SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I still have hope.
In my opinion, it will eventually swing a little bit back to the ICE/Gasoline side as more and more people start driving EV's and it becomes apparent the grid can't keep up with the electrical demands. Once that happens, it will swing back. However, it's only going to get worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have my 2019 Hellcat, and have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I will continue to upgrade it, and i have an Infiniti SUV for my daily driver :)
No plans to buy an EV until closer to 2030 if that. Dodge can do what they want. I have my baby secured in the bag.

·
Registered
57 Posts
What bothers me the most about this desperate push for green energy, is the environment. The fan blades on these “wind generators” have a lifespan, they go straight into the landfills after 20 years. Meanwhile we vent natural gas that the oilfield can’t sell. I just wanna scream, use some damn common sense!!!!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
177 Posts
It’s all smoke and mirrors, from wind generators and solar panels, to battery cars. It’s not for the environment, it’s for government subsidies. Next, we’ll have big fuel taxes, to well, save the environment of course. Unless America wakes up, life as we know it will be over.
Horse farms said the same thing when the automobile started making headway into the personal transportation arena. "Look at those fat Washington cats, promoting those new-fangled CARS over our reliable horse and buggies!" And no, life was not over.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
177 Posts
I have my 2019 Hellcat, and have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I will continue to upgrade it, and i have an Infiniti SUV for my daily driver :)
No plans to buy an EV until closer to 2030 if that. Dodge can do what they want. I have my baby secured in the bag.
I will be the first in line for a 2024 Dodge Electra-CUDA

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love how the media never talks about the new mileage tax, (based on how far a person drives every month), in biden's infrastructure bill. Oh. And having to breathe into a breathalyzer to start the new electric vehicles that will soon be arriving in show rooms.....if the breathalyzer - equipped vehicles are not already in show rooms, (I remember reading about the breathalyzer thing, but I forgot about it).

I also love the fact that no one ever mentions that the batteries are made out of TOXIC, RARE EARTH materials, and what has to be done to produce said materials, or what is going to be done with said batteries once they wear out and no longer hold a charge. Or the IMMENSE new drain on the United States electrical grid to recharge all these batteries. We already see stories in the news about blackouts, and rolling blackouts, because the grid ALREADY can't handle the demand. ......Or a dozen other negatives to electric vehicles.

But, to be fair, I will acknowledge that I knew in the back of my mind that EV's were EVENTUALLY going to take over. What I don't like, is that the powers that be are shoving them down our throats whether we like them or not, or want them or not.

NO ONE can prove 100% that global warming isn't just a natural cycle of the Earth. I'm a lot more worried about deforestation in S. America, and other countries, than I am about global warming.

As for the argument about how many barrels of oil a Hellcat burns: You're assuming the owner is going to use said Hellcat as a daily driver. Going by my investigations, not too many Hellcat owners use them every day, everywhere they go. My Hellcat will be VERY STRICTLY a FAIR WEATHER CAR, ONLY!

And whoever it was who talked about government subsidies.....you nailed it! Bull's eye!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Some really good points are also being made about technology obsolescence, and when are Tesla, et al, going to stop supporting older platforms. Everyone is making some really good points all the way around. Wind mills and/or blades that wear out. Solar panels, (which also wear out, and have toxic materials inside of them). The fact that charging technology still takes HOURS to recharge the car..........etc, etc, etc..................

Oh. I also love how no one ever mentions how wind mills, and solar panels only produce a FRACTION of the energy that petroleum does.

There are all kinds of negatives to "green energy" that no one ever wants to talk about.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
91 Posts
Electric muscle cars, that's a hilarious notion.

Bet money, Dodge is going to use the SuperCharger Concept as the new EV. Beautiful, but I wouldn't buy it unless I was throwing in a Hellcat swap+manual tranny.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
23 Posts
I dont see a lot of talk about the sound and the rumble these cars make. It's a big part of what makes muscle cars so cool.

Ok yes, I'm curious about what they'll do with the design... Keep the grille, keep the bold styling, make it mean... it could work. Performance I guess will be there given how fast Teslas etc can go. But the sound, the experience, the thrill... eeek. Is it gonna sound like a vacuum cleaner? 🤔😆

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,536 Posts
The evolution of cars...

The 2024 Hellcat will likely be a hybrid. Still ICE with electric help. I'm ok with that. Who doesn't like extra & instant torque? I have no desire to buy an all electric car, though. Hearing the exhaust, blower/turbo, etc are half the fun of driving IMO

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love how the media never talks about the new mileage tax, (based on how far a person drives every month), in biden's infrastructure bill. Oh. And having to breathe into a breathalyzer to start the new electric vehicles that will soon be arriving in show rooms.....if the breathalyzer - equipped vehicles are not already in show rooms, (I remember reading about the breathalyzer thing, but I forgot about it).

I also love the fact that no one ever mentions that the batteries are made out of TOXIC, RARE EARTH materials, and what has to be done to produce said materials, or what is going to be done with said batteries once they wear out and no longer hold a charge. Or the IMMENSE new drain on the United States electrical grid to recharge all these batteries. We already see stories in the news about blackouts, and rolling blackouts, because the grid ALREADY can't handle the demand. ......Or a dozen other negatives to electric vehicles.

But, to be fair, I will acknowledge that I knew in the back of my mind that EV's were EVENTUALLY going to take over. What I don't like, is that the powers that be are shoving them down our throats whether we like them or not, or want them or not.

NO ONE can prove 100% that global warming isn't just a natural cycle of the Earth. I'm a lot more worried about deforestation in S. America, and other countries, than I am about global warming.

As for the argument about how many barrels of oil a Hellcat burns: You're assuming the owner is going to use said Hellcat as a daily driver. Going by my investigations, not too many Hellcat owners use them every day, everywhere they go. My Hellcat will be VERY STRICTLY a FAIR WEATHER CAR, ONLY!

And whoever it was who talked about government subsidies.....you nailed it! Bull's eye!
I don't mind the mileage tax if it's on EV's only. It levels the playing field since, currently, only those of us having to buy diesel/petrol are paying these taxes.

This is why i'm holding onto my current vehicles for as long as possible though. I think a lot of people in the coming years are going to be shocked, when, gee-whiz their Tesla is now as expensive to operate as an ICE vehicle anyways. People act like this little window of time we're living in where the government isn't taxing EV's at all will last forever.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,489 Posts
Lets not forget that absolutely abysmal environmental impact these EV's have. Sure they are not pumping garbage out the tailpipe, but think bigger picture. Think of all these rare element mines that companies just destroy the local environment and eco system to get the materials to make these batteries, to the toxic materials left over after their service life. Not to mention where do these people think the electricity comes from? How about the all wiring and the copper to make them work? Is that stuff free? Free as in environmentally free. As it sits right now EV's cost about $2 per mile to drive just in electricity costs. On a national infrastructure side of the house, that a whole other problem/issue. California which cant even handle the electrical load to its grid during summer months, what do they think they can do when everyone is driving electrical cars?
Studies have been done. After taking everything you just mentioned into consideration the consensus was that yes indeed the environmental impact would be lessened. Everything from the building of the plants to sourcing raw materials, electricity, everything. I’m not for or against EV’s but without the real facts from the industry itself our posts are just opinionated conjecture. Mine included. People all up in arms are usually the ones without all of the information imo.

Reactions: RB185AFM
41 - 60 of 141 Posts