SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M6 what should I use to lock down flywheel I am trying
to pin my crank can't find tool fo this thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
I bought the ghf tool, worked well

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,926 Posts
Why couldn’t you just leave the rear wheels on the ground and leave it in gear? That’s how I plan on doing mine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
Some of us work on lifts.
I wasn't going to lay on my back to loosen and torque a crank bolt.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
815 Posts
A large pry bar, and an assistant to hang on to it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,146 Posts
Why couldn’t you just leave the rear wheels on the ground and leave it in gear? That’s how I plan on doing mine.
Exactly! Leave it in 1st gear, chock the wheels and parking brake on and the crank is not moving.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
The leverage you get lying on your back vs standing is unbelievably different. Watch speedys video of him loosening and tightening a crank bolt. I honestly had to laugh when I did mine with an extension pipe and took zero effort. Not to mention, that tool is a much better option than jamming something in the teeth like a prybar or piece of wood. #bustedknuckles

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Manuals are easy, auto’s are the pain for this. Put it in 3rd gear and put E brake to the floor, it won’t move unless your E brakes not adjusted right.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,498 Posts
Big ass screw driver works but I bought a flywheel locking tool from Amazon for my E39 M5 when I replaced the clutch & flywheel. When you’re on your back under stands, the lock tool makes things so much easier. I know it’s not a hellcat but the concept is the same.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
815 Posts
Manuals are easy, auto’s are the pain for this. Put it in 3rd gear and put E brake to the floor, it won’t move unless your E brakes not adjusted right.
Mine moved that is why I went to the good old pry bar method. I also used the the old style factory bolt as opposed to the new style Demon bolt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts