SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat in hand...

5K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  1FSTCAT 
#1 ·
So happy, finally secured a Hellcat after just going into full on search mode...

Pitch black, auto, loaded, black/ruby combo

MSRP, great trade on my 2014 SRT...

Pictures tonight or tomorrow...300 miles to home :)

Had one on order...once the sun roof got pushed again, I tapped out...so happy I did...

#2 ·
congrats...seems like black is the popular color for sure....

i assume you had to drive your 14 over there for the trade in and then the deal....sucks to have to drive it again to pick the car up..

thats why im trying to sell my 11 out right....not easy to sell a used challenger right now

#7 ·
I am going to wait it out, I refuse to pay above MSRP. The way this has all been handled I refuse to give anyone any additional profit. You can do a lot with an additional 5k in your pocket! Think of it this way, you pay an additional 5k to get the car 3 or 4 months early, its winter anyway, wait until summer and keep the cash.

#8 ·
Did you pay MSRP?

#11 ·
from my search today it seems like finding one for $5k over is simple...i found one quickly

seems like $5k over is the new norm

better than $10-20 like a few weeks ago

i suspect $5k extra will be the norm for many months....lots of people with $5k to blow...not so many with $10-20k

#13 ·
shouldnt get angry...you should laugh at them......to some $20k is nothing.....they can make it in a day

the hype and sky is falling attitude is what irritates me...that feeds the ADM.......which causes people to panic and pay $5k over

if $5k means nothing to you go ahead and give the dealership a $5k Christmas gift

#16 ·
oh goodness no, I haven't taken anything personal since I divorced the ex Mrs:eek: We are all here for the same thing. I just want Dodge to pick up my order and change my BX to a D, I've got a deal in writing for MSRP. I THINK they will eventually get around to filling orders. That said, I have just as much knowledge as those who say that if you don't have a VIN now then you aren't getting a car...I don't believe them but no one knows the real answer.

#17 ·
So happy, finally secured a Hellcat after just going into full on search mode...

Had one on order...once the sun roof got pushed again, I tapped out...so happy I did...
Congrats on your deal at MSRP. That's what we like to see around this forum to help out Hellcat family members that either don't have their Cat yet, or have ordered late in 2014. I ordered my Cat on Dec 18th. Word is it will take 6 to 7 months, but it will get built, and I'm okay with waiting until summer. If I move from the west coast to the east coast also this summer, it will be one less vehicle I only have to transport once.
Can't wait to see pics. I'm not sure if I've seen a Black Cat with black/ruby interior yet. Great combo

#21 ·
I've even seen a guy on Craigslist trying to sell his rights to his ordered Hellcat that he's getting for MSRP from the dealer. Its assholes like this that cause dealers to do exactly what they are doing. The Dealers attitude is why should they let a customer who hasn't even took possession of a Hellcat profit $10,000.... Certainly this "ass" is in his right to do what he's doing, but if I were the selling dealer and got wind of this, I'd tell that customer to go take a while and buy a car elsewhere...

#28 · (Edited)
Well finally got home (about 225 mile drive to NC) and this is story :)

1. Driving 55 on a 70mph interstate on the busy returning home from the holidays day...not fun :) I had my flasher on and just settled in...no way I'm risking the break-in...set it to manual and ran through the top three gears and pulled over at rest stops to let it cool. I know the break-in is all about setting the gears and basically ensuring your heating everything, not scorching metal if it's not broken in properly. To each his own, I know some will laugh at it, but it was over in a couple hours and worth it to me.

2. The car is absolutely finging amazing. Coming off three SRTs in a row, I'm was very happy with all of them...no issues. This car should not even be sold to mere mortals....the sound, the smell, the whine, the feel....it's all perfect.

3. Sunroof - I have to say that getting that extra 2.5 or 3.0" for a 6.5" frame is a true blessing. I fit in my previous cars, but my hair was always hitting the liner. Not a show stopper, we loved the sun roof...but I think we'll be ok, it feels like a sport car...hard to explain, it feels right.

4. Black/Ruby interior - I had already lined up a shop to replace the red with black...not doing it, it's great. The red is deeper and tasteful. The pictures and brochures do not capture the real look. Go and see it in person. With the red interior dash lighting...it's perfect.

5. Fit and finish - I looked the car over and washed it when I got home...no issues. I know there's always some flaws or specks...I'm confident I will be good shape. Interesting little change to the front wheel wells...a small, very small plastic lip is added like a mud flap...just enough to keep the side cleaner.

6. Black rims - still not a fan and they suck to clean :) I will be painting these or swapping for something else...just not my thing, I like the contrast of a nice rim.

7. Electronics/Dash - there is gauge for everything, I'm surprised it's not measuring my own body temperature from the seat. Seriously, you won't believe how many more options there are.

8. Drive - it's a bit harsher then any of my previous 2012-2014 Challenger SRTs...you feel the bumps more, but the roads in NC suck. In Virginia, it felt great...if I go back to NC, I'm buying a kidney belt :)

9. Feel - I would be repeating everything you've heard...you have to get behind the wheel and just experience it. I can't say enough about this car. I likely pushed my financial limits with this purchase, but honestly I have no regrets...seat time is worth it.

10. I had a stock Charger come up and hassle me for at least 25 miles...as much as I wanted to stomp him, I just kept it in check. It was annoying and futile...I was even in the far right lane. His car was not a sleeper, just a poorly maintained Charger wanting to race. Everyone else was a drive by with a thumbs up.

BTW - They (Autopark East in Wendell, NC) has a sublime scatpack...wow, that is nice car. Reminds me of my Kawasaki Ninja back in the day...love the color.

Sorry if there are a ton of typos, I'm tired and have literally been up for 30+ hours...didn't sleep last night :)

#31 ·
Well finally got home (about 225 mile drive to NC) and this is story :)

1. Driving 55 on a 70mph interstate on the busy returning home from the holidays day...not fun :) I had my flasher on and just settled in...no way I'm risking the break-in...set it to manual and ran through the top three gears and pulled over at rest stops to let it cool. I know the break-in is all about setting the gears and basically ensuring your heating everything, not scorching metal if it's not broken in properly. To each his own, I know some will laugh at it, but it was over in a couple hours and worth it to me.

2. The car is absolutely finging amazing. Coming off three SRTs in a row, I'm was very happy with all of them...no issues. This car should not even be sold to mere mortals....the sound, the smell, the whine, the feel....it's all perfect.

3. Sunroof - I have to say that getting that extra 2.5 or 3.0" for a 6.5" frame is a true blessing. I fit in my previous cars, but my hair was always hitting the liner. Not a show stopper, we loved the sun roof...but I think we'll be ok, it feels like a sport car...hard to explain, it feels right.

4. Black/Ruby interior - I had already lined up a shop to replace the red with black...not doing it, it's great. The red is deeper and tasteful. The pictures and brochures do not capture the real look. Go and see it in person. With the red interior dash lighting...it's perfect.

5. Fit and finish - I looked the car over and washed it when I got home...no issues. I know there's always some flaws or specks...I'm confident I will be good shape. Interesting little change to the front wheel wells...a small, very small plastic lip is added like a mud flap...just enough to keep the side cleaner.

6. Black rims - still not a fan and they suck to clean :) I will be painting these or swapping for something else...just not my thing, I like the contrast of a nice rim.

7. Electronics/Dash - there is gauge for everything, I'm surprised it's not measuring my own body temperature from the seat. Seriously, you won't believe how many more options there are.

8. Drive - it's a bit harsher then any of my previous 2012-2014 Challenger SRTs...you feel the bumps more, but the roads in NC suck. In Virginia, it felt great...if I go back to NC, I'm buying a kidney belt :)

9. Feel - I would be repeating everything you've heard...you have to get behind the wheel and just experience it. I can't say enough about this car. I likely pushed my financial limits with this purchase, but honestly I have no regrets...seat time is worth it.

10. I had a stock Charger come up and hassle me for at least 25 miles...as much as I wanted to stomp him, I just kept it in check. It was annoying and futile...I was even in the far left lane. His car was not a sleeper, just a poorly maintained Charger wanting to race. Everyone else was a drive by with a thumbs up.

BTW - They (Autopark East in Wendell, NC) has a sublime scatpack...wow, that is nice car. Reminds me of my Kawasaki Ninja back in the day...love the color.

Sorry if there are a ton of typos, I'm tired and have literally been up for 30+ hours...didn't sleep last night :)
Great overview! I have the red and black seats and agree it is hard to capture how great they really look! Glad you had a great drive home! Congrats again...;)

#29 ·

Yaaaa! Congrats! Looking forward to pics.:D

#30 ·
#33 ·
#35 ·
Wheels - I want contrast so it's between a gunmetal or antique bronze look...going shoot some samples this weekend and decide. Most likely gunmetal look....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.