SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but no one smile when the drove the car but the hellcat,, that guy was like a school boy, Im sure if you put four sticky tires on the hellcat it would be close to the z28..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Did anybody else notice that the lap time difference, at just a few seconds between these cars, represents but a 2% variation, an amount that could be offset by normal differences in driver skill or different tire brands. Far from a significant difference, for all of us that don't rely on lap times for our income.

Reactions: Fire Frog

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but no one smile when the drove the car but the hellcat,, that guy was like a school boy, Im sure if you put four sticky tires on the hellcat it would be close to the z28..
I watched the Hellcat's hot lap, again, and something struck me! He was consistently coasting, for a good while, right before each turn. Nice and leisurely, sure, but NOT the way to get low lap times! Everybody raves about those big brembos on the Hellcat, and how there is no fade even after numerous laps, and so on. Thus, the driver should've stayed on the gas, longer, with minimal coasting, and then, at the last moment, brake super-hard to shave off just enough speed to navigate the turn. That alone would shave a few seconds off, on a course with this many turns, and put it right there with the spartan non-daily-driver Z28 with no A/C or other creature comforts; Amazing, for a car with a real backseat and large trunk that's laden with all the luxury and safety and tech amenities!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
304 Posts
Man I love the hellcat exhaust and supercharger whine in this video
Saw this as well and posted it to my Facebook. Very cool and the Hellcat sounds amazing. The ZL1 is a better choice of Camaro in my opinion. This new Z28 is a track only...and really who goes around orange cones? I am a BIG fan of the handbuilt 427 V8 in it. Ragging about the Challenger's size and ability (I think it's just fine and then some) is like saying "Man, my 1000cc bike isn't near as nimble as my 500cc bike!!!" DUH

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
328 Posts
I wonder what order those cars were shot in. It looked like he used more of the track in the gt and hellcat. The z had room to spare on exit which to me means there was some more time to shave off.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw this as well and posted it to my Facebook. Very cool and the Hellcat sounds amazing. The ZL1 is a better choice of Camaro in my opinion. This new Z28 is a track only...and really who goes around orange cones? I am a BIG fan of the handbuilt 427 V8 in it. Ragging about the Challenger's size and ability (I think it's just fine and then some) is like saying "Man, my 1000cc bike isn't near as nimble as my 500cc bike!!!" DUH
Agreed! you said it just right. :)
I wonder what order those cars were shot in. It looked like he used more of the track in the gt and hellcat. The z had room to spare on exit which to me means there was some more time to shave off.
well the guy that drove the camaro seemed real partial to the camaro so i was like whatever - HELLCAT ALL THE WAY LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
119 Posts
The Camaro and Mustang were both manual transmission verses automatic in the Hellcat. The manual transmission cars seemed to benefit from transmission braking in the corners, whereas the driver did not seem to be using downshifting the same way with the paddle shifter. He seemed to be using all brakes rather than a lower gear. Then again, the transmission braking of a six speed manual may be more effective than that of an eight speed automatic.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
606 Posts
I noticed the Hellcat driver was losing the rear end in many corners....I have a feeling they had the Hellcat in track or mode and that takes the traction control off.....traction control is a must in this vehicle. I bet he would have been much quicker with the traction control on.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
I heard him in the wrong gear at least twice in the HC. I agree, he may have done better in a 6-spd HC, he didn't seem to use the downshifing manually as well, like he did with the stick cars. That would have shaved off at least a second, maybe more (putting it ahead of the Mustang), and for my daily driver, I don't want the harsh ride and noise that goes along with it of a Z28. Give me tire shredding torque, stupid hp and blower whine any day! I don't care, I live on the STREET (and occasionally on the strip), not on a road course...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.