SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
615 Posts
I recently had a DREAM someone stole my Hellcat and some how I knew where the car was... it was at a race track... they were about to race it.. so I pull up and this old lady gets out... and I just immediately started punching her in face! Hahaha... I woke right up like wtf... It was such a crazy dream I didn't even check and see if my car was outside...
Was it your mother in law that got out of the car? lolololol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,771 Posts
So this is not possible then?

Don't need the FOB or to get inside, you can do it from underneath. A tow truck driver will just jack up the front, reach under and pull the release back, trans goes to neutral and he's gone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
All they do is break the window, climb in, hit the neutral release and push it with another vehicle somewhere.

It's a shame the alarm doesn't have motion/pitch detection. It would deter most if not all the thefts with people in earshot. The fob issue is another altogether, I'm not sure how easy or difficult that is to clone.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
189 Posts
The cars stolen from the shipping yard in Detroit were flatbedded out. Any tow-truck operator can explain how to do it.

As for theft involving intercepting/amplifying/recording/reproducing keyfobs, beyond proof-of-concept, there's nothing I've seen beyond anecdotal evidence that it can be done, meaning there's no real sign it is being done in any real numbers.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,344 Posts
All they do is break the window, climb in, hit the neutral release and push it with another vehicle somewhere.

It's a shame the alarm doesn't have motion/pitch detection. It would deter most if not all the thefts with people in earshot. The fob issue is another altogether, I'm not sure how easy or difficult that is to clone.
Break the window? You must not have seen post #34

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,215 Posts
And the steering is still locked... I'm not sure how hard it is to break that pin these days, haven't had to do it in a while.
Neutral is the easy part.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,771 Posts
And the steering is still locked... I'm not sure how hard it is to break that pin these days, haven't had to do it in a while.
What locked steering?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
896 Posts
Sucks she sprayed the inside of her car! Safe to say the plastic parts are all etched to hell for life now. Only way the story could be better is if he had some static electricity built up in his clothing as he ran away and burst into flames. I guess a 9MM thru his forehead would be almost as equally satisfying to watch though. Oh well there is always next time.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,215 Posts
What locked steering?
Hmm... now you have me questioning my logic... without a keyed ignition I don't know if they even lock the wheel anymore, lol. Needless to say, I've never tried, but I will this afternoon when I leave work.

I imagine you know that it doesn't lock at all?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,771 Posts
Hmm... now you have me questioning my logic... without a keyed ignition I don't know if they even lock the wheel anymore, lol. Needless to say, I've never tried, but I will this afternoon when I leave work.

I imagine you know that it doesn't lock at all?
Yeah that was sneaky, I do.

No, no locking wheel and not sure this generation Challenger ever had one. Guess they figure the other anti-theft measures are enough.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Thank you for the idea. Got Ravelco installed in my 16 Hellcat Charger and my 19 Scat Pack Charger. Sometimes you just have to go back to the basics, old school never fails!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Charger Hellcat
619 Posts
This will slow them down but any common thief can easily get around a steering wheel lock.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
851 Posts
Isn't technology great. Soon with cars driving themselves if someone wants to put a hit on you they will just hack into the cars computer and drive you off a cliff or into a wall. Technology is great.

This is a great movie for those who like this type of stuff. There is a nice Challenger in this movie too.

great movie except for the weird blonde guy

41 - 60 of 104 Posts