even more for a downpayment and still getting a car).

We should get a Houston group together next year. I live up in Cypress.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
FYI, one of the dealer lists I'm on (waiting to order)... That dealer emailed me this morning saying to be next to my phone tomorrow morning at 9am because he will know about his next allocation for charger and challenger hellcat. He will be calling all 50-100 people that put themselves on the wait list and will likely start the markup in the same ballpark he sold his first allocated cars ($15k over). He'll probably run through his list until he gets the highest bidders. I'm not sure how many on the wait list are still waiting (I'm not) or how many or going to be willing to pay even more than $5k over MSRP; maybe they will for the charger.

Anyways, the next allocation is likely getting announced tonight or tomorrow morning. Anyone who is waiting to order might like to know that information! Good luck!

Btw, I spotted my first Hellcat Challenger on the street yesterday. Redline, going the opposite direction on a 50mph 2 lane with a median. That car looks so damn good!! I can't wait for mine.
Sounds good. There are a few other Houstonians on the site. In Pearland, would be cool to get all the Houston Hellcats together.
See here...doing just that:
Houston Hellcats SRT Hellcat Forum

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
I heard from a local dealer today that they are only making 500 for the second allocation? WTF? Surely not. RS?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,106 Posts
I heard from a local dealer today that they are only making 500 for the second allocation? WTF? Surely not. RS?
My understanding is, the second allocation is just for the month of January.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
they are 1 month allocations now.... second is for Jan, Jan 14th 3rd allocation is for Feb

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
So RS said 4 allocations this year. So that means...if this new 'monthly allocation' business is true that March is the last allocation for 2015? That blows...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
139 Posts
See, there are too many unanswered questions that Dodge could put some of our minds at ease if they gave any type of updates. It's a guessing game for most of us and that is not good customer service at all. Looks like they fulfilled mostly 6 speeds first. I ordered the 8 speed so who knows when. Your customers should never be this frustrated especially when Dodge went balls out hyping this car. Maybe they are being built at Area 51 rather than in Canada. This should be an exciting time for us buyers but it appears it just gets more frustrating.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
131 Posts
I have bought 5 cars from autonation in spring including 2 ram srt10's. Never again! I didn't even bother calling them on this one because I new they'd probably have the highest mark up in Houston. Good luck let me know how it goes I wish you the best.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,730 Posts
RS had already said monthly allocations from here on out. Decembers allocation is for January production. 500-575 allocations expected for Dec. Its in the 2015 info thread..

Bummer.. I probably wont see a car at a 500 per month production rate.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
I have bought 5 cars from autonation in spring including 2 ram srt10's. Never again! I didn't even bother calling them on this one because I new they'd probably have the highest mark up in Houston. Good luck let me know how it goes I wish you the best.
they were certainly one of the highest, they told me $15k. Then they called me and said a buyer backed out b/c the wrong seats got installed and was offering it to me at $5k...I still told them to take a hike.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
RS had already said monthly allocations from here on out. Decembers allocation is for January production. 500-575 allocations expected for Dec. Its in the 2015 info thread..

Bummer.. I probably wont see a car at a 500 per month production rate.
He charged January minimum expected production and that is because they shut down for a week Jan 1-5. With the production rate increasing to 800 in other months, it is very possible for them to meet the demand. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they were certainly one of the highest, they told me $15k. Then they called me and said a buyer backed out b/c the wrong seats got installed and was offering it to me at $5k...I still told them to take a hike.
I didn't even bother calling back. He left me a VM but I knew they were going to ask for a huge markup. The $5k markup offer because someone backed out is likely more of a fake story to make you think you're getting a great deal; he likely called the whole list and is doing rounds again (and again) to see if there are any takers at $10k over and then $5k over.

·
Read Only
1,045 Posts
I didn't even bother calling back. He left me a VM but I knew they were going to ask for a huge markup. The $5k markup offer because someone backed out is likely more of a fake story to make you think you're getting a great deal; he likely called the whole list and is doing rounds again (and again) to see if there are any takers at $10k over and then $5k over.
Told them No also....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.