SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting the mid muffler delete and just curious curious if it will void the warranty on my HellCat? I got that B.S. warranty up to 75,000 miles from the dealer. 🤦‍♂️ (That warranty's probably a joke but oh well. 🤷)

Also anyone had any problems with mid muffler delete causing emmissions test fail in Texas?

And is a decrease in gas mileage noticeable?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Don't know about emissions but a muffler delete has no impact on warranty.

My gas mileage was the same before/after muffler delete. Have done it on 2 chargers now (scat pack and hellcat) and I love it. Best bang for your buck mod out there.

Reactions: DVLCAT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about emissions but a muffler delete has no impact on warranty.

My gas mileage was the same before/after muffler delete. Have done it on 2 chargers now (scat pack and hellcat) and I love it. Best bang for your buck mod out there.

Thank you. Did you just take your cat to a muffler shop to get the delete? I'm pretty picky about my cat, and picky about who services it. I don't like people test driving her after services ect. But most of the time the dealer mechanics get away with test driving it. I hate it, but I make sure to put it in valet mode. Also for Texas state safety inspections, I hate letting the inspectors drive my cat, but I guess it's gotta be done. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thank you. Did you just take your cat to a muffler shop to get the delete? I'm pretty picky about my cat, and picky about who services it. I don't like people test driving her after services ect. But most of the time the dealer mechanics get away with test driving it. I hate it, but I make sure to put it in valet mode. Also for Texas state safety inspections, I hate letting the inspectors drive my cat, but I guess it's gotta be done. 🤦‍♂️
Yes, just find a reputable muffler shop with good reviews and you will be golden. Don't let them test drive it....they have no reason to. A muffler delete does not affect driveability. There also shouldn't be any engine codes or dash lights thrown.

It's a pretty straightforward process and should take less than an hour.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,108 Posts
There have been posts that a muffler delete caused the dealer to refuse to replace the active exhaust valves under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
There have been posts that a muffler delete caused the dealer to refuse to replace the active exhaust valves under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hit or miss. Depends on dealer I guess. Had my exhaust valves replaced on my scat pack with no issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts