SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
8501 - 8519 of 8519 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,692 Posts
Can maybe still hurry up and order a 2022 but little time left so no delay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just got a text from Cummins. My Go Mango NBRE has been shipped. So the timeline was:
Ordered on 8/22/22
Vin and D1 within a week
Estimated ship date: 9/15/22
Actual Ship Date: 9/26/22
To my question. Salesman is asking if I have any special instructions that I want passed along to the service dept. I do follow this forum so I have read some special requests. I am picky but not to the point of being hard to deal with or anal. Traveling in from out of state. Probably trailer in back to SC but not 100%. It's 377 miles and 6.5 hours. The route goes through Ashville NC, Pidgeon Forge Tenn, and Daniel Boone National Forest. Much of the ride is I-75 and quite a bit through the NC and Tenn mountains. Anyway, I have 4 items which are as follows:

Don't drill any license plate holes in the front bumper (they said they never do)
Supply an owners manual
Have the connections checked for the oil and transmission lines going to the coolers
Explain the features of the car to me - particularly anything to do with anti theft

I trust them to unwrap the car, have it cleaned, and do the initial test drive without me standing around. I will do a hard inspection of paint and panel fit when I arrive - I have a good eye in this dept. If I do end up driving the car I will tape it myself with some painters tape - I have seen them do it but would not ask - won't take me but 30 minutes.
Am I missing any no brainers? It's a cash deal and I don't plan to extend the warranty (fear of losing it when I install a diff. brace or something similar).
Thanks, would never in million years have this car coming without following the board.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just got a text from Cummins. My Go Mango NBRE has been shipped. So the timeline was:
Ordered on 8/22/22
Vin and D1 within a week
Estimated ship date: 9/15/22
Actual Ship Date: 9/26/22
To my question. Salesman is asking if I have any special instructions that I want passed along to the service dept. I do follow this forum so I have read some special requests. I am picky but not to the point of being hard to deal with or anal. Traveling in from out of state. Probably trailer in back to SC but not 100%. It's 377 miles and 6.5 hours. The route goes through Ashville NC, Pidgeon Forge Tenn, and Daniel Boone National Forest. Much of the ride is I-75 and quite a bit through the NC and Tenn mountains. Anyway, I have 4 items which are as follows:

Don't drill any license plate holes in the front bumper (they said they never do)
Supply an owners manual
Have the connections checked for the oil and transmission lines going to the coolers
Explain the features of the car to me - particularly anything to do with anti theft

I trust them to unwrap the car, have it cleaned, and do the initial test drive without me standing around. I will do a hard inspection of paint and panel fit when I arrive - I have a good eye in this dept. If I do end up driving the car I will tape it myself with some painters tape - I have seen them do it but would not ask - won't take me but 30 minutes.
Am I missing any no brainers? It's a cash deal and I don't plan to extend the warranty (fear of losing it when I install a diff. brace or something similar).
Thanks, would never in million years have this car coming without following the board.
My experience with DC was great! I think you’ve got it covered, just suggest two things:
  1. Make sure the supplemental performance manual is included, if not DC can order it for you and then have it shipped out to your home address
  2. Make sure that the front breaks air deflectors are supplied/installed, if not, again DC can order them and have them delivered to you
Other than that, enjoy your new toy!!!

Have a safe ride back home!

8501 - 8519 of 8519 Posts