SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
You certainly have to believe it's a great possibility. And HELL yeah I'd get one. And keep in mind just 10 years ago the VIPER TRUCK was alive and I had them.
This my 2006 Night Rider 2 door and my 2005 4 door
image.jpeg

And my 2004
image.jpeg

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yep....we did not buy a Raptor a couple of years ago (bought a Ram R/T instead) because we could not see paying that much for something that would not fit in our garage. However that situation is getting fixed as we speak! Building a 24x24 (with 10 foot tall doors) behind the house for the Hellcat! My wife just mentioned getting a new Raptor when they come out in a few months. Looks like we will wait for the new Ram instead! Glad to see something on par this time instead of a decal and paint package like the Rebel.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh my world! This is indeed very nice. I would certainly buy that next, after current car is paid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a 2014 Roush Raptor and it was sweet. 600 HP and 600 ft lbs of torque. Screamed like a banshee. I sold it to a collector friend and bought my Hellcat Charger. Now I have something that will easily replace what I had with something equivalent if not better. Can. Not. Wait.

·
Registered
489 Posts
it states

"Concept vehicle shown, Vehicle specifications may change"

sounds very promising!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm just happy Dodge finally gets it! We don't want it to "look" faster or more capable, we want it to BE faster and more capable!!! It seems they have finally accepted that "sticker" (decals, wheels, blackout accents) packages just won't do anymore. I applaud them!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
it states

"Concept vehicle shown, Vehicle specifications may change"

sounds very promising!
Its going to get watered down by the time it hits the showrooms. The Hellcat motor will be gone and replaced by the 6.4L. The size of the wheels and tires will to toned down and the side exhausts will come out the back.

Now, if they do build it, this truck will be over 100K in Canada. No way it will sell up here. Its useless to do anything but get groceries in.

R.K.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Its going to get watered down by the time it hits the showrooms. The Hellcat motor will be gone and replaced by the 6.4L. The size of the wheels and tires will to toned down and the side exhausts will come out the back.

Now, if they do build it, this truck will be over 100K in Canada. No way it will sell up here. Its useless to do anything but get groceries in.

R.K.
I totally get why you would expect that, but I'm thinking it'll stay pretty true to its current showings. The fact that they have detuned (or reengineered) the engine to be setup in the truck tells me they have actually put thought into the setup and not just thrown the hellcat engine in a truck and called it a concept. Plus with the extended fenders/bed, there shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't beable to keep the current size tire. Obviously to meet certain regulations or what not they may change a few things, but I don't think it'll be anything too drastic.

Remember everyone said the Hellcat wouldn't happen or it'd get water down as well. No way it'll have 700+ hp. It'll cost 100k if it does...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I totally get why you would expect that, but I'm thinking it'll stay pretty true to its current showings. The fact that they have detuned (or reengineered) the engine to be setup in the truck tells me they have actually put thought into the setup and not just thrown the hellcat engine in a truck and called it a concept. Plus with the extended fenders/bed, there shouldn't be any reason why they wouldn't beable to keep the current size tire. Obviously to meet certain regulations or what not they may change a few things, but I don't think it'll be anything too drastic.

Remember everyone said the Hellcat wouldn't happen or it'd get water down as well. No way it'll have 700+ hp. It'll cost 100k if it does...
Well the Hellcat did cost over $100k when it came out in Canada in 2015 LOL. Sure the MSRP was $65k but no dealer sold it for that. I truly hope they do build this truck because I think it looks awesome. Could you imagine how sinister it would look in Black?? Sweet mother of god!!

R.K.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
The REBEL TRX is getting a HELL of a lot attention on the Auto pages today. U'd have to believe it's a great possibility.
FCA needs to get their investment out of the HELLCAT 6.2 motor. It was not too long ago the masses LOL were complaining they couldn't get their HELLCAT and the dealers didn't have them. And the Government actually contacted FCA to c if there was something fishy going on. Yea what happened to all those folks and stories?
Now all I'm reading on the FORUM is too many HELLCATS sitting on dealers lots and the HELLCAT is losing its value.
And just maybe if this is true (Hellcats slowing down in volume) than possibly FCA is looking to utilize the HELLCAT motor in more applications. Which I certainly hope is true cause the REBEL TRX is totally bad ass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The only confusing part about this truck is that it's detuned down to 500 something HP. It seems like it would have been easier to just drop the standard 6.4L into it with fairly close numbers. Then if somebody wanted to supercharge it on their own, Kenne Bell was making a supercharger for the 6.4L that was supposed to get around 900HP.
I did a lot of research when I was debating keeping my Scat Pack or trading up to the Hellcat haha.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The REBEL TRX is getting a HELL of a lot attention on the Auto pages today. U'd have to believe it's a great possibility.
FCA needs to get their investment out of the HELLCAT 6.2 motor. It was not too long ago the masses LOL were complaining they couldn't get their HELLCAT and the dealers didn't have them. And the Government actually contacted FCA to c if there was something fishy going on. Yea what happened to all those folks and stories?
Now all I'm reading on the FORUM is too many HELLCATS sitting on dealers lots and the HELLCAT is losing its value.
And just maybe if this is true (Hellcats slowing down in volume) than possibly FCA is looking to utilize the HELLCAT motor in more applications. Which I certainly hope is true cause the REBEL TRX is totally bad ass.
I think the Rebel TRX is sick. Dodge stepped it up! What I also see are those awesome wide blended in fender flares! If they went to that trouble on this concept surely they will do the same on next years wide body Hellcat challenger/ADR!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts