SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Hellcat pressure plate on 6 speed, calling all 6 speed owners

6815 27
NVM
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
I have no idea why some people think its high pressure. I could drive all day in traffic and have no complaints.... When driving, I know it's not my old S2000 .... but It's not hard enough that I even think about it...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
My last stick shift was my S2000 which had maybe the best manual transmission ever. With over 1200 miles on my HC the clutch is not something I really think of or complain about even in traffic. I'm not a Cobra expert, but I think it had essentially the same transmission Tremec 6060..

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
As I'm reflecting on my HC purchase, I would like to say for me the M6 was the way to go. My last car (after the S2K) was a 2007 C6 convertible. I really wanted the manual in that, but settled for a great deal and got the A6. I regretted that decision on the way home and for 6 more years. The A8 in the HC is supposed to be spectacular and I'm sure it's light years ahead of the transmission I had in the vette. That being said, for me, there is nothing that increases the enjoyment of driving than banging the gears myself.... It is clearly a debatable decision as there are numerous threads on the subject. If you like a manual transmission, don't let the reports of the M6 having a tough clutch dissuade you -- they are overblown IMO.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Go drive a MX-5 Miata and then tell me how the shifter and clutch feels. In my experience (and many others) it is one of the best transmissions/clutches to control in the world, as far as stock goes. Forget about the looks or lack of power, just focus on the driving.. it's amazing, really. Short throws and great feel.
Do we really need to argue about the transmissions in two cars that aren't even Hellcats? For the record, I've driven both and they are each excellent.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.