SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
My car was built as of yesterday. Such a fast turnaround! Can't wait to drive it, been feeling empty without my RE lately
Heck yea!! That gives me hope that my May 26 order, May 27th scheduled will actually be built soon. Mine is also a standard width hellcat redeye, which for whatever reason thus far seem to be being built faster than many others. Is it showing up in the order tracker as built, in the build sheet, or is that just from your dealer?

Attachments

Registered
View attachment 597228 Wasn't showing on the tracker, but I used the dodge chat and they said it was built, just waiting on a delivery estimate. Now I tried again and the tracker updated 馃檹馃徑.
Awesome! I assume you had been refreshing it regularly, like the rest of us, lol. Looks like finished 06/20, showed that 06/21. Did it show In Production prior to today, or did the tracker just skip straight from Scheduled to today鈥檚 update?

Registered
Lol yes. I've been refreshing that tracker about 10 times a day, every day, since I discovered it. Yeah I actually got updated on 6/15 that it was in production and the tracker said 6/13 was when it actually started to be built. I hope to get an updated delivery estimate soon! I wonder if July will have better incentives 馃
Hahaha!! I hear you, between the tracker and the build sheet page, I might single handedly be wearing out their servers. Lol! Thanks for the info!

Registered
Hey what鈥檚 up everyone. I鈥檓 pretty new on the waiting list for the hellcat. I鈥檝e ordered mine 3 weeks ago and was told it could take up to 3 months. Just curious to see what you guys were experiencing in wait times.
I ordered a standard width HCRE Challenger on 05/26, it was scheduled 05/27 with a 06/24 ship date. Haven鈥檛 heard anything since, but from what I can tell, its not built. Seems like the Chargers take the longest, along with the Widebody Challengers, while standard width Challengers the least, but generally 2-7 months is the crazy range. Some seem to fly through the entire process, while some seem to take forever to either be scheduled, built, and/or shipped.

Registered
I was told it would be a 3 month wait but I would think I would have an update on a vin or something (I didn鈥檛 even know there was a tracking website we could check) how can I make sure that my car is 鈥渋n the process鈥 of being made?
I would reach out to your dealer and ask for the VON (Vehicle Order Number) and then you can track it here: Dodge Vehicle Order Tracking . I believe you should have a VIN once it is 鈥淎ccepted*鈥 to be built. Once you get a VIN and it is built, you can see the buildsheet and then window sticker here: Infotainment | Vin Decoder. Seems like the online tracker is a little finicky, and it takes a few days after being built to show up on the build sheet page. Once your window sticker is there, it is ready to be shipped. After that it is pretty much only your dealer that has any idea where it is in the process.

Registered
If I had to guess I'm sure I'm going to get stuck in the shipping process as well, but at least we know it's built? lol
I think that along the way we have that next check point that we think will make us feel better. Like, once it goes from 鈥淥rdered鈥 to 鈥淪cheduled鈥 I鈥檒l feel better, but then we only feel better for a day. Then we think, once its 鈥淏uilt鈥, we鈥檒l feel better (where I am now), but I assume that will only last a day until I am annoyed it hasn鈥檛 shipped. Haha.

Registered
View attachment 597894

Just checked today and lo-and-behold she's in production. 馃ぉ
Side note- I DID NOT receive a text update even though I enrolled in that as soon as it was ordered. Just food for thought, everyone.
That鈥檚 awesome! I鈥檓 starting to think getting your car built is like a lottery. If your number comes up, it gets built, otherwise you wait. Haha. While my order date was well after yours, my scheduled date is before, with nothing happening, and then of course you have the people somehow waiting since Dec. 21.

Registered
I was at my dealership today getting my trade in appraised vs the CarMax price and of course the place is empty. I was talking to the owner and my sales guy a bit and the owner said he asked the driver of their last delivery what the deal was since he noticed more delivery's of chargers and challengers than other models and he knows there are lots full of SUVs, jeeps etc. Driver said no one wants to deliver those because with the new contract there are extra incentives for drivers to get the Chargers and Challengers delivered.

Also...I was asking them about why some people might have been waiting since December and others like me are already built and I ordered in April. He said they still go by allocation to dealers even if it's an order. So if a dealership had allocation for 3 charger hellcats maybe they got 3 in sold one but still have two sitting on the lot other dealership orders are going to be filled before that 4th order is filled or the dealer sells their other two allocations. If it's a dealership that normally sells a lot though allocation doesn't really matter and they will keep building orders as long as they keep selling them and don't have any sitting.
Being that I was planning to also compare Carmax to dealer, would you mind telling us how the Carmax and trade in offers compared to KBB trade? Not asking of course for your numbers, just differences between the 3 if possible. Thanks!

Registered
Yep, I have a 2020 Kia Stinger GT Carmax was offering 36k and the dealership offered me 34k. if you sell it straight to carmax you're going to get hit on taxes for selling it but if you trade it in you are exempt from having to pay tax for selling it(i'm sure almost everyone knows that though) so that pretty much comes out to even, actually a bit better assuming you claim it and pay what you should in tax lol.
/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info! Not to get too far off topic for this thread, but after reading this message about taxes paid for selling a car I did some research as I had never heard of that. I assume you are talking Captial Gains Tax, but you only pay that if you make a profit on your sale between what you originally paid and are getting for it now, ie, you paid $50k in 2020 and they gave you $52k in 2022. You don鈥檛 pay taxes when you take a loss like 99% of folks do by selling a used car they bought new. Selling a car for more than you currently owe is not typically selling for profit, because you鈥檝e already made a bunch of payments.

Registered
So, the latest update I have from the dealership is that the car is in KZP status which equates to 鈥淚n Transit-Arrived at Body Vendor鈥 I don鈥檛 know what that means, since the car was built and done. I was checking Autotrader for what鈥檚 out there in the market and I came across my car listed by Koons, granted they have an avatar pic. The question is, do dealership(s) typically list cars they have ordered for costumers as a marketing tool? Or is there something going on? Although, I haven鈥檛 heard of Koons do any of their costumers wrong鈥our input is appreciated!
Yes, I鈥檝e seen that mentioned a few times on other threads. Seems like they list them automatically to generate interest. Nothing to worry about.

Registered
Ordered on may 9th and still no update 馃ゲ
That sucks! My journey thus far is:

May 26th - Ordered
May 27th - Scheduled
May 31st - Dealer said June 24th ship date
July 1st - Dealer said July 19th ship date

Online tracker still just showing 鈥淪cheduled鈥, but now that Brampton is closed for the next 9 days, I assume no one who isn鈥檛 already built and shipped will see any movement til mid month.

Registered
This probably doesnt pertain to you very well but to at least give some insight to shipping delays...

I am in Western NY, just over 100 miles from Brampton. I got lucky and someone backed out of an incoming HCWB while mine was still in D status. It was built 6/07, sticker uploaded 6/09 and as of yesterday its still in KZ Delay. Mine goes by truck to Niagara Falls and a short drive to the dealer from there.

Dealer is guessing 2 more weeks but who knows! Its so close I am getting antsy
I鈥檓 guessing that with Brampton closed this week, if it wasn鈥檛 already in the U.S. at the end of last week, it won鈥檛 have a chance to move again until Monday the 11th. I鈥檓 hoping this week off will have allowed the U.S. side a little chance to move some things so that the rest of summer might be a touch better鈥..

Registered
I knew about the shut down, but didnt think that would delay a truck getting in there to pick up the finished cars. Maybe I am wrong !

The dealer I ordered from is the biggest in NY so they do have priority with incoming cars, and the transport company told them its a crap shoot. Fingers crossed I get the car before August
Hopefully it won鈥檛, I was just assuming that with them being closed, any vehicle sitting on their lot wasn鈥檛 going to move during the shut down, but I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts