SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this just happened.... 3am and I wake up to hear my Hellcat start up in the garage, on its own!! How can this be? The FOB is on my dresser and the others are in my safe..... Any suggestions why it just started on its own?

·
HOTM Winner
7,982 Posts
So this just happened.... 3am and I wake up to hear my Hellcat start up in the garage, on its own!! How can this be? The FOB is on my dresser and the others are in my safe..... Any suggestions why it just started on its own?
Did it shut off on its own 15 minutes later?
If it did, it was remote started.
Did you buy new or used?
If used, previous owner could be messing with you, call Uconnect and make sure they are removed from car.
That's all I got.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
There's been a few posts like this lately but I don't know if there's been any resolution on why this is happening.

Maybe for now just pop your hood release when you park it in the garage as this will disable the remote start.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Damn that’s concerning for sure and as Hunter said definitely call Uconnect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it shut off on its own 15 minutes later?
If it did, it was remote started.
Did you buy new or used?
If used, previous owner could be messing with you, call Uconnect and make sure they are removed from car.
That's all I got.
I used the FOB to shut it down, it was only running for about 2 minutes. I crapped my pants when it started, my room is above the garage and it was loud! LOL... I purchased the car used with 1300 miles on it. I will call Uconnect today...

·
Registered
48 Posts
So the cars are being remotely started or someone is outside with a key fob starting them? I’m lost here. I purchased my cat used with 4200 miles, and did not get all the fobs from the used dealership.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Is there a way to go into Uconnect yourself and delete previous owner access info just in case?

As far as not getting all FOBs at purchase, I would at least go to a dealer and have them reprogram your FOBs to a new code for security, otherwise whoever has that missing FOB can steal your car.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Is there a way to go into Uconnect yourself and delete previous owner access info just in case?

As far as not getting all FOBs at purchase, I would at least go to a dealer and have them reprogram your FOBs to a new code for security, otherwise whoever has that missing FOB can steal your car.

The Unonnect account stays active with the owner and cannot be changed unless you call Uconnect and ask them to change the account. I personally have been notified by Uconnect numerous times over the years on deactivating my account for previously owned cars. And a lot of times they give you a time frame to respond and if you do not they automatically deactivate your account. So no you cannot change the Uconnect account on your own.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The best anti-theft device in the modern age!
Vw did a commercial with the new gli. The two guys get outta the car and walk away and the passenger goes hey aren’t you gonna lock it? Then he goes na it’s a stick. Haha

Every now and again my wife jokes like she’ll take my car. I say I tell you what if you can get it outta the garage and driveway then sure you can take it for a ride.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Vw did a commercial with the new gli. The two guys get outta the car and walk away and the passenger goes hey aren’t you gonna lock it? Then he goes na it’s a stick. Haha

Every now and again my wife jokes like she’ll take my car. I say I tell you what if you can get it outta the garage and driveway then sure you can take it for a ride.
I told my wife the same thing: If you can drive it, you can have it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I believe the car "Christine" from the movie was a Mopar...

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts