SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I have a quick question well a couple. Me and the wife have been looking at chargers for the last few weeks. We've owned every srt from the 4 up to the Viper minus the crossfire so have lots of experience with dodge products. We're wanting to find a b5 blue hellcat charger for her. We've only had one chance at a hellcat and it was black so we passed plus the 20k markup was just ridiculous. What are the chances of finding one msrp let alone a b5 blue? Just trying to decide if we should give up hope and just settle with a regular srt or not.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Not very good but use the Dodge search for one 200+ miles

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
Hey guys and gals. I have a quick question well a couple. Me and the wife have been looking at chargers for the last few weeks. We've owned every srt from the 4 up to the Viper minus the crossfire so have lots of experience with dodge products. We're wanting to find a b5 blue hellcat charger for her. We've only had one chance at a hellcat and it was black so we passed plus the 20k markup was just ridiculous. What are the chances of finding one msrp let alone a b5 blue? Just trying to decide if we should give up hope and just settle with a regular srt or not.
Well here's the thing, assuming you're open to cars all over the US, I can almost guarantee that a Hellcat or two matching your requirements and at (or very close to) MSRP will come available in the next 6-8 weeks but will you be the one there to jump on it or not. If you're the kind of guy who goes through "the routine" (send emails, check emails, check forums, check car sales sites, etc.) once a week, you don't have a chance in hell. If you're the kind of guy who does that morning, noon and night, I'd say your chances are really good. So I guess my question to you is how diligent are you?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help found a few just got to call.
Also Sinurgy I'm the type of guy that usually is calling the dealership soon as I see or hear of them having one or soon as they open if closed. We've called 3 dealerships today but all wanted atleast a 10k bump which I refuse to pay.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the help found a few just got to call.
Also Sinurgy I'm the type of guy that usually is calling the dealership soon as I see or hear of them having one or soon as they open if closed. We've called 3 dealerships today but all wanted atleast a 10k bump which I refuse to pay.
If you won't pay above MSRP, then you probably will not get a car that meets what you want. That's reality for probably another year.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
I might know of one. I will check with my salesguy but Wednesdays are his days off.

· Read Only
1,109 Posts
Well here's the thing, assuming you're open to cars all over the US, I can almost guarantee that a Hellcat or two matching your requirements and at (or very close to) MSRP will come available in the next 6-8 weeks but will you be the one there to jump on it or not. If you're the kind of guy who goes through "the routine" (send emails, check emails, check forums, check car sales sites, etc.) once a week, you don't have a chance in hell. If you're the kind of guy who does that morning, noon and night, I'd say your chances are really good. So I guess my question to you is how diligent are you?
"Very Close to MSRP" That's a relative term. I consider 3k close to MSRP, seems people are still willing to pay 5k to 15k above. Good luck to you.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
"Very Close to MSRP" That's a relative term. I consider 3k close to MSRP, seems people are still willing to pay 5k to 15k above. Good luck to you.
True I suppose it is relative but IMO people willing to pay $5k-15K don't need to go through the routine I mentioned as finding Hellcats with ADM's takes no diligence, they are everywhere. My advice was for OP who does not want to fork over that kind of money for one. You can absolutely get Hellcats for MSRP (except probably A8 Challengers) but it takes a lot of work.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
They are out there. I searched multiple dealers months ago and it paid off yesterday. A Hellcat Charger at MSRP. Search my posts for info on my lucky find.
Key words are "months ago"

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
433 Posts
Keep checking on this board, and dodge.com. I for one swore that I would never pay over MSRP. I was lucky and found a dealer that would ORDER at MSRP so I did. But found one yesterday over msrp. paid a little more than sticker, and glad that its over.. :D

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help guys. We discussed we may just have to wait and order the one we want. The problem is it seems no dealers are taking orders right now. So we're giving it to July then if nothing we're going to try to place and order for a 16 and hope for the best. I really don't want to pay over sticker for anything. I'll just wait before I do that lol.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. We discussed we may just have to wait and order the one we want. The problem is it seems no dealers are taking orders right now. So we're giving it to July then if nothing we're going to try to place and order for a 16 and hope for the best. I really don't want to pay over sticker for anything. I'll just wait before I do that lol.
FYI, price is going to go up for 2016... and I have no info, just past experience, but it's not going to be a thousand or so. So you can pay up to $5k over MSRP now and enjoy the car, or, you can order a 2016 in August and wait months for it and still pay the higher price.

Short version, at this point, you're paying more than the current MSRP either way you cut it.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
433 Posts
FYI, price is going to go up for 2016... and I have no info, just past experience, but it's not going to be a thousand or so. So you can pay up to $5k over MSRP now and enjoy the car, or, you can order a 2016 in August and wait months for it and still pay the higher price.

Short version, at this point, your paying more than the current MSRP either way you cut it.

Thats what I'm thinking..!!!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
There is about 240 dodge dealers in the US,,I would call everyone of them...there has to be a small town dealer somewhere that has one close to msrp, keep your fingers crossed

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Loaded! Redline Red was posted here at MSRP a few days ago. Member on HC.org bought it immediately (flew down to get it this morning). The MSRP deals show up but a) you have to move fast b) if you are stuck on one color your chances are that much slimmer.

Reactions: TURNERZ

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
What the last 2 said. We decided a Charger would work for us too. Looked up Dodge.com, found one relatively close with only an $1860 markup, went up that night and finalized (they held the vehicle). Had brass monkey's and Laguna which we weren't in need of, but you have to be flexible. If you only count the time it took for me to search, contact, talk, and say we would be up, it was less than 90 minutes and that includes waiting on salesman replies.

I'd say your MSRP next year after adding options, will be at least $5k more. Newer Jeep SRT has gone up nearly $15k since it came out.

Reactions: SRT_HC_707
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.