SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped by the dealership on the way home. Service manager told me the 3rd Hellcat delivered, I was #2, had the SC fail in under 30 miles. :eek: Just thought I would share.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you drive it like you stole it for those 30 miles at least? That sucks by the way. . .
No, not my car. I followed the break in rules.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
354 Posts
LOL.........wow, this is getting scary depressing!

I got a sublime HC for sale cheap!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
So sorry to hear this

·
Registered
930 Posts
Meh... that's what warranties are for.

I'm sure, like with any car, things can go wrong. If we were hearing about 100's of SC's going down I would lose some sleep.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Dropped by the dealership on the way home. Service manager told me the 3rd Hellcat delivered, I was #2, had the SC fail in under 30 miles. :eek: Just thought I would share.
Wow hmmmmmmmmm did they burnout for like 10 min straight then drove it like they stole it

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
IHI makes the supercharger. No doubt it is a top quality unit. With that said, a certain percentage of anything mechanical will break. Stuff breaks... FCA will make it right under warranty by replacing the unit (or repairing but my guess is they will outright replace any initial failures so they can get the bad units back and have engineering folks do a post mortem).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,944 Posts
Another forum member said his car had a bad supercharger,, maybe it's the same dealer
My thought as well, we should make sure it's not the same car/SC.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
supposedly a little louder than normal, so it is being replaced as a preventative measure?.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.