SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just took my 2017 Charger Hellcat to the dealer so they can replace the leather on the driver seat and they did a recall where they replaced the Catalytic converters and flashed my car. Now the car is making a woosh noise when I shut it off. It comes from the intake, feels like air rushing back out through it. It has never done this before! The car has a bwoody intake and deleted mid mufflers, it has never been tuned before. I have checked out the intake, its firmly secured. Help me out, this is driving me crazy. Here is the video.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
Yup. Ask @Trucker Bob heard his do it today. From what he said Dodge engineers are working on it. Sounds like blow back through the TB.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds to me like the throttle blade shutting too rapidly and not letting excess pressure dispel slowly.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just took my 2017 Charger Hellcat to the dealer so they can replace the leather on the driver seat and they did a recall where they replaced the Catalytic converters and flashed my car. Now the car is making a woosh noise when I shut it off. It comes from the intake, feels like air rushing back out through it. It has never done this before! The car has a bwoody intake and deleted mid mufflers, it has never been tuned before. I have checked out the intake, its firmly secured. Help me out, this is driving me crazy. Here is the video.

Do the same thing but take a look at the throttle blade when you shut it down. (Will have to pull the intake out of the way obviously).

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
221 Posts
Hello everyone,

Are you planning on going back to the dealership? If you'd like us to look into this further, please feel free to send us a PM.

Kaitlin
Dodge Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,

Hello everyone,

We’re you ever able to fix it ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We’re you ever able to fix it ???
No, the dealer is supposed to call me when dodge figures out their tune problem. Im constantly looking at this forum to see if anyone has any news. Truckerbob already has a post with like 9 pages of people with problems that got this recall done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, the dealer is supposed to call me when dodge figures out their tune problem. Im constantly looking at this forum to see if anyone has any news. Truckerbob already has a post with like 9 pages of people with problems that got this recall done.
Text me bro 3236398245

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,021 Posts
Recall for Cat converter?

·
Registered
In The Market
59 Posts
Hello everyone,

Wtf??? I know it's not what you want to hear but I did want you to know I'm also stumped! It seems loud enough that if you take your time everytime you shut it off you maybe able to close in on it because that s..t is loud. Try swapping back to the stock intake if that sound can be clearly traced to that area.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
421 Posts
Curious . The car did not do this before you had taken it to the dealer.So if the dealer did cat replacement and a flash update what was in that update? Has to be the reason

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,021 Posts
They have it fixed the recall is back on letters will be sent next week. That's what I got from Dodge Cares.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,021 Posts
Don't let them touch your car. If it's not broke don't fix it. Wait it out for awhile.
And if you do ,don't bitc% if it's phucked up. Just saying Bro.
Start learning from A old man's mistakes. Read all of the threads Bro. Don't want you to get triggered. busting your balls.
TB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts