SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Hellcat production stopped for 2021

8K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  Anguish 
#1 ·
as per my dealer today Hellcat production has stopped for the remainder of 2021. Even if you have a serial number but no build date the car will not be built due to supply chain issues. I ordered a Super Stock over two months ago that had a serial number and was told today not going to be built. Anyone else hear this?

#5 ·
There are already chip manufacturers setting up shop here in the US. Theyre wasting no time recognizing opportunity.

#15 ·
Not terribly. In Canada, we were in the general ballpark of 90% vaccination until two weeks ago when the 5-11 year old category was added. When mandates kick in, rates rise, so it's quite possible the plant average will be higher, while other jobs that don't mandate will be lower. But even at that value... coming up with 100 replacement workers in a factory of 1,000 is something that the auto manufacturers do frequently. They throw out early-retirement packages to purge high-seniority, high-pay employees every few years. Labour won't be the issue here.

Reactions: fltru103
#12 ·
Plant is open as of right now, when is this shutdown supposed to happen? Some of these dealers don't know squat.

I do know from someone at the plant that they will close for the holidays after Dec 17th. When they return in the new year they will be under the vaccine mandate. It wont be just the parts in short supply, manpower too.
Makes sense.

Answer: Suck, suck, sucketty, suck, suck

Stellantis' Brampton Plant Could Close As Dodge Charger And Challenger Might Move Stateside | Carscoops

Question: How's the quality of your vehicle when the assembler knows he's going to be out of a job in two years.
Wont be out of a job, they'll build something else at Brampton or might become an EV battery plant

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Hi,

Maybe they are changing orders to 22's, as have a Jeep on order and that is what is happening with them, as people have been waiting since early August from the limited post I've read.

Good luck with the build.

Regards,
Jim

#18 ·
From what I was told if you have a build date you should be OK if not your order will not be fulfilled at this time. I had a serial number since October 1st but no change in status until Thursday. I actually was able to talk with the zone rep who confirmed as of now HELLCAT production has stopped with no ETA on startup again. He also said it isn’t just a chip issue but some options and the tires Dodge was using on the Supper Stock are not available at this time (guess where tires are made? Japan) This had nothing to do with scheduled holiday closings at plants. What he couldn’t tell me is if they will build my 2021 Super Stock in 2022 or will it need to be reordered as a 2022. Also as of right now you can’t even spec out a 2022 Hellcat for order. This all happening with my order that was given a serial number in October. Very frustrating

#20 ·
So guess they'll run the week after Christmas to finish up 2021 then that's it.

They normally take vacation break over Christmas but maybe not this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#30 ·
I'm in Kentucky, & know that the Ford truck plant here is shut down until 1/18/22. So it's certainly not just Dodge. Toyota on the other hand is shutdown normally until 1/3/22. Parts issues are still a big problem.
My car went through 2 shutdowns back in spring & luckily managed 9 week build. Just hang in there, it WILL be worth it!

#36 ·
I work at a very large body shop, I think its going to get worse before it gets better. A fender on a Honda accord has a 30 to 60 day wait. We are Honda certified, along with about 25 other high end brands including SRT, and we cant get cars out, simply because you have to tear them down to order all the parts, because most damage, on minor wrecks , is hidden, and of course insurance wont pay until you can send them a picture. We have about 200 units at my location, and we have 4 . All of them are in the same shape. No end in site!

#37 ·
I just dont see how the EV is REALLY going to take over so quick

#38 ·
Hi,

Think a lot of it is perception, and what they want you to think, end of the day EV's are great for a city commute, around me and betting most of us 30-40 mile one way to work, not so much, let alone the whole infrastructure debate or cost of electricity. Either way if they don't have buyers they won't be making many.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: 18Hellcat1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.