SRT Hellcat Forum banner

581 - 600 of 776 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Charger Hellcat 2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye (coming soon)
63 Posts
That's crazy. I also ordered a regular Hellcat but on 2/15 and am still in D1.
No....here is CRAZY,- I ordered on 24 October, 2020. Three day AGO the car was moved to storage at the factory! I have no idea what does that mean, maybe anyone knows...
It is built, inspected and I still don't have it. Now, that is crazy!

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
143 Posts
No....here is CRAZY,- I ordered on 24 October, 2020. Three day AGO the car was moved to storage at the factory! I have no idea what does that mean, maybe anyone knows...
It is built, inspected and I still don't have it. Now, that is crazy!
I was told they go to storage while awaiting transport to the dealership

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think i got some action on my redeye charger i just got email thanking me on my recent vehicle service visit from SiruisXM...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just got my latest update on my 3/9 Challenger rewb order.
The car has finished inspection and is now "pending installation of additional equipment". I'm not sure what additional equipment would be, the only options I ordered were red leather seats (and the associated convenience package and what not), and the 3.09 rear end. I would have expected those things to be done during the initial build? Perhaps the wide body fenders are also "additional equipment". Just seems odd to me that they would have an "inspection" phase and then perform additional equipment installs afterwards.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just got my latest update on my 3/9 Challenger rewb order.
The car has finished inspection and is now "pending installation of additional equipment". I'm not sure what additional equipment would be, the only options I ordered were red leather seats (and the associated convenience package and what not), and the 3.09 rear end. I would have expected those things to be done during the initial build? Perhaps the wide body fenders are also "additional equipment". Just seems odd to me that they would have an "inspection" phase and then perform additional equipment installs afterwards.
Widebody flares and or vinyl striping is what causes this. Your car is shipped out of Brantford.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have stripes though, and from what I've read in these forums, the widebody flares are now also done "in house" at Brampton.

Edit: Hey CRKFIEND, did you mean Brampton? I read your post as if the “Brantford” you mentioned was the upfitter. I believe all cars getting hood pins and stripes go to the upfitters. Idk what the upfitters are called and thought perhaps you were calling the upfitters Brantford haha.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat Widebody Redeye
108 Posts
Where did this update come from?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where did this update come from?
My dealer, he texts me updates on Monday and Thursday mornings. I periodically check the Dodge chat as well but I've read that the chat is unreliable. Though it seems all sources are hit or miss.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My dealer, he texts me updates on Monday and Thursday mornings. I periodically check the Dodge chat as well but I've read that the chat is unreliable. Though it seems all sources are hit or miss.
Gotcha, I ordered a charger 3/8 and scheduled ship 5/12 mine hasn't done anything yet.

Reactions: Cast

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got an update this morning on mine. It is currently in paint. That makes sense for my ship date of 5/12. I ordered on 3/15. I am guessing i should have a build sheet show up sometime late in the week, maybe.

·
Registered
waiting on 2021 order
18 Posts
Got my update yesterday (4/30) that my order (Narrow HC Challenger) just entered D1.

Timeline thus far:

• 4/20 - Vehicle ordered, price/build agreed, poc and von come home.
  • 4/21 - VIN assigned, "D" status entered.
  • 4/30 - Notified that order is in "D1" status
Based on what I've seen here, it will be interesting how long it stays in D1.

That is interesting...I ordered on 4/19 - still no VIN for mine...something doesn't seem right.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its odd that we all get such varying levels of detail from our dealers. I would think the dealers all use the same system. My dealer has been essentially on point with the online dodge chat and vice versa. He's said there isn't a "ship date" just a general time frame of "mid to late may", and yet it seems most everyone else has at least estimated ship dates. My car finished the build over a week ago, sat in inspection for a week, now is in "additional equipment install" (I only ordered the red leather seats and 3.09 rear).
Clearly this is why some on the forums have said just close your eyes and not worry about it in regards to the wait for our cars 😆

·
Demon build date: 2/17/2018 #1531 - My Shy Girl
Challenger SRT Demon
537 Posts
Got an update this morning on mine. It is currently in paint. That makes sense for my ship date of 5/12. I ordered on 3/15. I am guessing i should have a build sheet show up sometime late in the week, maybe.
When does a build sheet show up - after completion?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine just entered production this morning, 3/8 order charger wb re

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat on order, Upgrading from Challenger R/T
19 Posts
That is interesting...I ordered on 4/19 - still no VIN for mine...something doesn't seem right.
I was surprised. Dealer called me up the next day with an assigned vin. I didn't order too many extras (no stripes, stock rear, no seat delete, no hood pins, narrow body, standard hood)

Assuming you've bugged your dealer?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,982 Posts

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 ·
Wow! Seems we've had alot of cars ordered within a month from each other. Things are really moving along now. Mine is finished and still sitting in a yard in Toledo Ohio waiting for a ride to dealer. (Ordered 2/9/21). Hopefully this week!

581 - 600 of 776 Posts