SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy sold his video to another source, and yes, sorry, I saw the video first thing this am and rushed to get the article up. Upon closer look, the spoiler gives it away. Sorry guys, you may delete this thread if you want to. my bad. :oops:

· Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
The guy sold his video to another source, and yes, sorry, I saw the video first thing this am and rushed to get the article up. Upon closer look, the spoiler gives it away. Sorry guys, you may delete this thread if you want to. my bad. :oops:
No issue, i still think it's cool as shit. Wreckless I know, but to say that isn't cool watching is lame imo

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,585 Posts
Several years ago I was on a jury where the police had arrested a woman at night for allegedly passing the patrol car speeding, weaving, etc - reckless driving charge.
They showed the video as proof. Even the most car clueless jurors could see it was not the same car they stopped. One set of taillights were horizontal, the other vertical. Yet the cop literally swore on the Bible that it was the same car and the video was proof. Took us about 30 seconds to reach a not guilty verdict. To bad we couldn't award the victim damages.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Several years ago I was on a jury where the police had arrested a woman for allegedly passing the patrol car speeding, weaving, etc - reckless driving charge.
They showed the video as proof. Even the most car clueless jurors could see it was not the same car they stopped. One set of taillights were horizontal, the other vertical. Yet the cop literally swore on the Bible that it was the same car and the video was proof. Took us about 30 seconds to reach a not guilty verdict. To bad we couldn't award the victim damages.
You can say that again. Oh wait, you did. LOL

Seriously, though, it is too bad you couldn't award her something right there and put the cop on desk duty.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
You can say that again. Oh wait, you did. LOL

Seriously, though, it is too bad you couldn't award her something right there and put the cop on desk duty.
Unfortunately, the jury in that trial couldn't make an award since she was the defendant in a false arrest case. If she had been smart (and how could someone just accept a false arrest and walk away) she would have (and probably did) sue the PD / City for the false arrest to recover damages (at the very least, her legal fees to defend herself). It seems that false arrests occur much more often than we realize. Is that the price we have to pay in order to get the truly bad guys out there? I guess most of us would probably agree that it is, but try to convince the one's who have been falsly charged that it's the way it should be.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
...and the ability to admit when you are wrong.
They leave that part out in training. To be fair not all the facts are out yet, so I'll reserve judgement but I won't be shocked if this story ends up mostly true.

Here is the Jalopnik report, where suddenly the police are interested in the video now that the media is involved...

Does This Video Prove That Police Arrested The Wrong Speeding Driver
Funny how that works huh, they seemed pretty indifferent until this started going viral. Our justice system has become less concerned about truth and more concerned with conviction. I think it shows you how they look at people, we're all just criminals who haven't been found out yet.

Reminds me of a funny clip from an old Star Wars/Cops parody...
"All suspects are guilty, period. Otherwise, they wouldn't be suspect would they?"
TROOPS - A Star Wars Fan Film - YouTube

Wow I haven't watched that in years, seeing it now is a little unnerving. When it was first made the joke was how over the top Storm Troopers would be if they were "cops". Here we are almost 20 years later and that's actually not far from how a lot of real life cops act now. o_O

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.