SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
7441 - 7460 of 8942 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
@Slidd yea, and let me be clear, it is my assumption it didnt go to upfitter based on the timeline of my build/build sheet/window stick right. Unless it was just moving through at a blistering pace. Also, Chat confirmed, for whatever the hell thats worth, that the hood is brampton and full satin package is upfitter.
Guess at some point they took it back over. I remember in early Hellcat days it was widely posted that the black hoods came in to Brampton already painted but maybe there was an issue with that.

The T/A it was known was one car that definitely got the black hood done at the Upfitter, maybe because of all the other stuff they had to do anyway, don't know, and plus, it's a different Upfitter.

T/A caravan to Windsor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
I felt that comment! I feel the same with the dealership I have. Are you still waiting on your order too? I feel like there are only a few of us Dec/Jan orders still waiting… has yours been built at least?
I felt that comment! I feel the same with the dealership I have. Are you still waiting on your order too? I feel like there are only a few of us Dec/Jan orders still waiting… has yours been built at least?
Unfortunately yes I am still waiting...however...after speaking with FCA I was informed it was actually way past D1...even though one of their systems still said D...only took about 5 months lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
281 Posts
Guess at some point they took it back over. I remember in early Hellcat days it was widely posted that the black hoods came in to Brampton already painted but maybe there was an issue with that.

The T/A it was known was one car that definitely got the black hood done at the Upfitter, maybe because of all the other stuff they had to do anyway, don't know, and plus, it's a different Upfitter.

T/A caravan to Windsor.

OK - please explain this one for me! Did workers drive new T/A's to the Upfitter (I guess in Windsor?). Why wouldn't they transport the cars?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
OK - please explain this one for me! Did workers drive new T/A's to the Upfitter (I guess in Windsor?). Why wouldn't they transport the cars?
They go by truck to the holding lot and then they drive them the short distance to the Upfitter.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,895 Posts
Do you know how many miles it is to the upfitter? Is it just one upfitter/location? I am still trying to equate the miles that was on mine?
Hellcat Upfitter is different, this Upfitter for T/A is Ground Effects Ltd and think just a couple miles at most.

Thought Hellcat Upfitter was in Michigan?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unfortunately yes I am still waiting...however...after speaking with FCA I was informed it was actually way past D1...even though one of their systems still said D...only took about 5 months lol
What do you mean after speaking to FCA? Who are you referring to? I may be in a similar situation...

Ordered 2/16 and have been in D for 8 weeks now, however on Saturday I called the SRT line and was randomly told my car is "in production right now" and I asked them to verify that it is BEING BUILT and not waiting to be scheduled and was verified that yes it is being built as we speak.

Annnnd then on this Monday I check again and someone else tells me im in D status...

Someone is obviously horrendously wrong here, but considering even the Dodge tracker says there's no information available I'm assuming the person at SRT working the phones over the weekend must have been on numerous illicit substances and just didn't know wtf was going on....but I would like to know regardless

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts
That's the beauty of communicating with customer service instead of the dealer. You can never predict what nonsense they'll come up with.
For those with time on their hands, it can be a fun game. Or just frustrating.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That's the beauty of communicating with customer service instead of the dealer. You can never predict what nonsense they'll come up with.
For those with time on their hands, it can be a fun game. Or just frustrating.
Even better is that since my order is technically a company car order, my dealership flat out said they will not contact me with updates until it is being shipped... Dodge's customer service is unparalleled from top to bottom!

looks like im stuck with the clown show until i get the keys in my hand i suppose.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,469 Posts
Yeah, well, waiting for the dealer to call and say that the car is in is an option, but not many seems to use that one.

Actually, I don't either. I prefer that they call about two days before, so I can get the tow vehicle and trailer ready for the 450-mile trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What do you mean after speaking to FCA? Who are you referring to? I may be in a similar situation...

Ordered 2/16 and have been in D for 8 weeks now, however on Saturday I called the SRT line and was randomly told my car is "in production right now" and I asked them to verify that it is BEING BUILT and not waiting to be scheduled and was verified that yes it is being built as we speak.

Annnnd then on this Monday I check again and someone else tells me im in D status...

Someone is obviously horrendously wrong here, but considering even the Dodge tracker says there's no information available I'm assuming the person at SRT working the phones over the weekend must have been on numerous illicit substances and just didn't know wtf was going on....but I would like to know regardless
The last guy I spoke with at FCA, his name was Mohammed, cool dude, one of those rare reps that actually want to help, was on the phone with me for about an hour just trying to figure out what the hell was going on with my build...some 1992 Dodge was listed under my VIN, so obviously something was really wrong lol...they eventually found it and said that some..."grand ambassador" (that's what he called them, no exaggerating) lol, would call me, and that they knew much more than any reps would...he said they would call in 1-2 days...it's been 4 lol. Decided to check the dodge chat...and it finally went to D1 in the system my dealer checks...and chat confirmed it's scheduled to be built LOL....when I was just told it was already in production...so I Don't Fn know lol

7441 - 7460 of 8942 Posts