SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to go about getting another Red & Black Keys for my 2020 Hellcat Redeye. My dealer sold me a new car as a used car with the stipulation that they only have to provide 1 key and or maybe or not any floor mats . Well I did get the floor mats but only 1 red key.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
Sounds like more dealer bs. So now you have to pay to buy two more FOBs and to get all three reprogrammed so whoever has the other FOBs is permanently locked out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
108 Posts
I often wonder why you don’t all the keys myself unless one of the keys goes to the finance company if there was a loan on the car or the sales person wants a sovereiger

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
378 Posts
At least I was lucky about the dealer losing a key. In 2015, they came with "3" keys, one black and two red. They lost the black one, so I still have two then.

·
Registered
100 Posts
What is the best way to go about getting another Red & Black Keys for my 2020 Hellcat Redeye. My dealer sold me a new car as a used car with the stipulation that they only have to provide 1 key and or maybe or not any floor mats . Well I did get the floor mats but only 1 red key.
I have a Red Key fob that I kept as a souvenir when I sold my Hellcat. I'm guessing they're reprogrammable, and I'd be willing to sell it to you. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,315 Posts
Too late for you but for someone else's benefit you could have had the sale hinge on the presence of 3 working keys, 2 red ones and a black one and floor mats, too.

Getting the desired keys is relatively easy, but will likely not be cheap. Buy a suitable red key and black key from the dealer's parts department. Speak with a service advisor to verify this next step but my info is you wiBook an appointment to bring the car in and with the 1 key you have plus the 2nd red key and the black key have all the key IDs you do not possess removed from the car's security system then for the 2 new keys you have have their IDs added to the car's security system.

This removes the IDs of the 2 keys that should have also come with the car from the car's security system so -- albeit unlikely -- the car can't be opened the engine started with the original red or black key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased a low mile 2016 and although the original owner had the build manifest, window sticker and unopened manuals, there was only one black and one red key. The dealer said they would contact the original owner as we can't imagine he didn't have both red keys. If not the dealer will it for me at their cost.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You won't miss having a black key. It's been in my drawer at home since I got it! Save the $350-$400 it's going to take to replace.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,416 Posts
I have a Red Key fob that I kept as a souvenir when I sold my Hellcat. I'm guessing they're reprogrammable, and I'd be willing to sell it to you. PM me if interested.
The information I got was that once a fob is programmed to one vehicle it cannot be programmed to another vehicle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi my dealer tried that to i called F. C.A. filed a report my dealer sent me a text to come & get my keys it did not cost me a penny

·
Registered
2021 Reactor Blue Durango Hellcat
76 Posts
The information I got was that once a fob is programmed to one vehicle it cannot be programmed to another vehicle.
I’ve heard both that they can and cannot be reprogrammed. I know in the manual it says no but a dealership I’ve used and various people online say different.

What I’ve heard that you can take it to a dealership/locksmith to get the key pair number cleared, then it can be programmed to the car.

Whenever I get around to it, I’ll have to update here as I have a spare key that I wouldn’t mind getting paired to mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts