SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reaching out to those with more technical expertise....while i wait for the arrival of my 707HP beast.....I feel compelled to request advise for tire ( and possibly wheel) upgrades. Seems to me the weak link is the traction loss. Any one know what larger skins might fit??? Please share your input and good information. THX

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
70Cuda can you chime in on this, I will never track my car, I just want a good street tire and hooks up good and can get 3000 to 5000 miles.
Not sure the brand but there are DOT approved drag radial tires. very soft not much life 5000 miles tops.
will hook up great when dry. may not on wet pavement. You also have to look at the psi. on the drag strip they air them down. Bad idea on the street. So certain brands may be better than others. I don't know much about road course only 1/4 drag. The drag tires "grow" a bit in the burn out phase. I always skip the water box and run a "dry hop" My tires last longer. You will figure it out as you play in your car. I think you can get some heat in your tires with a quick "dry hop" helps a little bit.

I would rather run the stock tires and let them slip. I will figure out how to launch my car over time and just deal with it. Just like on my Viper and Shelby. I can tell you rear tires are expensive. Vipers are much easier to launch than a Shelby. The Shelby like the Hellcat is a burnout rear tire eating machine. I think the weight.
My plan is to track my Hellcat vs my Shelby once or twice on the 1/4. Otherwise just street.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
Those are the same I had on my cobra,,I went in the water box( first time being at a drag strip) didn't do so well, few hours later I ran got a little slip of the line, but once it hooked up,I almost broke the seat , that's how hard it hooked, my wife was on the side watching and thought I broke my neck.. and that was 515 rwhp, and 505 rwtq..that was the fastest car I every drove..so I'm hoping the hellcat puts that car to shame or makes it look slow

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
I'm gonna wait, see if anyone starts breaking shiz with their new found traction before I get some street slicks. It can be very hard on your drivetrain with full traction, and don't really want to rip the rearend out of it because it hooked up. But then again it does have a warranty.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
According to Nitto's site, the 305 series require a 10.0-12.0" wide wheel. Fudging 0.5" is probably not too far out of that realm to still be safe. Mickey Thompson only makes a single model for 20" wheels and they require a the same 10-12" wheel width.

What I really want to see is someone go to a tire or street rod shop that has one of those tools that you bolt to the wheel hub with the wheel removed and it helps determine the widest wheel that will fit without rubbing, the correct offset, etc. This one from Wheel Works looks great: Wheelworks inc. Provides The Wheel Fit And Tire And Wheel Training - Tire Industry Association Tire And Custom Wheel Training Wheel Fit Consulting Company

Because I'd really like to be able to put an 11" wide rear wheel on this car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.