SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
That was the reason I specifically asked Craig at Koons in an email after I placed my order, whether my price was locked in at the exact amount I signed my purchase order for, and what happens if the factory raises the price between the date of the order and the date of delivery. He responded with the right answer: "Once I have a signed invoice, buyers order and the order is placed, the price is locked in. We price protect all orders once we have everything we require. So yes you are indeed priced protected."
That should be the response from every dealer that placed an order. They should not be charging a higher price because the increased now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Sometimes you have to play the cross examination game. It has worked for me more than half the times I've called and gotten someone who didn't want to give out the status code.

Standard interrogation version) What is the current status code of my car? "We arent allowed to give that out, Sir."

Improved interrogation version) The last time I checked, my car was in D1 status, Has it progressed since then? "Yes Sir it's in the next status category with an estimated ship date of 3/30/22"

It has also worked just as well by giving them the wrong code (further along in the process) and they have corrected me with the right code. :cool:
Hahaha!! Love it! I actually did the same thing. She wouldn't provide the status code, stating that my vehicle is currently "scheduled for production". I asked, "Well, is that D or D1?" She said, "the first one"!! Haha! OK, got it.....

But, why can't the give out the code? Is it some secret?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
FYI - Looks like tracking system is still down. From Dodge cares this morning:
Greetings again, Paul!

We understand how exciting yet frustrating it can be waiting for updates regarding your vehicle order but know that our team is here to help alleviate some of your concerns. However, as of recently we are unable to check the status of your order due to some technical difficulties regarding the tools we use. But rest assured, both Dodge and the Stellantis team are looking to remedy this quickly! We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time and will be sure to share once we are able to check order statuses once again!

Hannah
Dodge Cares
Thanks for the update. I was going to check my status this morning, but I'll wait until later in the week. Probably still at "D" anyways! 😕

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Awesome bro!!! Beautifu! I am happy to report that although the system still has me as D... apparently SRT was able to check another system? They were able to confirm my vehicle was way past D1, and in the build stage!! Congrats again, can't imagine that feeling!!
So where did you go to get the status update from SRT?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
Guess at some point they took it back over. I remember in early Hellcat days it was widely posted that the black hoods came in to Brampton already painted but maybe there was an issue with that.

The T/A it was known was one car that definitely got the black hood done at the Upfitter, maybe because of all the other stuff they had to do anyway, don't know, and plus, it's a different Upfitter.

T/A caravan to Windsor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OK - please explain this one for me! Did workers drive new T/A's to the Upfitter (I guess in Windsor?). Why wouldn't they transport the cars?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
250 Posts
My journey has been good so far…. Almost too good…. So I’m Waiting for the wheels to fall off so to speak and it to get stuck in a bottle neck at some point. Hoping not, but prepared for that.

My build was a simple NB Redeye with plus package/convenience group.

4-19-22 Ordered
4-25-22 VIN assigned in D status
5-5-22 D1 status estimated ship date 5-16
5-12-22 D1 status estimated ship date 5-24
5-19-22 D1 status estimated ship date 5-27
5-25-22 it was in production according to the online tracker.
5-31-22 JS status…. Build sheet populates online…. so it’s built….

Now just waiting for the 10-180 day wait for it to get shipped to the dealer.

Hoping to have it by the 4th of July. Time will tell!
Man, that's some crazy good dates!! I ordered on 3/31, had VIN/VON on 4/02. But, I only went to D1 on May 19th. Per the new tracker, I don't have a ship date. But, Dan Cummins said my build date is scheduled for 7/11.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts