SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my local Ford dealer. To get an idea of trade in value on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat 6spd 19xxx.
He said, "normally this would be about 42k for trade in but considering the times and the fact that you don't see these everyday we are willing to give you 45,000 on trade"
Keep in mind this was as it sat with all the daily driven dirt.

Thats pretty decent seeing as I just bought it in march for 44k. I didn't get it in writing, but I did ask. He claimed they are not that type of dealer and it is all in the system, no reason to be worried about that. I have no reason not to believe him, I mean I can just go to the next dealer if worst comes to worst.

Don't know what I'm going to trade it in for. I want the new bronco but realistically that wont be available for another 1-2 years aside from pre-order and marked up ones, just PAINFULLY waiting here.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
I would love to sidebar on the Bronco /Jeep debate, but I'll keep it to this. I'm selling my car currently. And I look at Craigslist and all the 2016s $54000 listing for over.. there is about three of them. But if you go to something like CarGurus. You'll see many are priced where they should be which I would assume would be around 45,000. It's crazy to see them for over 50k and they are lower than average miles and stock. But not really low miles. Under 10k.. I mean I guess they are just asking that much that doesn't mean they're going to get it. It makes me want to throw my car on Craigslist just to see if I can get 4 or 5 more thousand for it and it would still be cheaper than the others with that 3 year bumper to bumper warranty left...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,883 Posts
I strongly considered a wrangler. But way too underpowered IMO.
If you are going to off road get a used vehicle. At best a new vehicle will get scratched up in almost no time. Or worse you lose the vehicle down a hill or over the side of the fire road.

For an example of what can befall you and your vehicle when off roading, check out the videos at this YT site:

For the trade in value of your Hellcat check with www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and plug in the car's details.

If you have one handy you can take the car to a CarMax and they'll make you an offer.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
218 Posts
If you are still considering a 4x4 send me a PM. I spent a week with 5 different trucks doing a comparison test on the Rubicon trail. Not the short course. All the way from the bottom to the top. We had two preproduction Broncos.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,058 Posts
That’s not a bad offer. You won’t get that high a trade from your Dodge/Jeep dealer. Also, if they know you want to trade something in, the dealer’s typically will not come off the new car price very much. Too bad you are looking at a Ford...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
77 Posts
I would take those 45k and apply them towards a 2020 Shelby GT500 and go out and enjoy the 760 horses it produces. Then again I have 93 Mustang GT in my garage so I too am being biased.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
988 Posts
I would take those 45k and apply them towards a 2020 Shelby GT500 and go out and enjoy the 760 horses it produces. Then again I have 93 Mustang GT in my garage so I too am being biased.
I was a dodge man thru and thru. Until my last Dodge was stolen. At 2 types of the same car and 2 of the same motors I decided I’d give something else a try. Went from a 392 to a 5.0 but I am still a fan at heart and may actually be coming back to dodge land. I was at the dealer getting an oil change today and got to check out this 500.
0E77B598-8659-4FF4-8E64-449B968EFBF2.jpeg

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
2020 GT500 still have stupid ADM attached? I wonder if Ford will be doing sweet lease deals on them next year

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
913 Posts
I was a dodge man thru and thru. Until my last Dodge was stolen. At 2 types of the same car and 2 of the same motors I decided I’d give something else a try. Went from a 392 to a 5.0 but I am still a fan at heart and may actually be coming back to dodge land. I was at the dealer getting an oil change today and got to check out this 500.
View attachment 558563
What's with the front wheel barrels? Thought they were supposed to be carbon fiber

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,178 Posts
they are. probably just shipping plastic or something.

Reactions: snobrdrdan

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That’s not a bad offer. You won’t get that high a trade from your Dodge/Jeep dealer. Also, if they know you want to trade something in, the dealer’s typically will not come off the new car price very much. Too bad you are looking at a Ford...
Yea they just move the numbers around. I'm not brand loyal, every brand has their quirks.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are going to off road get a used vehicle. At best a new vehicle will get scratched up in almost no time. Or worse you lose the vehicle down a hill or over the side of the fire road.

For an example of what can befall you and your vehicle when off roading, check out the videos at this YT site:

For the trade in value of your Hellcat check with www.kbb.com and www.nada.com and plug in the car's details.

If you have one handy you can take the car to a CarMax and they'll make you an offer.
Agreed.
I don't plan on doin any offroading with any road vehicle.
Not covered by insurance either.

And a side by side/utv does it 10x better and 10x cheaper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts