SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
141 - 160 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat RE
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
It REALLY looks as if it was an inside job. When's the last time you waltzed into your local police station to steal donuts?
Just need that proof man, I wish they could find it! I’m on board with you on this personally.

-Mike

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat RE
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Well the end of the story begins here now.

The dealership insurance finally paid me the amount for my car which was no where near market by about 10k and with that difference any lawyer would have eaten that up to hire and use hence my hands were tied in any fight reasonable legal fight.

I contacted the dealer once it was done and spoke to my sales rep who tried to help put me back into a hellcat charger after all this issue.

I explained that I wanted a new one like my previous and not used and said for Msrp no bs markup. I explained all I lost and my time issues ect with this whole theft. Especially how it looked like an inside job at that dealer. I asked for a reasonable discount on the car 10/15k based on everything and I’d pay the rest as that is more than fair with my loss and honestly they were doing power dollars before which was near 10k for Christ Sake not that long ago.

So you ask what did the ownership that never even contacted me to even just say sorry this happened to a 20 year customer who has bought many cars over the years, sent them customers ect.

These guys tell my sales guy nope and they will do nothing for me. No counter and basically F off to any help on a deal unless I pay the Msrp on the car.

So if you have anything nice or want to buy anything don’t even set foot in ANTIOCH DODGE located in Antioch Illinois off of route 176. The owners are worthless and even though they lost only my car to theft on there whole lot (strange hu) they will not do anything near the right thing for the customer. Absolutely no humanity there, no ownership to having my car stolen while they were in possession except having there insurance do the little they did.

So I repeat avoid Antioch IL DodgeChrysler Jeep as they are Truly as bad as criminals in my book. They can take there ethics/morals and flush them.

I will not be returning nor giving them a single $$ more.

I don’t know what is next but obviously it’s not a hellcat as I’ve lost enough money/energy/time to this crap.

Share to all your friends avoid this this place unless maybe they want there car stolen and a couple dollars for it.

—Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well the end of the story begins here now.

The dealership insurance finally paid me the amount for my car which was no where near market by about 10k and with that difference any lawyer would have eaten that up to hire and use hence my hands were tied in any fight reasonable legal fight.

I contacted the dealer once it was done and spoke to my sales rep who tried to help put me back into a hellcat charger after all this issue.

I explained that I wanted a new one like my previous and not used and said for Msrp no bs markup. I explained all I lost and my time issues ect with this whole theft. Especially how it looked like an inside job at that dealer. I asked for a reasonable discount on the car 10/15k based on everything and I’d pay the rest as that is more than fair with my loss and honestly they were doing power dollars before which was near 10k for Christ Sake not that long ago.

So you ask what did the ownership that never even contacted me to even just say sorry this happened to a 20 year customer who has bought many cars over the years, sent them customers ect.

These guys tell my sales guy nope and they will do nothing for me. No counter and basically F off to any help on a deal unless I pay the Msrp on the car.

So if you have anything nice or want to buy anything don’t even set foot in ANTIOCH DODGE located in Antioch Illinois off of route 176. The owners are worthless and even though they lost only my car to theft on there whole lot (strange hu) they will not do anything near the right thing for the customer. Absolutely no humanity there, no ownership to having my car stolen while they were in possession except having there insurance do the little they did.

So I repeat avoid Antioch IL DodgeChrysler Jeep as they are Truly as bad as criminals in my book. They can take there ethics/morals and flush them.

I will not be returning nor giving them a single $$ more.

I don’t know what is next but obviously it’s not a hellcat as I’ve lost enough money/energy/time to this crap.

Share to all your friends avoid this this place unless maybe they want there car stolen and a couple dollars for it.

—Mike
Hey Mike , first I’m extremely sorry for this LONG frustration you and your family had to deal with .
I hope you’re all okay.

Now , you want a new hellcat ! Please call Dan Cummins Dodge in Paris, KY. @Just_See_Jake . Go to their website and go to about us and find his number, or call the dealer and get his number!

Or go to hellcat purchasing and get his number ! Trust me , as a guy that was very skeptical, this was an incredible car buying experience!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat RE
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Guys right now I’m just livid and the idea of spending more after losing already is baffling to me. I can’t even really think about it personally. I worked my ass off for my car, I’m by no means rich with money as I am in family.

Starting all over again on a car is not my idea at the moment of a rational idea in my world I guess. I’m going to sit on this for a while probably. I miss my car, my son misses the car but losing after losing already is a hard pill to swallow.

It goes to show that ethics in business are dead, that dealer got what it needed from me which was my $$$ and could care less this was there responsibility to make it right. All I can hope is this gets out and people avoid this place. Karma I could use you right about now honestly.

—Mike

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,720 Posts
You can do some stuff to help spread the word. Create a write up so you only have to do it once and post it to the BBB and every Yelp, Google or any other review forum you can. Just post the facts and recommendation to avoid that dealership. It won't make you whole but it might give you a little satisfaction knowing somewhere someone will be reading them and deter them from that dealership.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
817 Posts
You can do some stuff to help spread the word. Create a write up so you only have to do it once and post it to the BBB and every Yelp, Google or any other review forum you can. Just post the facts and recommendation to avoid that dealership. It won't make you whole but it might give you a little satisfaction knowing somewhere someone will be reading them and deter them from that dealership.
Reach out to Patrick Rall, he's about as big of a Hellcat/Mopar person in the biz you could ask for....

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
451 Posts
I'd call FCA and explain to them the whole situation and how the dealership, where the car was stolen from, will not help at all. Maybe FCA can do something because this gives a bad name to Dodge in general.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,720 Posts
I'd call FCA and explain to them the whole situation and how the dealership, where the car was stolen from, will not help at all. Maybe FCA can do something because this gives a bad name to Dodge in general.
My experience is FCA will state dealers are independent and not do anything further. It does surprise me that this is generally their attitude.

• Wow
Reactions: 2fast4u and Spoolin

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
817 Posts
My experience is FCA will state dealers are independent and not do anything further. It does surprise me that this is generally their attitude.
The only way anything will change is from public pressure/bad press..... and you have a much better chance of punishing the dealer into doing something than FCA. Furthermore, the bigger the dealership, the more likely you will get a response... smaller ones just don't care enough... but the bigger ones....that can severely impact their bottom line.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,788 Posts
Maybe contact the Chi Tribune and see it's worth an article? Are they still in business?

Edit: Never mind, they would me happy to hear another gas guzzler is gone, and probably suggest you should not have bought it in the first place. You should have bought something that no one wants to steal, like a Volt!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat RE
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Yeah the ideas have been flowing over here and I do like borden72’s idea. I need to sit down write up something and post post post. No it won’t get me my cat back or pay me what is lost but ….

Hopefully it will turn some away from this dealer and the bad ethics they possess. Might even make me feel better to black list this this cheap pos owner every where I can find over there piss poor behavior on this whole situation.

I just need to sit down and get to writing something on the facts and what has gone down without my emotions driving my words.

—Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah the ideas have been flowing over here and I do like borden72’s idea. I need to sit down write up something and post post post. No it won’t get me my cat back or pay me what is lost but ….

Hopefully it will turn some away from this dealer and the bad ethics they possess. Might even make me feel better to black list this this cheap pos owner every where I can find over there piss poor behavior on this whole situation.

I just need to sit down and get to writing something on the facts and what has gone down without my emotions driving my words.

—Mike
Too bad there’s no way to get in touch with Jay Leno or someone huge in the car community. This dealer wouldn’t know what hit them .

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,788 Posts
I know it likely would go nowhere, but I'd take some time and put together a detailed and painfully factual timeline of the ordeal, including your loyalty and kid's affection for the brand, and send to Dodge, Chrysler, FCA, Stellantis, copies to anyone and everyone. Search the names and locations of all the executives. board members, marketing VP's, etc. and send the letter to each one. How your dream and your kids dream was taken from you by a trusted dealer, with absolutely no falult on you, and because of the inequitable settlement, you are unable to reacquire your dream. Very very sad. I'd have given 10k to the atty to get the extra 10k from the scumbag. Whenever you feel sad, add to and refine your letter, after several weeks of reflection and refinement, send it. It may not help but it will allow you to purge. I feel for you, I wish I was a lotto winner, you, much more than most deserve better.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts

—Mike
I guess in theory, at a minimum, you are trying to cost them the $10K+ the insurance company cost you, plus whatever additional amount you feel they failed to come to the table with on a new one. Shouldn’t be hard to do. In fact, I have a feeling you will cause them much more pain than that. Very shortsighted of the dealer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,365 Posts
Starting all over again on a car is not my idea at the moment of a rational idea in my world I guess. I’m going to sit on this for a while probably. I miss my car, my son misses the car but losing after losing already is a hard pill to swallow.
If you order one it'll get you time to get things back in shape, and there should be no reason to pay even MSRP.

141 - 160 of 210 Posts