SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anybody please advise on who insures Hellcats in the UK. I have just imported one and am struggling to find an insurer!
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
I have no idea and sorry for the false hope when you see I bumped your thread but please, please tell me you plan to take your cat on the autobahn!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Churchill Insurance came through for me with a very reasonable quote (It is not a std option on their system, but they will do it. I did have to agree to fit an antitheft tracking device and transfer my 15 years no claim Bonus from my Merc, but since its an older car, more standard and considered safer to drive the extra cost to change that insurance was very little. For UK folks pls note that they actually declined to insure the car with less than a 2 year no claims bonus and I had to suggest transferring from my other car, worthwhile remembering!)
So now all I have to do is wait for my registration to come through from the DVLA! (between 4 and 8 working days so no later than next Friday!!)

Sinurgy: I have a mate in the Netherlands who wants to do a road trip and yes that definitely will include the autobahn next door!!

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
what the hell is insurance for if you have to make a "no claim term".

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It gets stranger... u can protect your no claim bonus for 50 bucks a year so that you can make a claim, but its only valid if you make no more than 2 claims in 3 consecutive years..... its all a scam!
Insurance quotes have ranged from £2000/year to 700/year so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts