SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking out loud here guys and wanted the forum's input?

Have 6 speed Hellcat WB now...was wonder is there major difference other than money? can you feel the difference ( i have heard you cant) maybe RE guys could chime in?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,326 Posts
If you had an A8 then I would say dont bother. You already have the WB as well.
Buuut let’s say you were to go with a RE. The A8 is awesome. In this case I’d say hell yes, especially if you went with the 3.09’s. I went from an A8 2016 which obviously wasnt a WB, and the difference in my WB 3.09 RE is noticeable.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
I’ve had at least one manual car in my stable for a couple of decades. I sold my WB M6 challenger cat and went to a Redeye 309. I had a charger hellcat before I went to the m6 challenger. I didn’t like the m6 challenger as much as the charger. The extra room is a plus and the handling was better in the Charger Hellcat. Something about the auto also made it more fun to drive. So I said why not just get the looks of the challenger I want and get the auto with more power to boot? The Redeye with the 309 is a freakin’ blast to drive. I look to drive it anytime I get a chance. It’s an amazing car.
Maybe someone close to you will let you drive theirs to get a feel for it?

·
Registered
Sublime REWB
940 Posts
My WBRE with 309's is a blast to drive. Strong shifts, up and down and stooopid fun. I swear it sounds crazier and digs down & squats on launch. As Linda mentioned in another thread, throttle control is key.

My past Hellcat's were both standard body so my comparison won't be relevant for your question. If I loved a current WB Hellcat, don't know if I'd bump up to a WB Redeye unless there were other considerations (holy grail color..for me was Sublime) and something like Power Dollars and other discounts (Affiliate Pricing, etc) to reduce the $$$ pain.

I'm fibbing...I'd do it :D:alien::p

IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_2151.JPG

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
350 Posts
What are you going to do with the extra 80-90hp that you aren't already able to do with the car you already have? Is this about serious racing or just flexing at Cars and Coffee?

I don't see the ROI within the business case unless you are getting a killer trade-in, a steal on the RE, and have a legitimate need for the added performance (and the ability to apply it).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If I had the option, and, if, for some reason, I ever found the widebody to be to my taste, I wouldn't hesitate to get the most powerful version available. No one ever said "Wow, I am sure glad I didn't go for the gusto!"

There's nothing I really LOVE about a manual transmission other than using the brakes almost never, because I rev-match and gear down and let the elephant slow the car down for me, for the most part. If you want to be able to concentrate more on steering, then the automatic is a no-brainer. At 120+mph, you really DO like to concentrate on the steering.

Curious if the final actual ratio between engine and rear tires is higher or lower with the stock automatic setup or with the stock manual setup, in each of their top gears.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
8,326 Posts
Im old. Cant flex anything but this RE. Def does the job lol.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Im old. Cant flex anything but this RE. Def does the job lol.
Absolutely a great car - I just couldn't justify the potential financial hardship of jumping out of a nearly new car unless it was pretty clear cut... or a crime of passion.

Also, congrats and welcome to the widebooty crew.

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
122 Posts
Its funny. There is simply no way to justify buying a hellcat or the like type of car as a good idea. They are purely a pleasure purchase. And no matter what a great deal I ever get, or even when going all out (expense wise), I will somehow always make the payments until I sale it or pay it off. I agree with the above poster that NO ONE ever says “I wish I would have purchased the less powerful one” with a car like the hellcat, redeye, etc. So...at least for me, it would have to be a crazy good buy to go with a lower powered/optioned car to buy it over the baddest version made!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
If you were going to mod the non-RE to that level, you might be even money or a little ahead by the time you buy the upgraded s/c, fuel system parts, the gears, etc. It's close....

Not that I would have been doing that same math or anything... :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
My WBRE with 309's is a blast to drive. Strong shifts, up and down and stooopid fun. I swear it sounds crazier and digs down & squats on launch. As Linda mentioned in another thread, throttle control is key.

My past Hellcat's were both standard body so my comparison won't be relevant for your question. If I loved a current WB Hellcat, don't know if I'd bump up to a WB Redeye unless there were other considerations (holy grail color..for me was Sublime) and something like Power Dollars and other discounts (Affiliate Pricing, etc) to reduce the $$$ pain.

View attachment 558646 View attachment 558647
@Hayabusa Sick garage set up!

·
Registered
Sublime REWB
940 Posts
I wish! It's the set up for the guy who did my paint correction and CQuartz ceramic coat. You could eat off of the floor at that place.

Thanks for the shout out! Working on repainting the walls and redoing the floor paint in my garage. Pretty clean but would not eat a potato chip I dropped on it :cry::LOL:

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish! It's the set up for the guy who did my paint correction and CQuartz ceramic coat. You could eat off of the floor at that place.

Thanks for the shout out! Working on repainting the walls and redoing the floor paint in my garage. Pretty clean but would not eat a potato chip I dropped on it :cry::LOL:
Haha hey we can dream right!

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
15 Posts
I was in a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8, and just traded up for the 2020 HCREWB, and love every minute of the drive, and the shifts it does both up, and down are freaking amazing. As others stated you don't say oh I'm happy I got the lower less powerful model. I waited for the 2020 since I wanted the added non hydraulic steering. I use mine as a daily driver, even though I've got another vehicle, and a few motorcycles in the garage.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,180 Posts
i only bought a redeye because of the discounts. if they weren't around i would have happily bought a "standard" hellcat. but i'm cheap.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts

View attachment 558646 View attachment 558647
Is this you garage or a ceramic coating bay?....either way I love it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts