1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 Challenger Hellcat Redline
Roughly around only 7000 miles

Recently have been noticing paint chipping on both sides of the vehicle going back towards the doors,just behind the front wheels. I have had the factory mud flaps on since day one. Also finding these chips on my windshield.many of them

To rule out the obvious, the car is garage kept, never saw rain or snow, rarely driven only on weekends, I do not follow anyone too closely, I dont even let my girlfriend open the door. :D

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, possibly the paint is soft or not of quality.

-Jay

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,416 Posts
Glass on all newer vehicles seems to chip very easily. The windshields on our 09 & 10 Chrysler's and 11 GMC are more chipped up/sandblasted than the 40 year old car with 200K+ miles I drove.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
403 Posts
I am having issues with paint only on front bumper .... seems to chipping in multiple places all the way down to the black plastic .... perfect chips no scratches or damage to paint .... now there are about 8 small chips from rocks and what not from the track .... but its really pissin me off

·
Registered
Challenger Scat Pack F8
2,605 Posts
2015 Challenger Hellcat Redline
Roughly around only 7000 miles

Recently have been noticing paint chipping on both sides of the vehicle going back towards the doors,just behind the front wheels. I have had the factory mud flaps on since day one. Also finding these chips on my windshield.many of them

To rule out the obvious, the car is garage kept, never saw rain or snow, rarely driven only on weekends, I do not follow anyone too closely, I dont even let my girlfriend open the door. :D

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue, possibly the paint is soft or not of quality.

-Jay
I've got chips in the same places on my 17 already. Had rock guards from day 1. I'm thinking you have summer tires? All my Challengers have had the same problem. Don't have a clue why they chip so easily

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,015 Posts
Paint issues and quality are a known fact with the newer Dodges, I have a couple dozen defects in mine...I just drive it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
502 Posts
Paint quality seems to be hit or miss on these cars. My opinion is that the paint appears to be thin and chips easily. Some have reported great quality and some not so much so maybe it depends on who's in the paint shop on any given day? My 2016 had many issues (example below) and I took it back to the dealer for repairs. They took care of most of them to my satisfaction and I've just learned to live with a few others that would have required more extensive work to repair minor issues. Many of the issues I had involved paint runs and debris in the paint. Hopefully paint quality will improve and be more consistent when they build their new paint facility because it's an awesome beast otherwise. I should have checked the car over more closely before purchasing but you know how it is when you set your eyes on something you really like and then fire it up. Irrational exuberance sets in...
When I popped the trunk for the first time, this was the paint job I found on both sides-
upload_2017-1-27_21-4-23.png

upload_2017-1-27_20-53-19.png

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
943 Posts
Paint quality seems to be hit or miss on these cars. My opinion is that the paint appears to be thin and chips easily. Some have reported great quality and some not so much so maybe it depends on who's in the paint shop on any given day? My 2016 had many issues (example below) and I took it back to the dealer for repairs. They took care of most of them to my satisfaction and I've just learned to live with a few others that would have required more extensive work to repair minor issues. Many of the issues I had involved paint runs and debris in the paint. Hopefully paint quality will improve and be more consistent when they build their new paint facility because it's an awesome beast otherwise. I should have checked the car over more closely before purchasing but you know how it is when you set your eyes on something you really like and then fire it up. Irrational exuberance sets in...
When I popped the trunk for the first time, this was the paint job I found on both sides-
View attachment 131633
View attachment 131609
Thicker paint chips easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts