SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be a good match. All the needed suspension and drive train parts are there. Using a donor truck with a damaged Viper engine (Hole in Block not fixable) complete with 6 speed trans. Not a factory built new truck but might just be as good. What do you think?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
2,024 Posts
Good luck on your project. The Viper SRT motor set up in the 2004-2006 Ram 1500 was really nice. Only negative was the rear was super light. I vividly remember racing a BMW and smoking him (those BMW owners hated that truck) and I just about lost her in a corner on a major 3 lane highway. When I down shifted going into a long corner and coming out to the straight the rear kicked out ever so slightly. I thought for sure she was going to slide out and put me in a really bad situation. The truck once rolling would always walk most cars due to all the Torque. And most people had no clue what was under the hood. And for whatever reason the BMW crowd always thought they where better and would get truly pissed by either flicking me off and or continue to want to race.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Dodge ram srt-10

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
615 Posts
Do it absolutely! I do wonder how the weight difference is between the SC6.2 and the V10. 6.2 with iron block and 150(?) or so weight of supercharger. Will probably give even MORE weight bias to the front. :( I still would want to do it, it would be awesome. Maybe you can tub the bed a bit and put some wide DRs on there? I wanted a RAM SRT10 so bad when they first came out. I projected what they'd cost compared to the Ford Lightening and figured I could swing it. Then they came out way more, PLUS dealer ADMs. Just no way for me back then. The good Lord is making it up to me though with the mighty Red Eye.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.