SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 srt v8 and 2013 srt v8 with me and I would really like to swap a Hellcat engine to anyone of them. Anyone has any idea like those who have swapped similliar conversion.
I am getting a hellcat turnkey pallet low miles with a turnkey pallet: The pallet includes the following in the website listed below

In the page given above has items and parts included among with transmisson and engine

ANYONEPLS GIVE ME WHAT I WILL NEED OTHER THAN THIS TO MAKE MY 2007/2013 srt in a motor with a hellcat and functions everything as normal.

Thanks

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,402 Posts
Save your money and heart ache and buy the real deal.

Reactions: Jazz Blue Scat

·
HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,402 Posts
Anything is possible ..... but after spending $23k on this engine, and all the hours and hours of labor, wiring, custom driveshaft, fitting the cluster into your dash, etc..... you will regret it I am sure.
These look like something you buy to drop in an older car where you have room to make it work.
It's crazy, they are getting the absolutely totalled cars for under $20k through salvage auctions and selling just the drivetrain for $23k.
In 2004 I did a complete swap on a 82 fox body mustang from a 93 cobra theft recovery wrecked auction purchase. I bought it to get the fuel injection, newer interior, quarter windows,tail lights, front end, and all because I was partial to the 82 car. When it was done, after all the hard work and many hours/days/weeks of bleeding fingers crap work, it was an 82 gt with t tops that was a cobra replica... great, when I finally sold the car "I loved and would never sell", it was still an 82 cobra clone worth nothing. Lesson learned on my part.

I feel that you can find a 2015 with almost no miles for $45k right now. You would be better off bringing the new car into your collection instead of hacking up a car you love. Or, drop a sc kit onto your existing car, a whipple style, not a vortec/paxton, and be done. Good luck.

Reactions: greasy

·
Banned
4,900 Posts
My "stocker-than-stock" Hellcat requires this of me, to have fun:
A) Get in
B) Drive

I understand that you may be emotionally invested in something you've spent that much time/money on. This is not the end of the demands on your time and money. The drain on your happiness and emotional state is something to take into consideration, also.

I have zero frustrations or doubts when driving my car. I don't have any nagging at the back of my mind, "That mod that I did, is IT causing (whatever I hear or feel or perceive that I do) in the car??

That alone, to me, was worth leaving it in its glorious, stock, condition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll tell you my story. Back in late 2013 the warranty expired on my R/T and I was on Challengertalk asking about putting a supercharger on my car. I wanted to run low 11's and guys there had built cars to that level and I wanted to know cost and work involved. Come to find out with 10k miles on that car I couldn't use ANY drivetrain parts as is. May as well gut it and start over. In April 2014 Dodge announced Hellcat. Everything I wanted and warranty.
Sell your cars and get the real deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.