SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that the Hellcat M6 is taken directly from the Viper, is the SRT 392 transmission the same as Hellcat ie Viper transmission ? Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
159 Posts
And added oil cooler too for HC Tranny!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,730 Posts
What everybody else here said.. it's crazy they put the cooler in.. these transmissions shift better with more heat in them, but I understand the reasoning.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
370 Posts
Traded in my 2014 M6 392 SRT8 for a Hellcat m6 (previously had a 2011 6.4l and a 2010 6.1l) and the difference is night and day. loved the SRT8s (hence buying 3 in a row) but the Hellcat well worth the premium imho

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
171 Posts
My manual Hellcat will hit 62 in first, I'm sure the scat packs aren't close to that

Reactions: PurpleCat16

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,535 Posts
Old thread I know.....

Now that HCs have been produced for a couple years now, has anyone successfully swapped a 392 M6 over to a HC? If so what was done about the different clutch and the trans cooler?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
453 Posts
Ive been looking at 6.4 M6 trannys because the shorter 1st gear and taller 6th gear. I didn't think about the cooler. I'm sure everything else is pretty much the same.

Reactions: SRTFighter

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Old thread but has anyone swapped the SRT/Scat M6 into the Hellcat ? If so how do you like it and any issues holding the extra power of the Hellcat ?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
815 Posts
The 392 Transmission is not rated to handle the 650 lb ft of torque that the stock Hellcat puts out. There are aftermarket transmission gear sets out there most notably Tranzilla which can withstand the torque of the stock Hellcat engine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
487 Posts
I had a 392 SRT...when I changed to the Hellcat, I was surprised the gear ratios in the trans were different. At first, I thought the 392 had 'better' ratios. But now, I don't. The first gear in the HC is taller, and the rear gear is too, so it's a tougher car to take off in. And, the 6th gear is much 'less tall'...so you pull more revs on the highway. But, the overall effect is the ratios in all 6 gears are 'closer' which makes for a better driving car. In the 392, 6th gear was really too tall so it was more like a 5 speed. And I drove it using 1-3-5 almost all the time so it was really like a 3 speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts