SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
8101 - 8120 of 8504 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
66 Posts
Car supposed to be shipped 8-14-22 but was built and shipped in the same week. Must be lucky.
That is kind of incredible! Time between ordered and delivered is one thing, but production to delivered must be a record by weeks!!

My car has seemed decent to be in production around 7 weeks from ordered as well, but now its been “In Production” for 8 days….lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Next time, talk nicely to the people running the rail yard, so your car doesn't come off the train first and then end up parked in the back.
DodgeCares, or Dodge, aren't in the shipping business and really can't do much about your situation, much like that the railroad has no control over when and how your car is built.
Well I never talked negative to the railroad people. Ever. I’ve never even talked to them. Only spoke with the dealer.

And dodgecares says FCA official on the name. Meaning they do have a say. They pay for the shipping, they set it up, and if they really wanted they could tell the companies to prioritize custom ordered cars across the nation.

Correct me if I am wrong, but SOMEONE has a say in shipping. If you have never run a company, or been military, or anything of that nature, then I wouldn’t completely expect you to understand where I’m coming from, but you don’t put 100’s of thousands of dollars worth of cars on a train and then forget about them. Someone has to keep track of them. That’s a lot of money to release and just HOPE makes it to the destination.

Also sorry if it seems I’m coming off an ass, I’m just trying to apply common sense with business management, and it doesn’t make sense.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,386 Posts
If you have never run a company, or been military, or anything of that nature, then I wouldn’t completely expect you to understand where I’m coming from, but you don’t put 100’s of thousands of dollars worth of cars on a train and then forget about them. Someone has to keep track of them. That’s a lot of money to release and just HOPE makes it to the destination.
Nope, never been in the military.
But have bought enough vehicles in the past 10 years (especially FCA/Stellantis ones) that I do have a decent idea about how the system works, and what to expect.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I never talked negative to the railroad people. Ever. I’ve never even talked to them. Only spoke with the dealer.

And dodgecares says FCA official on the name. Meaning they do have a say. They pay for the shipping, they set it up, and if they really wanted they could tell the companies to prioritize custom ordered cars across the nation.

Correct me if I am wrong, but SOMEONE has a say in shipping. If you have never run a company, or been military, or anything of that nature, then I wouldn’t completely expect you to understand where I’m coming from, but you don’t put 100’s of thousands of dollars worth of cars on a train and then forget about them. Someone has to keep track of them. That’s a lot of money to release and just HOPE makes it to the destination.

Also sorry if it seems I’m coming off an ass, I’m just trying to apply common sense with business management, and it doesn’t make sense.
Dodge doesnt control the shipping. Nothing they can do. I'm in the same boat, been sitting for a month. This isn't on dodge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
More round than tall
757 Posts
Just here to vent again. Sorry guys. Some of you may have seen posts that my car is literally 50 miles north of me, and has been there for a couple weeks now, and my deliver date got pushed another couple weeks out.

If @DodgeCares really cared about customer satisfaction, custom orders would be put at priority for delivery after sitting at a rail yard this close to me over random non ordered dealer vehicles. It’s to the point I may just go get the gt500 down the road. My dealer literally has gotten like 50 cars from the same train that brought my car here this week. Meaning theoretically it should be soon. But who really knows.
Oh that is rich!!

@DodgeCares cannot even get you a hardcopy of the Hellcat manual supplement.They keep using the [totally] B.S. reason of how Dodge is going “green’ (whatever the B.S. means today).

you need to email the CEO of Dodge. ;)

·
Registered
More round than tall
757 Posts
Dodge doesnt control the shipping. Nothing they can do. I'm in the same boat, been sitting for a month. This isn't on dodge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is true.
My youngest brother works in CO with the Chrysler shipping.

Trust me when i say, you need to vent on unionized workers. If you’re there when the vehicle is first received and see all the warnings Dodge puts on the cars for the shippers, you’ll understand. A few years brother sent me pics. It was an eye opener.

ANY damage to the vehicle is the responsibility of the last shipper to touch it. (ie., if you’re the next shipper, you need to inspect all vehicles you’re loading and the previous shipper unloads)

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is true.
My youngest brother works in CO with the Chrysler shipping.

Trust me when i say, you need to vent on unionized workers. If you’re there when the vehicle is first received and see all the warnings Dodge puts on the cars for the shippers, you’ll understand. A few years brother sent me pics. It was an eye opener.

ANY damage to the vehicle is the responsibility of the last shipper to touch it. (ie., if you’re the next shipper, you need to inspect all vehicles you’re loading and the previous shipper unloads)
I mean to be fair, I think those warnings and policies are absolutely necessary because otherwise I can assure you the cars would be absolutely trashed with scratches and dings. Even with all the warnings and policies in place, I don't think I've ever taken delivery of a new car that wasn't damaged in transit....

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
66 Posts
Just wanted to see if I was the only lucky guy waiting for his hellcat. It been a little over 8 months and still in D1. Anybody else with my luck? All I see is builds being build between 3 to 6 months max. This experience has taught me to be patient thats for sure!!! 🥴 View attachment 599657
At least its Schedule now!!

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
546 Posts
Just wanted to see if I was the only lucky guy waiting for his hellcat. It been a little over 8 months and still in D1. Anybody else with my luck? All I see is builds being build between 3 to 6 months max. This experience has taught me to be patient thats for sure!!! 🥴 View attachment 599657
Wow. Feel bad for you man. That’s the same day I ordered mine. Redeye Charger from Koons. Got it March 25th. Be patient (easy for me to say 🙄). It’ll be worth it.

8101 - 8120 of 8504 Posts