SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
BMF
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have tossed this subject around for a number of weeks. Time to clear the Air.
The idea of a Hellcat Car Club is great. I am all in, but the name "Car Club "sounds dated kinda 50's-60's. Plus the current Logo needs a Facelift !!
The name Hellcat Nation fits the subject in a direct impact.
In pro sports they have Fan Clubs but they don't call them fan clubs example:
Raider Nation, Who Dat Nation etc etc..
I suggest the following ASAP!
1- New Logo for Hellcat Nation remove the old Logo.
2- New Name Hellcat Nation 86 Car Club.
I think we all can appreciate the fact that Dodge Hellcat owners is a very small group.
Lets all get on 1 Team. Rise Up and support this forum.
I have already forward this to the Powers That Be.

WT

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,558 Posts
Okay I have tossed this subject around for a number of weeks. Time to clear the Air.
The idea of a Hellcat Car Club is great. I am all in, but the name "Car Club "sounds dated kinda 50's-60's. Plus the current Logo needs a Facelift !!
I think we all can appreciate the fact that Dodge Hellcat owners is a very small group.

WT
everyone WAS on one team..... until you started changing stuff

Reactions: cole3986

·
BMF
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aarcuda we had forum members kicking sand about the Car Club Logo.
Includng myself but I still joined.
Now we have some starting another car club on this forum which is BS.
The Logo was a issue from Jump.
So my proposal is lets fix it.

WT

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,558 Posts
MUTINY!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,002 Posts
Club vs Nation...think I'd stick with club but that's probably an age thing...

CONCUR with needing a new logo...what doesn't appear as a cat but has bed head and a sweat band just doesn't do the car justice

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,240 Posts
The idea of a Hellcat Car Club is great. I am all in, but the name "Car Club "sounds dated kinda 50's-60's.
1- New Logo for Hellcat Nation remove the name Car Club.
2- New Name Hellcat Nation
Lets all get on 1 Team and support this forum.

WT
To band us together should be a mandate that goes beyond personal tastes and power trips. NYCSRT has the fundamentals right in that it should not be exclusive to only certain HC owners which meet limited criteria set by some unknown persons tastes and philosophy, but an organization which allows all different types of owners to band together helping each other and organizing events while allowing for diverse tastes and desires.

I think everyone recognizes that there has been a lot of time, energy and brain cells invested in the current attempt but as Hellcat owners we are a diverse group and not just your average group at that. And the current "exclusive" Hellcat car Club which attempts to exclude owners who do not agree with policy's and forces you to buy into things you do not like or be excluded is not a recipe for "One Nation"

Not sure just how close you are to the powers that be but hopefully close enough to be listened to.
I wish you luck my friend.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,744 Posts
Hate the logo. Won't join a car "CLUB". At 56, I'm too old to join "CLUBS". JMHO

Reactions: Nycsrt

·
Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,489 Posts

WT
Mutiny was the hijacking of threads while running an offshoot club just because. So, no. Not everyone was on the team.

This iteration is using member solicitation to create the Nation (club) persona and the banner that will fly over it. "Nation" is good. "Club" is nostalgic, but overused.

We have a great opportunity here to be on the leading edge of an organization with world-wide, industry reach. Speaking with one voice under one "flag" will keep the dialogue open and effective. I'm ready to be fully on board. Anything new has "warts"...the car club has "warts". Now is the best time to address and fix them...I'm with White Trash on this one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
Club, nation, gang, group, buddies... Etc. All I know is that I've collected contact info for about 30 Hellcat others in my area (Houston) back in September 2014 through about January 2015 and when I finally get off my butt I'll just shoot an email out to everyone saying, meeting for lunch at xyz at this time, everyone is welcome.

Just an informal gathering, don't care if we call it Bob's pizza nuts, I just want to meet all the fine people that own this beast.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,528 Posts

WT
Yes I'm wit you on that I can't be at track wit 275 n ot 10.5 guys wit car club on my gear
Let's repair and build

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
If a large portion of the club fees are for the uber thread count shirt, then please include fat owner sizes in the rebuild :D

Reactions: Nycsrt

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,898 Posts
I would have joined the club but the logo sucks, period end of story.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts

WT
We spoke about this yesterday via phone and I think we had a very productive call.

First off I am not at all opposed to redoing the logo. Reworking it and having the Car Club members input all the way through until we have a final product is something that would be great to do. Logo is the easiest thing to handle and again I'm not opposed to working with all my fellow Club members to see that happen.

Secondly, dropping the Car Club designation is something that would be a grave misstep. Its an important visualization because it immediately designates who and what we are. Marketing materials can say "Join the Hellcat Nation" but when "flying the colors" of the club via apparel it must be front and center. If we just have a shirt with a logo that says "Hellcat Nation" we might as well just wear a regular Hellcat shirt. You look at the Hells Angels and immediately know its a MC. You don't just see the name Hells Angels with a logo and nothing else. There's a Motorcycle Club designation. Not to mention Hellcat Car Club has very powerful SEO. Search Hellcat Car Club and we show up first page top ranking. So Car Club must stay to bring immediate recognition...there's no "what is that?" involved.

My major concern and what I must say is my most major disappointment is that I thought when I created this that there wouldn't be so much childish bashing and division. Yeah I figured not everyone would be happy with the logo, but my sole intention was to give everyone a Club that they could make theirs. Misstep on my part? Yeah it was, I should have tossed up some other logo options but in my excitement I wanted to surprise the community. Live and learn. At any rate, I provided the footballs and wanted anyone who wanted to run/start their own Hellcat club to take off running with it. The sky is really the limit. It's all about having fun, making friends, and growing a tight knit 'family'. The most compelling Dodge has ever put out deserves to have a community rallying around it.

We're in a great position to do something truly unique and special here. If we all come together and have a common goal this community can create something awesome. I realize there is always going to be an element of negativity surrounding what we are trying to do here. It's human nature. Some people just like to piss on everyone's parade for whatever reason(s). Regardless, we'll march on and keep growing.

This is a good conversation to have. We should keep the conversation going. Let's not forget we're all here under one banner.....the Hellcat.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,898 Posts
Change the logo then!

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts
We spoke about this yesterday via phone and I think we had a very productive call.

First off I am not at all opposed to redoing the logo. Reworking it and having the Car Club members input all the way through until we have a final product is something that would be great to do. Logo is the easiest thing to handle and again I'm not opposed to working with all my fellow Club members to see that happen.

Secondly, dropping the Car Club designation is something that would be a grave misstep. Its an important visualization because it immediately designates who and what we are. Marketing materials can say "Join the Hellcat Nation" but when "flying the colors" of the club via apparel it must be front and center. If we just have a shirt with a logo that says "Hellcat Nation" we might as well just wear a regular Hellcat shirt. You look at the Hells Angels and immediately know its a MC. You don't just see the name Hells Angels with a logo and nothing else. There's a Motorcycle Club designation. Not to mention Hellcat Car Club has very powerful SEO. Search Hellcat Car Club and we show up first page top ranking. So Car Club must stay to bring immediate recognition...there's no "what is that?" involved.

My major concern and what I must say is my most major disappointment is that I thought when I created this that there wouldn't be so much childish bashing and division. Yeah I figured not everyone would be happy with the logo, but my sole intention was to give everyone a Club that they could make theirs. Misstep on my part? Yeah it was, I should have tossed up some other logo options but in my excitement I wanted to surprise the community. Live and learn. At any rate, I provided the footballs and wanted anyone who wanted to run/start their own Hellcat club to take off running with it. The sky is really the limit. It's all about having fun, making friends, and growing a tight knit 'family'. The most compelling Dodge has ever put out deserves to have a community rallying around it.

We're in a great position to do something truly unique and special here. If we all come together and have a common goal this community can create something awesome. I realize there is always going to be an element of negativity surrounding what we are trying to do here. It's human nature. Some people just like to piss on everyone's parade for whatever reason(s). Regardless, we'll march on and keep growing.

This is a good conversation to have. We should keep the conversation going. Let's not forget we're all here under one banner.....the Hellcat.
i am but one voice but i think it would be really cool to have a shirt or jacket with something like real bikers have... block letters across the top sayin HELLCAT. car club could maybe be a CC in a circle after the HELLCAT.. then the logo... and maybe block letters underneath with the STATE affiliation?

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,240 Posts
meh, the "Car Club" label is not that big of a deal in my book. Although I do like the Team Hellcat and Hellcat Nation titles. They have a good ring in my ears. However designing a logo and structuring the group as if it was a biker club and handing out the "code" without input was a misstep. And perhaps if you had been so willing to have a discussion earlier on instead of stonewalling the ones that tried to start a conversation, there wouldn't have been so much bashing.

However having said that I am glad that you are willing to discuss it now and hopefully we can come together as a group and build something long term with all of the family at the table.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,240 Posts
i am but one voice but i think it would be really cool to have a shirt or jacket with something like real bikers have... block letters across the top sayin HELLCAT. car club could maybe be a CC in a circle after the HELLCAT.. then the logo... and maybe block letters underneath with the STATE affiliation?
That sounds fine to me, assuming it is a different logo than the current one.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts