SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
Okay I have tossed this subject around for a number of weeks. Time to clear the Air.
The idea of a Hellcat Car Club is great. I am all in, but the name "Car Club "sounds dated kinda 50's-60's. Plus the current Logo needs a Facelift !!
The name Hellcat Nation fits the subject in a direct impact.
In pro sports they have Fan Clubs but they don't call them fan clubs example:
Raider Nation, Who Dat Nation etc etc..
I suggest the following ASAP!
1- New Logo for Hellcat Nation remove the old Logo.
2- New Name Hellcat Nation 86 Car Club.
I think we all can appreciate the fact that Dodge Hellcat owners is a very small group.
Lets all get on 1 Team. Rise Up and support this forum.
I have already forward this to the Powers That Be.

WT
We spoke about this yesterday via phone and I think we had a very productive call.

First off I am not at all opposed to redoing the logo. Reworking it and having the Car Club members input all the way through until we have a final product is something that would be great to do. Logo is the easiest thing to handle and again I'm not opposed to working with all my fellow Club members to see that happen.

Secondly, dropping the Car Club designation is something that would be a grave misstep. Its an important visualization because it immediately designates who and what we are. Marketing materials can say "Join the Hellcat Nation" but when "flying the colors" of the club via apparel it must be front and center. If we just have a shirt with a logo that says "Hellcat Nation" we might as well just wear a regular Hellcat shirt. You look at the Hells Angels and immediately know its a MC. You don't just see the name Hells Angels with a logo and nothing else. There's a Motorcycle Club designation. Not to mention Hellcat Car Club has very powerful SEO. Search Hellcat Car Club and we show up first page top ranking. So Car Club must stay to bring immediate recognition...there's no "what is that?" involved.

My major concern and what I must say is my most major disappointment is that I thought when I created this that there wouldn't be so much childish bashing and division. Yeah I figured not everyone would be happy with the logo, but my sole intention was to give everyone a Club that they could make theirs. Misstep on my part? Yeah it was, I should have tossed up some other logo options but in my excitement I wanted to surprise the community. Live and learn. At any rate, I provided the footballs and wanted anyone who wanted to run/start their own Hellcat club to take off running with it. The sky is really the limit. It's all about having fun, making friends, and growing a tight knit 'family'. The most compelling Dodge has ever put out deserves to have a community rallying around it.

We're in a great position to do something truly unique and special here. If we all come together and have a common goal this community can create something awesome. I realize there is always going to be an element of negativity surrounding what we are trying to do here. It's human nature. Some people just like to piss on everyone's parade for whatever reason(s). Regardless, we'll march on and keep growing.

This is a good conversation to have. We should keep the conversation going. Let's not forget we're all here under one banner.....the Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
The thing is that the Club is not exactly a Hellcat Club its Hellcat.org Club, exclusive to owners of Hellcats and excluding 392 owners which are part of Hellcat.org so there are some conflicts here.
You bring up an excellent point here. You're right, under the Hellcat.org 'banner' we do have members with 392's so is it fair to exclude them? On the other hand, its a site dedicated to the Hellcat brand. Worthy of discussion indeed....

great point Akula

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
I just want to know what the $100 is for. I can easily afford the fee, but it just felt like it was a money grab so the first impression left a bad taste in my mouth.... But I'm not too stubborn to have my opinion changed and that is a great first step in allowing discussion on changing the logo.
Shirts, embroidery, shipping, entrance into the club, CC site features. I understand all these things aren't earth shattering, but it is a way to attract the more 'serious' members. The group we have now are pretty passionate and motivated.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
Resume Speed has a dam pay pal account Solicting forum members like a street corner hustler. I don't need him to chase a vin# I think that is BS. He should not be allowed to make a DAM PROFIT off this forum. Vendors pay a fee to sell why is he allowed to collect money

WT
Lets stay on topic. RS is a tremendous asset to the community. He does all this work on his free time. He deserves it.

BACK ON TOPIC

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
Ok can we get an answer as to the purpose of having a hellcat club?
Is the purpose to make money for this site Hellcat.org, or is it designed to be for all Hellcat owners?
Don't misunderstand me I think it is a good thing for HC.org to make money and I have no problem hosting the club here on this site, but perhaps having the club administered from a "for profit" perspective will hinder us in making it available to all. Might be why the HC logo can't be used without paying a hefty licensing fee...

Perhaps HC.org can just host the "club" and make their money selling HC stuff to the members. Or maybe I am wrong and the site really is doing this without expecting a monetary reward for it.

And could someone ask CK his thoughts on this? I think he is still ignoring me. :rolleyes:
The purpose is NOT to make money for the site. The purpose of the club is like any other club (Motorcycle, Fishing, Car, etc) What states and regions set up is their business. No money will be sent back to HC.org, no financial decisions will be made by HC.org. If you wanted to start a local chapter in Columbia, SC and set up monthly dues thats entirely your business. HC.org will NOT have our hands in your pockets. Once you are part of the club you're free to do as you please so to speak. You can set up trips to Disney Land if you'd like.

So to answer your question, no we are not expecting any monetary rewards. Your local/state/regional chapters are yours, we will have NOTHING to do with it. We don't even sell extra shirts. That will be handled by a third party and we will not benefit one cent.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
One more thing MBK, we'd like to support you with your events as well. Lets say your organizing an event somewhere. We'll promote that event via our social media channels and help get the word out.

All our tools will be available to you. We can send out an email blast of all the CC events around the country that month as well. HC.org will be at your disposal free of charge

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
That sounds awesome. I wish I had had that understanding earlier on. So what would be the next step in your opinion to bring us together in one cohesive group?
I think the first step would be to realize that we're all on the same team here. It's not Us vs Them. Thats not what anyone wants....certainly I don't and I know quite few others who'd agree.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
OMG please how many other clubs out there use the Mopar logo or the Chevy logo etc....etc. You are being paranoid about using the hellcat logo. It will be supporting their product not hurting it. The emblem I purchased for my cat was not a Mopar licensed logo yet I still got. They are still in business. Same with the parking sign I got.
Yeah well we respect their IP....never going to happen.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
I like the idea and just wanted to get some clarification on the borders of this club. Is this club a global, a continent, or national organization? Depending geographical area this should be reflected in the name. Worldwide Hellcat Club, North American Hellcat Club, or Hellcat Club of America just for example. How far will this clubs membership extend? Also there should at least be some basic (common sense) bylaws as a foundation all car guys can rally around. This creates at least a foundation for local chapters to springboard off of to get the ball rolling. Just my random thoughts.
World Wide. We only have a few members in Germany and the EU right now. How far will the membership extend? If anyone is living out in the far reaches of the universe and bought a Hellcat, they are more than welcome to join us :)

We do have bylaws in place and they are displayed in the CC forum. Great suggestions by the way and yes they are in place. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.

1 - 13 of 14 Posts