SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
465 Posts
Well, it's unanimous! The writers of that article need to go for more walks! The clutch is very easy to engage and very easy to shift. I am not so keen on the skip shift issue but if you just get the RPMs up 3000+ it doesn't seem to be an issue! Very easy to drive the M6, I haven't regretted my decision yet. :D
What is this skip shift issue u speak of Tammy can you explain what that means do you just mean the gears are so close together that it's easy to slip in the wrong gear or does is pop out of gear when you aren't expecting it?

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
What is this skip shift issue u speak of Tammy can you explain what that means do you just mean the gears are so close together that it's easy to slip in the wrong gear or does is pop out of gear when you aren't expecting it?
The 1-4 skip shift has already been explained. Read all of the thread or look in the owner's manual. The manual also outlines what it is and the conditions that trigger it.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
465 Posts
The 1-4 skip shift has already been explained. Read all of the thread or look in the owner's manual. The manual also outlines what it is and the conditions that trigger it.
Out of the million posts on here sorry if I missed it did find a few posts when I did an advanced search.....still don't understand why it would lock you out of gears on a performance car wow I can imagine how annoying this could be anyhow! :mad:

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
465 Posts
its easy enough to avoid having it engage... its not that annoying, just don't like it
Thanks for the feedback Abe initially I was trying to determine which one to get auto or manual.....my first thought was its gotta be a manual but after speaking with a srt Tech about it he explained the A8 transmission shifts in something like 200 milliseconds its more of an actual racing designed transmission, I found it hard to decide between the two. I think having the opportunity to drive both on the same day I might be able to make up my mind? who knows haha probably cant go wrong with either one and glad to just get a car in the end. :):D:cool:

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Out of the million posts on here sorry if I missed it did find a few posts when I did an advanced search.....still don't understand why it would lock you out of gears on a performance car wow I can imagine how annoying this could be anyhow! :mad:
its easy enough to avoid having it engage... its not that annoying, just don't like it
Seriously, what Abe said. It only engages when you are babying it and try to shift at low RPMs. I catch myself doing it around town when you just listen to the exhaust, sometimes you think you are revving it more than you really are so you go to shift and it won't go into 2nd. There's this moment of WTH!!! Then you remember its the BS skip shift shizzy!! I cuss and then put it back and first and drive it a little harder and then that bs doesn't happen!:D

· Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
I guess it comes down to how much drag racing do you plan on doing.. If you really like grabb'n gears you will love love love the 6sp.. wish you lived closer

Reactions: HellcatKid

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Abe initially I was trying to determine which one to get auto or manual.....my first thought was its gotta be a manual but after speaking with a srt Tech about it he explained the A8 transmission shifts in something like 200 milliseconds its more of an actual racing designed transmission, I found it hard to decide between the two. I think having the opportunity to drive both on the same day I might be able to make up my mind? who knows haha probably cant go wrong with either one and glad to just get a car in the end. :):D:cool:
That decision really boils down to how much stop and go driving, if you are racing and what you want to do with your cat. For me, the M6 works because I am 3 miles to work and 3 miles home. I have a blast in my car everyday and enjoy the extra control I have with the M6. It probably keeps me out of a little more trouble than the A8 because I know if I am shifting into 4th gear I am probably speeding significantly and need to slow my roll. Once you drive them, you are going to know exactly which one if for you. Enjoy!:D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.