SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,662 Posts
Well ??? We're waiting ..................

Reactions: Slowhand

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
192 Posts
f**k Jordan is that yours?

I just ran first time at GLD last night
[email protected] 60 ft 1.666

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Father in law...
We are struggling to 60ft. Car doesn't have 500 moles yet so no launch control. We are in the 1.8s. A little fooling around and we'll have it.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
192 Posts
Yeah what's the DA/humidity/temp, these cars are sensitive to its they wull drip 1-2mph w less then ideal conditions

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe there is a bit more left in it. The first few passes of the day were awful as far as short times were concerned. The tires were new and it is not easy to get it right gas/brake launching. Once the tires had a few passes and more rocks hanging from them life got easier. Next time we come back we will be past 500 miles and will be able to use launch control. The consistency will help. It was in the low 60s when we arrived, and I feel that the 1.6 60ft coupled with cooler air would help. The 1.6 60ft had not a hint of wheelspin. What killed us earlier was running through the brakes at the tree when trying to load up with gas/brake. Next time we will use launch control. I hope to touch a 1.5 60ft.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,619 Posts
I believe there is a bit more left in it. The first few passes of the day were awful as far as short times were concerned. The tires were new and it is not easy to get it right gas/brake launching. Once the tires had a few passes and more rocks hanging from them life got easier. Next time we come back we will be past 500 miles and will be able to use launch control. The consistency will help. It was in the low 60s when we arrived, and I feel that the 1.6 60ft coupled with cooler air would help. The 1.6 60ft had not a hint of wheelspin. What killed us earlier was running through the brakes at the tree when trying to load up with gas/brake. Next time we will use launch control. I hope to touch a 1.5 60ft.
My money is on a much worse run with launch control. If you are hitting a 1.6x 60' I say if it ain't broke don't fix it!! Have you tried the launch control?

If you have good track prep, and good weather you should be able to get very consistent. For me my best passes are an 1800 launch with a quick roll into the throttle. I produced four 1.6x 60 foots in a row. Best being a 1.61 and 1.69 being the worst.

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
I believe there is a bit more left in it. The first few passes of the day were awful as far as short times were concerned. The tires were new and it is not easy to get it right gas/brake launching. Once the tires had a few passes and more rocks hanging from them life got easier. Next time we come back we will be past 500 miles and will be able to use launch control. The consistency will help. It was in the low 60s when we arrived, and I feel that the 1.6 60ft coupled with cooler air would help. The 1.6 60ft had not a hint of wheelspin. What killed us earlier was running through the brakes at the tree when trying to load up with gas/brake. Next time we will use launch control. I hope to touch a 1.5 60ft.[/Q
Thanks for sharing, what kind of tires and wheels do you have on the rear and front?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are running Weld S77 17x9 wheels with a 28" tall 275x17 M&H Racemaster drag radial and stock front wheels and Tires.
The rear combo is nice as you save 25 LBS in wheels/tires compared to stock.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
Nice runs but launch control will not help. Whose clown car in the first post?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Mclaren belongs to my neighbor. We are participating in the Gold Rush Rally. It is kind of a tradition to have your car wrapped in an obnoxious fashion for it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.