SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
My last stick shift was my S2000 which had maybe the best manual transmission ever. With over 1200 miles on my HC the clutch is not something I really think of or complain about even in traffic. I'm not a Cobra expert, but I think it had essentially the same transmission Tremec 6060..
Go drive a MX-5 Miata and then tell me how the shifter and clutch feels. In my experience (and many others) it is one of the best transmissions/clutches to control in the world, as far as stock goes. Forget about the looks or lack of power, just focus on the driving.. it's amazing, really. Short throws and great feel.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Do we really need to argue about the transmissions in two cars that aren't even Hellcats? For the record, I've driven both and they are each excellent.

Matt
Who's arguing? Simply pointing out that the MX-5 has an excellent transmission as well. *shrug*

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
What is this skip shift issue u speak of Tammy can you explain what that means do you just mean the gears are so close together that it's easy to slip in the wrong gear or does is pop out of gear when you aren't expecting it?
The 1-4 skip shift has already been explained. Read all of the thread or look in the owner's manual. The manual also outlines what it is and the conditions that trigger it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.