SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Trackhawk Rhino | Laguna Red
103 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,235 Posts
I don't think CAIs void warranties. I had my LMI on my car for 3 years and never was denied any warranty work. For it to void your warranty the mod would have to be directly the cause of the problem.

Reactions: WVHEMIS

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break
1,539 Posts
How would like void his warranty?
It won't unilaterally void his warranty but give Dodge wiggle room to not cover claims. For example if he went in for a lean condition code, or something happened to his engine they could say "not covered due to aftermarket part installed that contributed to the failure".

A red eye intake is OEM though, I wouldn't worry about it to much. I wouldn't run an aftermarket though under warranty like a Corsa or something.

The chances are slim, but it still is possible. If you read the fine print anything aftermarket is not covered as well as damage caused by using aftermarket equipment.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
So it’s not as easy as that depending on what year hellcat you have you may need a custom intake like the ones I make just for this. If it’s 15-18 you will have a power steering pump in the way I do have a 3D printed intake that bumps up over this to allow for more direct replacement note the high angel to avoid the pump reservoir
Gesture Leisure Recreation Electric blue Human leg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
So it’s not as easy as that depending on what year hellcat you have you may need a custom intake like the ones I make just for this. If it’s 15-18 you will have a power steering pump in the way I do have a 3D printed intake that bumps up over this to allow for more direct replacement note the high angel to avoid the pump reservoir View attachment 603767
What are the odds of you doing a prepreg version of your inlet tube for the Redeye? Mine should be here tomorrow, but looking at the speedkore air grabber, I think it might be a little tacky to have a bunch of different weaves and such. Or at least make me look like a ding dong.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
You mean this that I have had for almost 4 years

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You mean this that I have had for almost 4 years

I suppose the clear coats threw me off, that and the my having misremembered what I read on which site, and the photo of that product being the same photo you decided to use for the Charger product. Cheers.

·
Vendor
29 Posts
I suppose the clear coats threw me off, that and the my having misremembered what I read on which site, and the photo of that product being the same photo you decided to use for the Charger product. Cheers.
The charger redeye yes I have another listing with a added shield because some were worried about the breather filter getting wet as it’s under one of the vents.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The charger redeye yes I have another listing with a added shield because some were worried about the breather filter getting wet as it’s under one of the vents.
I'm sure it shouldn't be as much of a concern with the Challenger's current hood as there are no heat chimneys. I've never seen a filter over for the breathers. Have you?

·
Vendor
29 Posts
Has any of your customers done a before and after sound test?
I’m not sure if any one has made a video it’s really hard to video it most report a slight increase in sound this one is designed to keep heat out I will have some thinner ones shortly that will increase sound.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I use a breather filter for the pcv over the driver side.
I am afraid I was not articulate or clear enough. I am also sure we have seen any number of sizes, shapes, and colors of breathers. What I was attempting to ask you simply, plainly, and cordially was whether or not you had seen an air filter cover similar to the ones we might find for an intake, for a breather. Therefore, depending on availability, mostly relieving the need for a "shield" that covers somewhere between 20-25% of the circumference of the breather itself. The rain shields are relatively effective from my experience and understanding because of the materials used. If moisture is the concern your customers, my fellow consumers, are concerned with, by implementing such a cover you could have alleviated the need to make such a fitting and provided such a cover, if it exists, to further your profit margin and the convenience and peace of mind of the consumer. Hopefully I have fully chronicled my thought processes, questions, and ideas. Thank you. Cheers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts