SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
I'm not going to quote anyone here. The idea is an organization to foster camaraderie, technical information, events, and any other assorted information in a single location. If we can find a way to put all of our poop in one pile, I can see this becoming a serious organization, much like the BMWCCA. Laugh if you will, but over 40 years ago, a group of like minded individuals who loved a small German sport sedan, banded together and formed a club that includes all variants of BMW, from motorcycles to M series, to antiques, to hybrids. BMWCCA has a connection to BMW NA, and their National Events bring BMW executives from around the world. They have car raffles every year, and this year will be giving away 10 new BMWs. Not saying FCA would be that generous, but if we get this right, we could do some great things, including organized charity runs. I think BMWCCA is a great model to try to emulate, including incorporating as whatever group we want to be called, and soliciting FCA participation. We have a significant portion of the Hellcat community on board now, and there is no reason we could not have subsections for 392s, Dart SRTs, SRT GCs, or any FCA product. Be honest,some folks are die hard MoPar loyalists who can't afford a Hellcat until it is 10 years old, but if you know and include them, they would open their garage to a club member who needed help at 2am. Thanks for reading. Let's try not to waste a good thing here. Semper MoPar, MoPar Paratus

( FYI, BMWCCA charges $35/yr, and that includes a glossy, monthly magazine, and a rebate coupon when you purchase a new car. The rebate comes from BMW, not the dealer. BMWCCA members get at least 10% off on parts at any BMW dealer. )

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
I say all black leather vests, and then "Hellions" on the back with a hellcat face under it. Then, everybody who doesn't know about Hellcats will assume it's some rough and tumble biker gang, and will be surprised when the person hops into a car instead of hopping on a Harley!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
This is why in my statement I said.......consolidate and all of us petition FCA to use the logo.

in 68 they used the "roadrunner" name without authorization

"Scat Pack" is still an issue from the 60's

I used the cat logo in my Avatar...I will not be sued for its use.

It is similar to using the "hellcat" in the website. Do you think Northrup/Grumman will go after FCA for the use of "hellcat"?

this is a grain of sand, lets build our beach.
FYI, the image was Warner bros property. The name wasn't.
Too bad you can't come up with a "Sons of Anarchy" theme. Sons of HellCatery doesn't have the right ring.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
And they did license the Road Runner and Wiley Coyote from WB. It was a big idea to capture the anticipated audience of buyers with something they would relate to..... Remember the big cardboard Road Runner characters in the dealerships ? All had WB and copyright logos.......... Of course, I may just be too old.

Reactions: BeeHappy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Just remember all of the locations Ralph Gilles and Tim Kuniskis attended, like Chryslers at Carlisle. We get a gathering of several hundred collaborative, motivated for success members, I would wager they would attend "Hellcats in Hell" (that's Hell, Michigan, where it does freeze over)......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
853 Posts
Too bad you can't come up with a "Sons of Anarchy" theme. Sons of HellCatery doesn't have the right ring.
annnnd...our MoPar (<------ proper) knowledge being tested....
egggg--zactly... that is why we have the 68 with a black and white RR reflective logo and did not "resemble";)wink;) the actual WB RR........the actual licensed product color and all in 69...JS;);)

love me some MoPar fans

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
231 Posts
I like the idea and just wanted to get some clarification on the borders of this club. Is this club a global, a continent, or national organization? Depending geographical area this should be reflected in the name. Worldwide Hellcat Club, North American Hellcat Club, or Hellcat Club of America just for example. How far will this clubs membership extend? Also there should at least be some basic (common sense) bylaws as a foundation all car guys can rally around. This creates at least a foundation for local chapters to springboard off of to get the ball rolling. Just my random thoughts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,320 Posts
I like the idea and just wanted to get some clarification on the borders of this club. Is this club a global, a continent, or national organization? Depending geographical area this should be reflected in the name. Worldwide Hellcat Club, North American Hellcat Club, or Hellcat Club of America just for example. How far will this clubs membership extend? Also there should at least be some basic (common sense) bylaws as a foundation all car guys can rally around. This creates at least a foundation for local chapters to springboard off of to get the ball rolling. Just my random thoughts.
World Wide. We only have a few members in Germany and the EU right now. How far will the membership extend? If anyone is living out in the far reaches of the universe and bought a Hellcat, they are more than welcome to join us :)

We do have bylaws in place and they are displayed in the CC forum. Great suggestions by the way and yes they are in place. Thanks for the input, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,898 Posts
This is why in my statement I said.......consolidate and all of us petition FCA to use the logo.

in 68 they used the "roadrunner" name without authorization

"Scat Pack" is still an issue from the 60's

I used the cat logo in my Avatar...I will not be sued for its use.

It is similar to using the "hellcat" in the website. Do you think Northrup/Grumman will go after FCA for the use of "hellcat"?

this is a grain of sand, lets build our beach.
Bingo! They aren't going to do shit. They have better things to do and bigger fish to fry than a group promoting their product in a good way. I was just pointing out that it's the obvious choice for a logo and if this site has been running with no cease and desist letter nor any of the vendors for selling un-licenced products then you are good to go.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
616 Posts
And they did license the Road Runner and Wiley Coyote from WB. It was a big idea to capture the anticipated audience of buyers with something they would relate to..... Remember the big cardboard Road Runner characters in the dealerships ? All had WB and copyright logos.......... Of course, I may just be too old.
Cool story on this topic: [WIKI]Jack Smith and the Plymouth Road Runner[/WIKI]

·
Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.
Challenger SRT Hellcat
649 Posts
Stuffed toy Plush Toy Teddy bear Textile
These are in my office. I 'll never grow up. They're original Warner Bros. Next to my Matchbox cars, and small RC stuff. :D

Reactions: purnrg

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
69 Posts
I'm late to this thread as usual but after reading this thread from start to finish I'm left wondering did this idea of a national Hellcat club idea ever go anywhere? If so, does it still exist, and is it still possible to become a member? If so then I'd be happy to join up with all y'all!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts