SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'22 NB Challenger HC (on order)
28 Posts
Hey everyone,

Been following along on this thread pre-order, and now as I wait for my order to process. Thought I would share the data points from my end.

Car is a 2022 normal body Challenger Hellcat with the HK Audio, Plus Package, Technology Group, and Driver Convenience Group.

Ordered 4/30/22
VON Received 4/30/22 (before leaving the dealership)
VIN Received 5/3/22
D1 Status 5/4/22

Estimated Ship Data has been provided as 6/3/22.

It seems rather optimistic to have a 1 month turnaround from order to shipping, so I am preparing for future delays!

Font Rectangle Circle Brand Number
Head Smile Rectangle Font Circle

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's exactly what it seems like. Feel like there was a group of challengers that went through and now looks like chargers are going through. Also some have said the site isn't accurate and could be behind.
This makes sense to me. My NB Challenger has been in D1 since May 2nd - nearly 2 months now.

Initial shipping ETA was 6/3, now moved to 6/10 last I checked - and still not in production according to chat / SRT hotline / online tracker.

Hopefully mine is going to be in the next batch of Challengers that go through.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just checked today and lo-and-behold she's in production. 🤩
Interesting - I have the same body and paint options (except the SRT Matte Aluminum Vapor wheels), ordered a few days before and was scheduled on May 2, still in D1!

Wondering if the wheels or potentially other options are causing delays. Did you get the blind spot + adaptive cruise package? Wondering if there's a shortage of the sensors for those systems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got an update from my dealer - I'm in production! F status to be specific.

Timeline:

4/30/22 - Order placed and confirmed
5/2/22 - Scheduled, D1 Status, Shipping ETA of 6/10
6/30/22 - Started Production
7/1/22 - F Status, Shipping ETA of 7/12, Delivery ETA of 8/16

Three days from BA to D1, 60 days from D1 to F.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got the Driver Convenience Group (Blind Spot) which automatically includes the Plus Package. I did not get the Technology Group (Adaptive Cruise Control, etc.). I'm thinking you are correct...wheels or sensors or both. Then again, I am slowly coming to the realization that it's a total lottery as far as which vehicles get built next.
Lottery indeed, mine went into production the day I posted that question, just hadn't showed up on the tracker yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Build sheet popped up! According to the dealer, the vehicle is now in "I" status, pending inspection.
Tracker still hasn't updated, not sure if it's delayed or if inspection is taking a while.

Timeline so far:
4/30 - Order Placed, BX Status (Available for schedule)
5/02 - Scheduled, D1 Status (Gateline Scheduled)
6/30 - In Production, F Status (Paint)
7/12 - In Production, I Status (Built, Not OK'd)

Current delivery ETA is 8/17, but we'll see.

Not sure how long to expect between build sheet and the window sticker popping up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Window sticker is up today! Going to contact the dealer in a week or two to get an update on shipping status.
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Tracker is showing it as "built".
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Magenta

Timeline so far:
7/12 - Built, KZ Status (Invoiced to Dealer, Window Sticker Available)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've noticed some odd behavior on the tracker.

Production started on 6/29, with a given Delivery ETA of 8/16. This changed to 8/17 during the build process.

On 7/12, the vehicle moved to "Built" on the tracker, and the Delivery ETA changed to TBD.

I was told to expect the ETA to be listed as "TBD" until the tracker showed the vehicle as shipped.

However, while the tracker still just says "Built", a new Delivery ETA of 8/9 has showed up.

Should I be taking any stock in this new, second ETA?

Edit: Never mind, status changed to shipped today.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For sure! Looks like you got the Matte Vapor SRT wheels. I thought long and hard about it but decided to get the standard ones since I plan to swap out for wider wheels in back so I could go with 305 tires. I also got the HK sound system, Driver Convenience Group, and Plus Package. I am located in south Texas so pretty much as far away from Canada as you can get lol. What options did you get if I may ask?
Sure!

I wanted the plain Gloss Black wheels, but my dealer showed me that on his system, he could only order a car with one of the three upgraded wheel options! I also plan to upgrade to wider wheels at some point for 305s, but I will probably go with black 5-spoke OEM repros in 10.5.

Aside from those, I also got:
  • Demonic Red Seat Belts
  • HK Sound
  • Driver Convenience
  • Plus Package
  • Technology Group
I'm in Northern California, so my car might be making an even farther journey from Brampton!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Once shipped it should take about 3 weeks. Mine took 18 days. I’m in Southern California
The ETA they gave me is 8/9, which is 25 days from date of shipment (7/15). Hoping it beats that time!

Mine's going to Northern California. Probably a slightly different route but reasonably similar in distance. 18 days would be great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sound awesome and yeah, looks like you're a bit further away. Sounds kinda fishy about not being able to order in the stock wheels, though. Just my two cents. Either way she's gonna be a beauty!
I thought it was fishy too until he turned his iPad around and showed me. Sure enough, a selection was required and the only options were the 3 upgraded wheels!

Honestly since I plan on changing the wheels out I didn't really care. Either I'll put all seasons (Michelin PS AS4) on the stock wheels for "winter" (our winters rarely go below 40, but they do once in a while) and something real sticky on the new set I get, or I'll sell the stock wheels when I get new ones!

But most importantly, my dealer called today to say he's expecting the car to be here around August 5th!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Called my dealer earlier in the week, the car is at the rail yard 15 minutes from the dealership as of 7/29. Dodge's ETA for delivery to dealer is 8/9, dealer's own estimate is 8/5.

The wait right now is almost as bad as it felt when I was checking every day to see if production started yet.

Hoping I can pick up by Saturday evening so I can get a day of driving on the weekend!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So my HC is sitting 5 hours away waiting to get on a truck since Saturday. The struggle is real lol
Mine's 15 minutes from the dealer, going to be a week of waiting tomorrow!

Although as of this morning the tracking site updated the estimated delivery date from 8/9 to 8/5 so I am quietly hoping I'm going to get a call tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Car was delivered to the dealer earlier today around 10 AM! Pickup is scheduled for tomorrow morning!

The tracking site hasn't updated yet, but here's my full timeline:

7/12 - Built, KZ Status (Invoiced to Dealer, Window Sticker Available)
7/15 - Shipped, departed Brampton plant
7/27 - Car was in Salt Lake, Utah (dealer update)
7/28 - Car was in Nevada (dealer update)
7/29 - Car was in Northern California at destination rail yard
8/04 - Car was loaded on a truck at rail yard
8/05 - Car was delivered to dealer (15 min from rail yard)
8/06 - Pickup scheduled!

Total time from order placed to car delivered is 98 days, or 3 months, 1 week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats man! and Go Niners.

I have been waiting for my SS for 161 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!! Wondering what you options list is?

JM
Thanks! I'm worried about Lance but hopefully we can get some good games in this year and he can get some good experience.

My option list:
  • Granite Pearl Coat paint
  • Plus Package
  • Demonic Red Seat Belts
  • Harman Kardon Audio System
  • Driver Convenience Group
  • Technology Group
  • 20x9.5 Matte Vapor SRT Alum Wheels
I was in D1 for a while, so I did call the SRT chat a few times to open a case with regards to time spent waiting - not sure if that resulted in anything being sped up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts