SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,657 Posts
The units as we know them with high powered gas powered V8’s. Yes.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,736 Posts
All Hellcats, Redeyes, Super Stocks, 5.7L Hemis, 6.4L Hemis, and the V6 Pentastar are all dead on 12/31/2023.
So I guess they better build a lot of those new straight 6 engines to cover all the trucks, fleet cars, police cars and anyone else wanting a new car. I'm still skeptical on this idea that everything as we know it will disappear overnight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak
1,859 Posts
So I guess they better build a lot of those new straight 6 engines to cover all the trucks, fleet cars, police cars and anyone else wanting a new car. I'm still skeptical on this idea that everything as we know it will disappear overnight.

Ram is no longer under the Dodge umbrella. I don't know what their plans are. I can only quote what Dodge has said about the adoption of the i4 and i6 in the upcoming 2024+ model of cars. They aren't going to disappear overnight. We have all of 2022 and 2023 before they're gone. But yes, as of 2024, they are no more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
E muscle. I bet these new cars will be in the 9’s easy. But all that said I want a gas monster I have a jailbreak on order. 😁. Our gas cars will be slower. But louder and cooler. 😎. All that said these new E muscle cars will destroy our gas hellcats it won’t be funny.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
"Performance made us do it".
Um ya okaaaaaaay.
More like "Emissions made us do it".

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
more click bait if you had to come here to ask lol

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
Lol that too. But honestly for pure performance you can’t beat electrics now. They are the future.
True but that's purely a side effect/benefit. It was not why they went electric. The video is asking why on earth would they go electric. Dodge is the king of ICE right now, they wouldnt just ditch the crown unless forced.

Reactions: Reaperhwk

·
Registered
577 Posts

It did 1971.

·
Registered
'19 Challenger Redeye
1,206 Posts
E muscle. I bet these new cars will be in the 9’s easy. But all that said I want a gas monster I have a jailbreak on order. 😁. Our gas cars will be slower. But louder and cooler. 😎. All that said these new E muscle cars will destroy our gas hellcats it won’t be funny.

I agree with all you said......but no one will care if the E-cars can do nines at the strip. You know how utterly boring it'll be watching electric motors going down the drag strip??

·
Registered
On order '22 Charger Hellcat Redeye
20 Posts
I agree with all you said......but no one will care if the E-cars can do nines at the strip. You know how utterly boring it'll be watching electric motors going down the drag strip??
I have to wonder what the sport of drag racing will look like as a spectator sport in 10-15 years when ICE cars are out of favor. I cant imagine 20k people in the stands at a national event to watch electric cars.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,657 Posts
The Little Red Express with its 360 was the fastest American car in 1978, faster than the Trans Am and Corvette.
Maybe until I simply bolted a set of pre-emission era heads on my T/A 6.6 along with a couple other convenient bolt-ons to support its revised compression ratio. Then about everything around at that time was in my sights.

Cool trucks, I agree. What a horrible time for performance that was. As soon as I fixed my T/A then it was problematic to get gas and especially high octane gas.

Lots of similarities to today. Inflation has not been that high, and gas prices have not risen so quickly since then, lots of things seem similar now to me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Maybe until I simply bolted a set of pre-emission era heads on my T/A 6.6 along with a couple other convenient bolt-ons to support its revised compression ratio. Then about everything around at that time was in my sights.

Cool trucks, I agree. What a horrible time for performance that was. As soon as I fixed my T/A then it was problematic to get gas and especially high octane gas.

Lots of similarities to today. Inflation has not been that high, and gas prices have not risen so quickly since then, lots of things seem similar now to me.
No doubt but I was talking about out-of-the-box. Because the 360 could be warmed up a lot. Ask me how I know:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
577 Posts
The Little Red Express with its 360 was the fastest American car in 1978, faster than the Trans Am and Corvette.
I wasn't referring to the fastest or comparing cars. The last hurrah was in 1971 hands down. My comment was to the person who doesn't think it will just suddenly change. I'm just saying yes it could. The lil red express was no 426 Hemi! Everyone knows that 1971 was the last year before everything changed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dodge will replace the hellcat with electric and that top engine will not be available. I didn’t read anything saying all the lower HP engines won’t be available. I think Dodge will have ICE for a while longer at the sub 500hp level and the new hellcats will have the electrics. That’s how I read it.

So that will be the transition period. You want gas get 500hp. You want more, electric.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,736 Posts
I wasn't referring to the fastest or comparing cars. The last hurrah was in 1971 hands down. My comment was to the person who doesn't think it will just suddenly change. I'm just saying yes it could. The lil red express was no 426 Hemi! Everyone knows that 1971 was the last year before everything changed.
And I was really trying to address the idea that they will be electric only in 2024. I don't see it but if that is their plan then Dodge will be gone soon after. They've gotta keep at least one efficient gas engine that can be modded with turbos to get the power up and then use electric on top of that which would add more. So I know we're gonna lose the top engines like happened after 1971 but still gonna have a great running gas car imho.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts