SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, been a lurker for some time and value this place and the info. My first post is a sad one. My 2017 red charger hellcat was stolen this morning from Antioch Chrysler Dodge from a bay inside about to get some work done. This is in northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border.

She is obvious in color with the dual racing stripes in the carbon and plates R649885. A mid muffler delete so she is not quiet.

I know it’s a long shot but if any members see this car driving in southern WI, Northern IL can you please notify local law enforcement.

Thanks
Red Cat Mike

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
93 Posts
This is my first post, been a lurker for some time and value this place and the info. My first post is a sad one. My 2017 red charger hellcat was stolen this morning from Antioch Chrysler Dodge from a bay inside about to get some work done. This is in northern Illinois near the Wisconsin border.
Dang I hate hate hate hearing stories like this! Inside of the dealership services bay??? It's hard for me to think this is not an inside job. I do hope you can find your baby quickly and in one piece. Will the dealership bare some sort of responsibility for the theft? I have been going back and forth on a portable gps tracker (Tracki and LandAirSea). I need to pick one of these services asap but they are a bit expensive. This is getting out of hand!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea on responsibility yet as I have never in my life had this happen. I’m doing everything I can with the police, serious radio ect this morning to see if we can locate the car. They didn’t even use my key so they new what they were doing.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
215 Posts
I have been going back and forth on a portable gps tracker (Tracki and LandAirSea).
I bought the Tracki but have not yet signed up for the subscription. Hopefully in another week when I will opt for their two year plan for $239 ($9.99 per month). Every time I think I'm being paranoid in the lengths I go to secure my HC, I read a story like this. To the OP, this really sucks but at least it will be on the dealership's insurance and not yours. Just don't let them lowball you on the settlement. If you feel it's too low, ask for arbitration.

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
93 Posts
I bought the Tracki but have not yet signed up for the subscription. Hopefully in another week when I will opt for their two year plan for $239 ($9.99 per month). Every time I think I'm being paranoid in the lengths I go to secure my HC, I read a story like this. To the OP, this really sucks but at least it will be on the dealership's insurance and not yours. Just don't let them lowball you on the settlement. If you feel it's too low, ask for arbitration.
Good once you install please give a review of the service. I want one where it will allow you to get live updates when you need it.
I have no idea on responsibility yet as I have never in my life had this happen. I’m doing everything I can with the police, serious radio ect this morning to see if we can locate the car. They didn’t even use my key so they new what they were doing.
Keep us posted hopefully the Uconnect tracking can come through for you.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
853 Posts
I hope the cops are more concerned about your stolen car than they were my stolen motorcycle a few years ago. Couldn’t have cared less. Just did the report so I could give it to the insurance company and be paid out. No investigation or follow-up whatsoever, to the point they acted disgusted with me for stopping by the station to ask what was going on with everything. Honestly, I don’t think I’d want the car back anyway after someone else had their way with it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,147 Posts

She is obvious in color with the dual racing stripes in the carbon and plates R649885. A mid muffler delete so she is not quiet.

View attachment 571960 View attachment 571961
View attachment 571962

I know it’s a long shot but if any members see this car driving in southern WI, Northern IL can you please notify local law enforcement.

Thanks
Red Cat Mike
I'm sorry to hear it got stolen. I know exactly where Antioch is......just a bit SW of where I'm at. Had a couple deals fall through there when I was looking for a Challenger. I'll keep a look out for it.

-But since it was inside their shop, I'd think Antioch Dodge would bear responsibility for your car. It's not up to you to determine who's responsible....rest assured, your insurance company will go after the dealer if they ARE responsible.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,218 Posts
I hope the cops are more concerned about your stolen car than they were my stolen motorcycle a few years ago. Couldn’t have cared less. Just did the report so I could give it to the insurance company and be paid out. No investigation or follow-up whatsoever, to the point they acted disgusted with me for stopping by the station to ask what was going on with everything. Honestly, I don’t think I’d want the car back anyway after someone else had their way with it.
Got my CBR 1000-RR stolen at 3 weeks old, a Wednesday afternoon at 2pm, in front of a gym. Cops were like "nothing wee can do, they ship them overseas". I was baffled to say the least

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
332 Posts
cameras.... id bet the dealership has cameras. Lawyer up and hit the dealership, its in their custody and their responsibility. They too have insurance for these reasons. Your insurance should back you on this if not take over.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,848 Posts
This is just terrible. What kind of dealership doesn't protect our assets while in their possession.
This is the problem with society as well, lack of accountability.
Law enforcement doesn't give a crap because your insurance will pay you and its just a car AND they have their hands full with just not being blamed for everything that the criminals do.
You lose on the value of the car, and then we all suffer with higher insurance rates.
I can honestly say, I catch someone trying to steal any of my stuff from my home or my prize possessions, especially the green machine, they we be going for a ride down a dirt road.....

Instead of hearing about how a officer defended herself incorrectly with the wrong piece of equipment when her life was in danger, I would rather turn on the news and hear how someone stole a car, was caught, and had their hands smashed with a sledge hammer. Bet auto theft stats would drop considerably.
I need a drink cause my blood pressure is up and it isn't even my car.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
135 Posts
This same thing happened to my boss back in December. Happened with his GMC Yukon at the GMC dealership. The Yukon was stolen off their lot with the keys. The thief just walked in and grabbed a set of keys off the board and then walked outside and found it with the keyless entry. Long story short, his dealership ended up giving him 10k over trade in value towards a new truck. It all went through the dealerships insurance.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Appreciate all the posts everyone

A quick update as I have been trying everything since this morning.

It looks like my car was the only car taken from the dealership from what I know. It was parked in a locked bay, the doors were closed with windows but you would have to be over six foot to even look in them and then look down. They broke into the bay next to it took the car without my key and even managed to power the door to remove the car. No cameras on site and this robbery was in the window when there security was not on site sitting in the lot.

My tech over 20 years was a super gentleman as always and feels awful and couldn’t stop apologizing. He even saw the owner and told him I was there and this wonderful man decided to tell him he is waiting for a call from the insurance and didn’t even approach me to say sorry or anything and decided to walk off. Now I’m a 20 year customer with nearly 10 cars over the years purchased. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion, I left before I said anything I would regret to keep a level head.

The police have been great, the initial officer has been in contact many times and is a true bright spot with everything going on. They are looking everywhere and even found me posting this up this morning without me saying a word. True professionals in this case. Nothing on the car but hope so far that she is found here.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
468 Posts
I strongly recommend you make a claim with YOUR insurance NOW! They are YOUR advocate, they do not want to get stuck with this bill and THEY will go after the dealer, they have lawyers on staff. You don’t have to do anything! You will be responsible for the deductible until the dispute is settled. If, say, the dealer’s insu takes 80% of the responsibility, you will get 80% of your deductible back. Don’t play games, get your insurance co. to do their job and make sure you are not shortchanged.

Now get that RE on order! (From another dealer!)

BTW: Does the owner gamble? I know the lakes there and Antioch is not that far from downtown.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Believe you me all, the whole story from everything I know makes me think the same about the job. I can only hope they find the car or who is responsible.

Insurance has already been notified but they said that the dealer may not be liable which blew my mind. I’ll let the insurance deal if she’s gone as what else can I really do but hold out some hope. Although my hope is starting to dwindle as it’s nearly a day now and really nothing.

No hit on the tracker/gps yet still.

I’ll post as i know more.

Just a absolutely unimaginable situation.

redcatmike

1 - 20 of 91 Posts