SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s great hearing back positive feedback from our customers, this one came in today from Kevin on his 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8:

” Hello Kirk. The installation is complete on my challenger. The results are excellent! Upon the recharge of the system the chiller frosted up quickly. Cabin temps are very cold with the solenoid engaged. With cabin cooling on the intercooler water temps sit at 39 degrees. With cabin temps off the water temp sits at 31. This is in the garage with the car parked with no air flow into the condenser. Ambient temperature was 74 degrees. I would imagine drive down the road the temps will be a cold as they can be. I will report the intake temperature results to you as soon as I have them.
I want to thank you for the fast response and the fast shipping of my kit and to express to you my appreciation of the very clear and detailed install instructions and video you included! I have included some pictures for you of my install. If any of your customers have any questions for the Challenger install feel free to point them to me. I will help as much as possible.
Thanks again!!
Kevin.”

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
84 Posts
can I ask how much for the interchiller? also will everything be the same if going on a charger cat? i mean as in installing that is?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
can I ask how much for the interchiller? also will everything be the same if going on a charger cat? i mean as in installing that is?
I would be interested in a price also

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,203 Posts
This is Mike's plug and play interchiller kit for his 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Intake temps are no longer going to be an issue for this beast.

Kit should be arriving tomorrow! Can't wait. Going to drop the car off at Injected Engineering next week for install along with the blower spacers, thermal blanket and PNR ice tank, and a number of other suspension goodies and DSS axles.

I'll post results when I get the car back. Currently I've just been watching IC and IAT temps. We're seeing weather temps in the 70's right now in GA, typically my IC temps are about 10-15 above ambient and my IAT temps are about 30-35 degrees above ambient as long as I'm moving so I've been seeing around 100-105 IAT temps unless I get in stop and go traffic in which case they'll creep up to around 120. In the summer here, when the ambient is in the 90's, its not unusual to see IATs around 120-125 when cruising and as high as 140-145 in stop and go traffic.

This car is a daily driver for those of you that didn't know and are interested in the impact on a DD.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,203 Posts
Reactions: El-Gato and Rellcat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,993 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not clear what is needed by looking at the web site... if you want to buy the complete kit ready to install? Is that the Race Chiller + Comp Solenoid? or are other parts required? The $2295 AUD is about $1633 US... If the Stage 2 Upgrade is also required the price jumps to $3495 AUD is $2486 US. Any Pics of this installed on a HC?

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,203 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not clear what is needed by looking at the web site... if you want to buy the complete kit ready to install? Is that the Race Chiller + Comp Solenoid? or are other parts required? The $2295 AUD is about $1633 US... If the Stage 2 Upgrade is also required the price jumps to $3495 AUD is $2486 US. Any Pics of this installed on a HC?
You don't NEED anything but the base stage 1 kit if you want the cheapest route, that's $2295 AUD which is what my kit is showing above. Stage 2 kit is optional, Kowalski's Ghost is going that route with his and it does add an additional $1200 AUD to the price. Most of the other options on the price list are for GM LSA engines so there's only a handful of options that are relevant to the Hellcat platform, such as:

Hellcat/Trackhawk/Demon plates + blanket
AN-16 LSA hose & fittings kit to suit chiller/reservoir/intercooler pump adapters
Reprogrammed EMP Pump

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,993 Posts
You don't NEED anything but the base stage 1 kit if you want the cheapest route, that's $2295 AUD which is what my kit is showing above. Stage 2 kit is optional, Kowalski's Ghost is going that route with his and it does add an additional $1200 AUD to the price. Most of the other options on the price list are for GM LSA engines so there's only a handful of options that are relevant to the Hellcat platform, such as:

Hellcat/Trackhawk/Demon plates + blanket
AN-16 LSA hose & fittings kit to suit chiller/reservoir/intercooler pump adapters
Reprogrammed EMP Pump
OK Got it thx Blkout! If it works as good as they claim that is very impressive... any pics of one installed?

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,433 Posts
I was the first Hellcat to install this setup so we're doing all the specs for Stage 2 -- including instructions.

For Stage 1 you don't need anything else, save your water side hose / fittings and a some minor wiring for the switch that cuts off AC to the cabin when you're at the strip.

Once my install is done and tested, I'll post on it, and I'll work with FI to get deal going for members of this forum. With the spacers, I worked with other FB page forums, too -- but I'm pretty sure they're all very defensive over a competing brand, so we'll see.

Do know that these are built to order. And yes, there will be a Hellcat plug and play kit -- though again, because there are so many configuration options, the water side is up to you.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,433 Posts
any pics of one installed?
I'd hoped to have some this week, but I've been down with the stomach flu. Been in bed for 3 straight days.

Not much to be seen, really: the chiller will mount under your bumper on a bracket you'll either fabricate or buy and attach to the crash bar. It's quite large compared to other units I've seen. Stage 2 involves additional modification to the vehicle but lowers the temps even considerably more. Then you have to decide if you want to use a reservoir tank.

I have a trunk mount tank, but a one-gallon tank mounted under the bumper in a spot formerly occupied by a deleted heat exhanger might be more economical as an option. That's why we're doing the testing.

My personal build is unusual, that's beyond Stage 2. Through Stage 2 will be the same.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,433 Posts
Can’t wait, I want a full package with all the goodies. Kowalski, just lead the way here and tell me what I need for the ultimate setup.

South florida heat, I need something to help me out. I’m averaging in the 110-115 degree range
I will make sure everyone here who wants this system will be able to get one. There are myriad reasons I went this route over some other options, but it's not my place nor my intent to talk down other products that have worked so well for certain people running very impressive times. A lot of it came down to coolant capacity and certain aspects of craftsmanship. Anyone who purchased the spacer kits knows now that FI doesn't use cheap materials. They are very protective of their reputation for quality.

And while to avoid conflict of interest I'm now a "rep" for them and have a supporting vendor badge, the truth is, I've recommended their stuff because I've seen the quality and the results, plain and simple. And if I didn't share that with others, what would be the purpose of my being in this community, exactly?

·
HOTM Winner
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,537 Posts
Plug and play interchiller system for Marc and his 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Does doing the interchiller require a tune or retune if you already have a tune ?
Kits look nice , do you have install vid. that I can see ?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,699 Posts
I will make sure everyone here who wants this system will be able to get one. There are myriad reasons I went this route over some other options, but it's not my place nor my intent to talk down other products that have worked so well for certain people running very impressive times. A lot of it came down to coolant capacity and certain aspects of craftsmanship. Anyone who purchased the spacer kits knows now that FI doesn't use cheap materials. They are very protective of their reputation for quality.

And while to avoid conflict of interest I'm now a "rep" for them and have a supporting vendor badge, the truth is, I've recommended their stuff because I've seen the quality and the results, plain and simple. And if I didn't share that with others, what would be the purpose of my being in this community, exactly?
You’ve never been biased. Just wanting excellent quality. And we want honest results. Keep us posted. This looks like a great product

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,203 Posts
Data is somewhat limited right now on our platform, so I don't think anyone could tell you right now the exact difference between a stage 1 and stage 2 kit until more people have these units installed. The Trackhawk community has been using these for at least few months now. I have no doubt that the stage 2 is more effective than the stage 1 based on what Kirk told me the stage 2 kit includes. That being said, the stage 1 kit should still be far more effective than the Killer Chiller kit which quite a few people here use. The Killer Chiller seems to have mixed results from what I've read here, some people like it, others say its marginal at best. I have no doubt the FI Interchiller will be quite an improvement over stock and the Killer Chiller, just due to the volume of coolant and the components used. Kowalski's Ghost is going for a max effort install so he wanted the stage 2 kit and some customization beyond which has delayed his install a bit as they figure out the best way to install it. My decision was based on good enough for me, and ease of installation.

Reactions: Eyekndy

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,203 Posts
Does doing the interchiller require a tune or retune if you already have a tune ?
Kits look nice , do you have install vid. that I can see ?
If you already have a tune, it should not need a retune if your timing has already been optimized most likely under reasonably good conditions when the tuner was tuning it on the dyno. The benefit of a chiller is not to gain power above and beyond what your car is making now, but not to lose any power that you would typically be losing as supercharger and IAT temps rise. So, while my car might make 843whp under good conditions, it may not make more than that with the chiller, however, I should be able to get those results during just about any ambient temps making it far more consistent from one run to the next or if I want to hot lap the car without waiting long periods between runs. Talking to some tuners and Kirk at FI Interchillers, its not unusual for a supercharged car like ours to lose 30-50HP by the end of 1/4 run just from the supercharger and IAT temp increases, so in that regard, I would expect to see some improved performance.

Does that make sense? Its really about maximum consistency, not so much power gained but much less power lost.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts