SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
so you spray the stuff on and then hose it off??

you dont have to use soapy water and scrub it first?

i find i scratch rims the most when i wax them......but then you need to wax them to keep them from getting too much brake dust build up

are you cleaning the inside of the rims too? (i always did on my 2011)....not sure if i will bother on this one

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
so you spray the stuff on and then hose it off??

you dont have to use soapy water and scrub it first?

i find i scratch rims the most when i wax them......but then you need to wax them to keep them from getting too much brake dust build up

are you cleaning the inside of the rims too? (i always did on my 2011)....not sure if i will bother on this one
Yes, I clean them with water, mild soap and a soft brush with long handle so I can get all the way inside. After I dry them, they still look dirty so I use the cleaning wax. It doesn't seem to leave a lot if build up, but does help with brake dust. It's really hard to get behind the brakes so I usually have to pull up and finish the inside. I am pretty fussy and hate dirt in the back of the wheel.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
the inside of the wheels are a pain to clean..
i always just take the micro fiber sponge thing and run it around and around the inside....i always toss out the sponge after every car wash.....i always wash mine with a new microfiber sponge

from the 1 time i washed my rims i felt the black finish is pretty strong....anyone getting scratches on it from washing???

my IE rims were touchy...the black parts scratch easy.....im hoping the HC rims are better....i worried they would be worse seeing they are mat

another issue i have with rims is you trash your micro fiber towels...they cost like $8 each and they come out black from each rim......i often toss the towels out rather than wash them....once they are black i dont want to ever use them again on my car...

i always toss out all my microfibers and buy all new every year.....i think i spend $100-150 a year on them to keep them good.......anything to reduce scratches

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
i always just take the micro fiber sponge thing and run it around and around the inside....i always toss out the sponge after every car wash.....i always wash mine with a new microfiber sponge

from the 1 time i washed my rims i felt the black finish is pretty strong....anyone getting scratches on it from washing???

my IE rims were touchy...the black parts scratch easy.....im hoping the HC rims are better....i worried they would be worse seeing they are mat
I find them to rock chip easily and I have Dodge replacing one because the paint is so thin, it isn't covering the wheel. I anticipate powder coating them by Summer. I don't think they will wear well since it is my daily driver.o_O

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
913 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
OK I'm going to share with you an old car show trick that has helped me win many shows, Lemon Pledge, I just the orange scent but this is a thin spray wax that easy to apply will gloss your wheel a little but makes it easy to clean brake dust off. Remember it wont slow down how much brake dust, just makes it easier to care for the wheel finish.

Reactions: bfusion

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
Since these rims are very close to what I used to have on my 12, I will most likely use the same method.

Tire Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Automotive tire

Wash the rims with a separate sponge than I do on the rest of the car, dry the best I can, then detail them with Meguiar's last touch detailer

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
OK I'm going to share with you an old car show trick that has helped me win many shows, Lemon Pledge, I just the orange scent but this is a thin spray wax that easy to apply will gloss your wheel a little but makes it easy to clean brake dust off. Remember it wont slow down how much brake dust, just makes it easier to care for the wheel finish.
Sounds like my cleaning wax. They just took the lemon smell out and made it more car like. Now that you say thst, I swear that's what the SHIZZY is, I just paid 10x more for it!! CRAP! I hate when I get ripped. Dam kid was cute, I felt sorry for him and threw me off my game.o_O

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.